Stranraer v Pars

Stellaboz

After last season's debacle at Starks Park everyone should have been under no illusions about the importance of a good cup run both for confidence and for generating some much needed income. By losing in this round in front of only 431 paying spectators, it wouldn't surprise me if we lost money in this competition. What a shambles we are.

A shambles, is that you just noticing.
We have been telling you lot that since you were taking all those fucking loans that you had no intention (or means) to pay back.

Not seen a l lot of Stranraer this season but was impressed today. Was a game for the football purists but thought we were very organised, set out with a game plan, few different free kick and corner routines and stuck to the task well.
Elliot and Hilton did a power of work, defence stayed strong throughout and was hardly breached but best for me ( can’t believe I’m saying this ) was Jamie Hamill. Played like a real leader. Didn’t think he’d have the legs to play there but rarely caught out today and distribution was far better.
Unlucky not to have a goal or two in the first twenty minutes, don’t really recall any periods of sustained pressure from Dunfermline in the first half.
A bit more threatening second half but don’t recall anything to clear cut. Free kick off the bar the only real threatening effort.

Must have something about us beating, Raith, Dunfermline and a decent Clyde team this season. Hopefully find a bit of consistency and climb up the table when we get back to league business.

An extra pint for Queens Park tonight.

1 hour ago, Mattmc said:

Not seen a l lot of Stranraer this season but was impressed today. Was a game for the football purists but thought we were very organised, set out with a game plan, few different free kick and corner routines and stuck to the task well.
Elliot and Hilton did a power of work, defence stayed strong throughout and was hardly breached but best for me ( can’t believe I’m saying this ) was Jamie Hamill. Played like a real leader. Didn’t think he’d have the legs to play there but rarely caught out today and distribution was far better.
Unlucky not to have a goal or two in the first twenty minutes, don’t really recall any periods of sustained pressure from Dunfermline in the first half.
A bit more threatening second half but don’t recall anything to clear cut. Free kick off the bar the only real threatening effort.

Must have something about us beating, Raith, Dunfermline and a decent Clyde team this season. Hopefully find a bit of consistency and climb up the table when we get back to league business.

An extra pint for Queens Park tonight.

Would have been farce if Stranraer had got nothing out of that game, Hamill bossed the midfield.