Bonnyrigg Rose vs Montrose

watdeadlyone

Can’t disagree with anything said about the Mo’s line up. Why the centre halves were changed against a team that were always going to be 100% up for this match is beyond me.  Thought if players were going to get a run out it would have been Fleming in goal and possibly CJ getting much needed minutes.  Says it all when one of the aforementioned centre halves gave away a stupid free kick that led to the first and was turned so easily for the second when we had just got on level terms, then never came out for the second half! 

Fair play to Bonnyrigg, played to their strengths and made it as difficult as possible for us. Even when down to 10 men against a late onslaught they stood firm and keeper made a great save at the death. I was celebrating a goal and couldn’t believe it hadn’t gone in

can see Bonnyrigg getting a plum draw on Monday 

No complaints about the result today. Bonnyrigg just about deserved it although I guess they were still not at their best. Can't blame the conditions as it was the same for both teams but I think on an artificial pitch like at Links Park it would have been more in Montrose's favour - EXCEPT for the starting line up. Can see the point but that staring line up was never going to win the game and the Mo have thrown away a chance of a big game in the next round and a heap of sponsorship money. Only saving grace is no serious looking injuries as there just has to be a positive reaction against Raith Rovers next week, and which had better happen.

4 hours ago, mo83 said:
5 hours ago, Brummo said:
I heard it was an attempt to shield younger, less battle-hardened players that he opted for a different lineup. 

Lol.....What a load of shite

Just what I was told. If you remember what happened at LTHV game, in the aftermath of which several key players spent much of the season injured then you'd realise why. 

Edited by Brummo
Substitute

Just what I was told. If you remember what happened at LTHV game, in the aftermath of which several key players spent much of the season injured then you'd realise why. 
Injuries can happen in any game to be honest so am not buying that at all if that's the excuse.

5 hours ago, mo83 said:
12 hours ago, Brummo said:

Injuries can happen in any game to be honest so am not buying that at all if that's the excuse

Not an excuse. I would gladly take an early cup exit to concentrate on league business rather than our previous form of p1ss poor league performance, coupled with occasional (short) cup runs with inevitable pumpings by bigger teams. 0-9 at Easter Road for example.

Not an excuse. I would gladly take an early cup exit to concentrate on league business rather than our previous form of p1ss poor league performance, coupled with occasional (short) cup runs with inevitable pumpings by bigger teams. 0-9 at Easter Road for example.

A good cup run for extra income is all I want.Concentrate on the league I hear what your saying but we normally get to get round 2-3 it's not that many more games in the season.Bonnyrigg will be doubt get some big money spinning game and we have shot ourselves in the foot playing a weakened team.

The Hibs game years ago did that not come at a right good time when we were skint as f**k?

On 19/11/2019 at 01:40, GordonS said:

6/1 on Betfair. Montrose are obviously clear favourites but on that slope, with that crowd, against that team, there's no way that Bonnyrigg are 6 to 1 against.

Broxburn are 7/2 at Inverurie and Talbot are 13/2 against Arbroath. Is it me or are they pricing the non-league clubs unwisely? The prices for Talbot v Cove and Stirling Uni v Linlithgow Rose in the last round were daft. 

Having read this put on £5 on Bonnyrigg,Broxburn and Clyde they all won for£329. 

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

The better Juniors are no pushover on their own pitch, they dont give an inch.

Unless this is going to get me "whooshed"... there were no Juniors in R3 except Auchinleck.

Bonnyrigg are LL - Linlithgow, Broxburn and Penicuik are EOSL.