Hibs vs 'Well

I quite like both players but I don’t really like the front 3 with Cole and Long rotating. 

Both players generally look uncomfortable when doing their stint out wide and both look far better when allowed to play through the middle. I understand Robinson obviously wants them both in the team but I think he’d be better off picking one of them. Or switching formations if he wants the two of them on the pitch. 

Whilst I’m at it, I also don’t like how our midfield rotates and we don’t have a designated sitting midfielder- like we did with Gorrin last season. I think that also contributes to our defensive deficiencies, as too often all 3 of them will empty the middle of the park and leave the defence exposed. 

On the positive side, I agree that Hylton is starting to look like he’s finding his feet. Looked a real threat yesterday and his play in the build up to our goal was excellent. 

23 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Disgusted that we've lost to a team managed by a man who apparently wears polo shirts underneath his actual shirt.

Takes the one with the lipstick off before going home to the missus.

I thought we played well and whilst delighted to get 3 points and get Captain Jack off to a flyer I was impressed by Motherwell except for the dive. But they're a very different side to the one that played timidly at ER last season.Lots of good play and posession and some really exciting players.  At times however they seem to be attempting to score the perfect passed goal  rather than peppering the opposition goal when they get the chance. They'll be top 6 no problem so all in all thats's a great 3 points.

Edited by AndyM

20 hours ago, Zing. said:

Quite the dive from Polworth, ref got it spot on. 

At the time I thought it was a stonewaller.  Porteous is clumsy and imho it is a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.  Seeing the highlights it would have been soft and I would be raging if it was given against us, but the sad truth is we have already had a softer penalty awarded against us this season.  If I recall v St Johnstone away where the slightest touch in the box led to a theatrical star jump followed by a death dive.  Thankfully they missed and with Donnelly missing I am not sure we would have scored anyways. 

Our overall play was quite good but our defending was abysmal for the goals.  The 2nd in particular. Campbell and Polworth between them farting about allowing Kamberi to get his shot off.  A recurring theme at the moment.  We need to cut that sh1t out if we have any chance of finishing top 4 or more realistically top 6. 

29 minutes ago, welldaft said:

At the time I thought it was a stonewaller.  Porteous is clumsy and imho it is a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.  Seeing the highlights it would have been soft and I would be raging if it was given against us,

I watched Sportscene and they praised Beaton for spotting the leg flicking up toward Porteous.

I suspect he just didnt have a scooby what was going on and probably still thinks its a pen.