Hibs vs 'Well

It should’ve been a free kick because the foul started outside the box. It carried on into the box and was also a penalty, but you have to give the free kick first, I think I’m right in saying.
You'd be wrong in saying that. I wasn't there but if the foul continued into the box then he should have awarded a penalty.

If beaton thought it wasn't a foul, then it's fairly nailed on it was, he doesn't appear well versed in the rules.

Still unsure how Campbell gets booked 1st half, commits another shirt pull and gets a wee chat instead of a red. 

Re the match, Motherwell were excellent, on another day the 3 points would be heading back to Lanarkshire.

We were good going forward, still a bit suspect defensively.

There’s probably a business opportunity here.....this lovely entrepreneurial couple should present it to Nonce Andrew’s ‘Pitch@Palace’ initiative.........they’d have The Duke of Nonce and his beastly mates flinging wads of notes at them.

23 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Thought he played a excellent pass to Doidge for his goal and was more comfortable in the middle of the park. Hopefully he keeps this up. 

You mean the shot that the goalie blocked? That pass, aye?

We were very good against a good team in Motherwell.  

It is a funny old game - it almost today looked like Heckingbottom has actually signed some decent players, but by playing with one up front we have been playing with the hand break on all season. 

Special mentions today:

Christian Doidge - really good in the air and helping take down goal kicks. Knows how to work himself into areas to score so, whilst he is not a natural finisher, he is very good at getting himself into scoring positions. 

Kamberi - superb. He is back. 

Joe Newell - looked the business.  Couple of very tidy turns and runs. 

Hallberg - class act. Very smooth, deceptively fast and looks very comfortable on and off the ball. 

Allan/Mallan - we are so lucky to be in a position where we can swap these two around in the No.10 role.  Mallan has been playing as a CDM which is simply not his game. Looked good when he came on and think Jack Ross will mould him back into the player he was meant to be for us.

Jack Ross - well done big guy.  One thing I noticed is he definitely has a real presence about him. 

Aye, Newell was good. Hallberg looks the pick of Hecky’s signings to me. Just hope it doesn’t cost us too much to get rid of Vela in January.

Highlights here 

Motherwell goal surely should’ve been offside? Number 44 interferes with play? Although it does take a touch off a hibs player on the way through so maybe not, I’m not clued up massively on the latest offside rule.

Edited by Zing.

3 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I thought Newell was very good as well tbh. Suits being inside a bit more, he’s never a winger. He’s done well last two games.

I had just said to someone that he was playing well when he played an unbelievably bad pass direct to Devante Cole which almost led to a goal. Only bad thing he did in the first half though mostly neat an tidy build up play.

I thought he looked a bit knackered half way through the 2nd (although so did Slivka) but we didnt have the  option to make both changes.

Overall, despite the bad press Newell and Doidge have had, I feel there are players to be had there.

Vela though, as evidenced by him not being near the squad for the last 2 winning matches looks done.

3 hours ago, Green Day said:

I had just said to someone that he was playing well when he played an unbelievably bad pass direct to Devante Cole which almost led to a goal. Only bad thing he did in the first half though mostly neat an tidy build up play.

I thought he looked a bit knackered half way through the 2nd (although so did Slivka) but we didnt have the  option to make both changes.

Overall, despite the bad press Newell and Doidge have had, I feel there are players to be had there.

Vela though, as evidenced by him not being near the squad for the last 2 winning matches looks done.

He was never going to change a winning team today so that’ll be why Vela didn’t play against Motherwell. I’m not totally writing him off either, every single player was shite for Hecky, not just his new signings. Ross might be able to get something out of Vela. 

I feel like we got what we deserved in the end; nothing. 

I seem to be saying it on almost a weekly basis now but we are far too soft and easy to score against. Since the League Cup group stages ended, we’ve now played 15 games and conceded 2(or more) goals in over half of them. 

Second half we did have a lot of the ball and played some nice stuff at times but what did we actually do with it? I can barely remember the Hibs keeper even having to make a save. By contrast Hibs scored another, hit the post and forced at least one decent save from Gillespie. 

We’ve probably played worse this season and taken points from games but I don’t think we can have any real arguments about leaving empty handed yesterday- possible penalty claim aside. Being a soft touch at the back and a lack of cutting edge in the final third is ultimately what done us though. 

I was raging with Christopher Long twice yesterday and the highlights reaffirmed what I was thinking.

He didn’t track his runner for Hibernian’s 2nd goal and in the 2nd half his cut back from the left was too hard and too high. A low pass on the ground would have left a tap in at the back post. He also had a poor cut back in the first half from the right after a fine team move and run from him.

However, he and Devante Cole are showing flashes that they will do well this season. Hopefully we get Cole on a permanent deal as I think he has potential to make us pounds. Some of his turns and runs were lovely.

I also thought that was the best I’ve seen Hylton since the Morton game. He is getting more and more involved. I honestly thought he was hiding for a while earlier in the season. Nowhere near Jake Taylor levels of hiding but he is currently justifying Seedorf being on the bench.

54 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

We’ve probably played worse this season and taken points from games but I don’t think we can have any real arguments about leaving empty handed yesterday- possible penalty claim aside. Being a soft touch at the back and a lack of cutting edge in the final third is ultimately what done us though. 

9 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

He didn’t track his runner for Hibernian’s 2nd goal and in the 2nd half his cut back from the left was too hard and too high. A low pass on the ground would have left a tap in at the back post. He also had a poor cut back in the first half from the right after a fine team move and run from him.

Robinson's post-match was a bit of a throwback to last season with him clearly seething about folk not tracking their runners.