Hibs vs 'Well

Yet again we have shown that we are incapable of recovering from going behind in a match. We were awful yet again today, at the back more cheap goals conceded and totally ineffective up front.

Not good enough 

On 18/11/2019 at 20:31, HibsFan said:
Jack Ross' first game in charge, it's sure to end in a crushing Hibs win.
Them's the facts. Deal with it, you gang of Lanarkshire neo-nazis.

Yet another HibsFan promise that you can take to the bank. RossWithIt.png.5630fb56c8eb3d0c8accdf577cfb0ae6.png

Edited by HibsFan

3 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

Not so very long ago, there would be names in the Hibs team that you know would cause us problems. Actual, good footballers. Not like that list of absolute jobbers. 

( that’ll probably beat us today) 

Those jobbers made your lot look like jabronis.

Good old JR. 

JR cigar.png

Edited by Crawford Bridge

We did not dominate but we played fairly well all told. Hibs had a purple patch where they scored 2 well worked goals but I always felt up until Hibs scored the 3rd we were very much in the game and did look a decent side. Gallagher strolled it but we are weak in midfield defensively and too laboured up front always making the wrong pass at the end of a well worked move. 

Turning point for me was the Polworth penalty claim. For me it looked a gimme. Need to see it again but if Beaton denied us the chance to go 2-2 I will be severely p1ssed off. I almost know for certain that would have been given against us. These games are won by small margins and it was a huge call. Hope I am wrong. 

Overall unlike pant wetter MJC I am not disheartened by that display. Should it come as news that we don’t have the players that are the finished article or make an arse of things from time to time. 

play like that and we will finish top 6 at least. 

Edited by welldaft

Other than a couple of tackles, Naismith was utter dugshite in the second half.

What a performance from the boy Hallberg

Kamberi’s celebration and then nodding along to his song during a corner [emoji23]

Motherwell certainly had plenty of the ball at times and put in loads of crosses but we dealt with it well. Thought they should’ve had a penalty as well.

We were very good on the counter. Naismith looks solid and can get forward well. Newell and Doidge not being totally shite again is another bonus. Thought Doidge would’ve had MOTM.

All in all, great stuff from Jack Ross and the team.

E580C356-BEDE-410F-951F-062589D5B423.png.7a2c06c88f200463e3001ce8dd2f9794.png

Turning point for me was the Polworth penalty claim. For me it looked a gimme. Need to see it again but if Beaton denied us the chance to go 2-2 I will be severely p1ssed off. I almost know for certain that would have been given against us. These games are won by small margins and it was a huge call. Hope I am wrong. 

It should’ve been a free kick because the foul started outside the box. It carried on into the box and was also a penalty, but you have to give the free kick first, I think I’m right in saying.

I thought Hibs deserved the shree points TBH - but not really one to be disheartened about from our point of view. 

First half, we didn't look like ourselves in that we had a poor time of it in midfield - Hibs were allowed to run the show and they did so - no complaints in us being a goal down at half time. 

2nd half was more like us and Hibs looked really nervous. Polworth's looked like a penalty from my view, even if it would have been a softee - interested to see it again. Other than that, our final ball and decision making in the box let us down. 

Still feel we're a goal-scorer away from being a good team..

Enjoyed my old school Easter Road experience today - it's a while since I stood at that end getting a soaking. Props to the stewards for keeping the swathes of empty (and dry) seats cordened off until half time to allow us to experience that again.

Edited by Swello

I thought the first half was pretty even up until Hat-trick Boy equalised, but from then on Hibs were by far the better team and I was fearing a pasting. Second half was a weird one, we had a lot of the ball in decent areas without really doing much. I wasn't really sure if Hibs were managing to keep us at an arm's length or if we were just unlucky that the ball never seemed to fall the right way in the box. 

I think it essentially boiled down to both teams enjoying a period of dominance and Hibs taking advantage of theirs more than us. Robinson falling into his old trap of going 2 in midfield and chucking all our strikers on was a bit daft, and contributed to Horgan clinching it.