Can this be Buffs' year to win the league?

33 minutes ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Tomorrow's result at Auchinleck, could define our league title ambitions, imo. Anything other than a defeat, will keep our hopes alive!  C'mon the Buffs!! 

Personally think all the pressure is on Talbot and this is a free shot for us! Talbot still need to win the majority of their games in hand to catch up!  

9 hours ago, ibenji said:

Personally think all the pressure is on Talbot and this is a free shot for us! Talbot still need to win the majority of their games in hand to catch up!  

Agreed. Buffs have nothing to lose today. It's a big game as it's always a big game against Talbot, but so were the last few games at Pollok, Kilbirnie and Largs.

Onwards and upwards COYB.

Edited by funky monkey

One league game doesn't define a season. On to Glencairn next week, I'm sure we'll get a positive reaction. Never a 6-1 game today. Not many teams will go to Beechwood and dominate for a half hour as Buffs did today. Onwards and upwards COYB 

20 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

One league game doesn't define a season. On to Glencairn next week, I'm sure we'll get a positive reaction. Never a 6-1 game today. Not many teams will go to Beechwood and dominate for a half hour as Buffs did today. Onwards and upwards COYB 

I dont know where you saw the 30 mins domination, yous were on top for 10 mins until yous equalised then we upped the gears and went on to win comfortably

18 minutes ago, geo 1909 said:

I dont know where you saw the 30 mins domination, yous were on top for 10 mins until yous equalised then we upped the gears and went on to win comfortably

Buffs were on top last 15 of the first half and first 15 of the second. Talbot didn't get on top until the 3rd goal went in, the second goal against the run of play. Talbot did win comfortably in the end, but the game was far from comfortable for you. 

Buffs have had a great season so far, beyond my expectations. We are still right in the mix, so let's get back on track next week.

On another note, Talbot as a club have achieved a lot that's to be respected, but I never enjoy going to Beechwood, it's not a very welcoming place unlike just about every other junior ground. Buffs arriving as league leaders seemed to bring out the worst in an element of the home support.

Buffs were on top last 15 of the first half and first 15 of the second. Talbot didn't get on top until the 3rd goal went in, the second goal against the run of play. Talbot did win comfortably in the end, but the game was far from comfortable for you. 

I think this is a fairly accurate description of the game. I don’t support either but went to see it. Buffs number 9 misses a sitter by ducking under the ball a few minutes before half time when about five yards out in the middle of the goal. A few minutes into the second half another sitter is missed by buffs.
Buffs score a free kick that Talbot keeper needs to have a word with himself about and make it one each when they should have been 2-1 up by that time.
Shankland then scores a goal that may or may not have been offside. I was directly behind the goal so can’t say for certain one way or the other. Glasgow comes on and Talbot are reinvigorated and dominate from there on in. The penalty was a penalty no question. Defender plays the man and then get a touch of the ball after Wilson has been felled. It’s a very harsh yellow though as he wasn’t far away from getting the ball first. Good game to watch.

13 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

All am reading is the buffs were on top for this n that bla bla it was 6-1 we hammerd yous in that second half and it could been more wee Glasgow ripped yous apart when he came on

Black and gold tinted glasses. The scoreline suggests a drubbing, but Buffs more than held their own for an hour and the game didn't get away from us until the third goal. I'm happy with much of the performance, not so happy with the final score where our heads dropped a bit. We'll pick ourselves up for next week and get on with it.

It was a pumping..
Get over it..
Still think the second goal was offside?

Black and gold tinted glasses. The scoreline suggests a drubbing, but Buffs more than held their own for an hour and the game didn't get away from us until the third goal. I'm happy with much of the performance, not so happy with the final score where our heads dropped a bit. We'll pick ourselves up for next week and get on with it.

16 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Agree you held your own for 60 minutes but games last 90 minutes and you got absolutely destroyed in that last half hour. It was a clear pumping.

Perhaps you put so much in to trying to live with Talbot for 60 minutes you just ran out of gas

Buffs last won the Super Premier League in season 2003/2004.Manager,Chris Strain has assembled a new, young team, with a few experienced "old heads", for this season, & their league form has surprised many. Buffs have been 'grinding out wins' in the league, & sit proudly at the top, at the moment. Can Buffs win the league this year? What's your opinion? 

Yesterdays result would certainly suggest it’s unlikely but you just never know with a lot of games still to be played but as everyone knows Talbot are tops at ‘grinding out wins’ so how long Buffs can sit proudly at the top is very uncertain

• 2 weeks later...