Can this be Buffs' year to win the league?

Buffs last won the Super Premier League in season 2003/2004.Manager,Chris Strain has assembled a new, young team, with a few experienced "old heads", for this season, & their league form has surprised many. Buffs have been 'grinding out wins' in the league, & sit proudly at the top, at the moment. Can Buffs win the league this year? What's your opinion? 

If you can keep up the effort that you showed on Saturday then you won’t be far away. I thought Bankies were due a point but can’t argue with Monti’s goal, worthy of winning any game. Good luck.
Totally agree there but theyll need 2 play like that every game 2 finish above talbot.

Mon the papers

On 18/11/2019 at 20:30, buffyboy1 said:

Next 3 games are massive for us kilbirnie medda then Talbot you get 6 7 points from them games it puts us in a really good position.the fight is there back at the buffs and the fans are getting behind what is being built just now.

For Kilwinning the next run of games feels like the position we were in at start of October. A run of games, Hurlford, Talbot, meadow and yourself over 5 weeks or so. Felt that would make or break our season, and we couldn’t manage our way through that run and only picked up a point at Meadow.

For yourself you have the games you mention, plus Hurlford and Glenafton before NY, as well as Glencairn.

Thats a run of fixtures against 5 top half teams and from what I have seen this season I don’t think there is a lot between most sides in this league, Talbot on their day being the standout side. If you get to New year still top of the league with a reasonable gap to Talbot bearing in mind their games to catch up, then you will be in a great position but still early on in the season and to be fair you have made a great start.

13 hours ago, Referee021 said:

Great times for Kilwinning. 

Could have gone backwards leaving Abbey Park for the hub, but have strived to make it a success and on the park they’re doing the business. 

For me, given the move to KSC, expectations at the start of the season were to stay in the league. Chris renewed the team with a lot of younger players who are easily outperforming those expectations. This season we are a team rather than a collection of individuals and play some good stuff. 

On 18/11/2019 at 18:39, fan of the juniors said:

Looking good especially after Talbots defeat on Saturday . But plenty more twists & turns .Hoping we can put a spanner in the works this weekend .

Another great 3 points for Buffs today, fotj! Ladeside threw everything at us 2nd half, but Buffs defended well, & as I said in my posting, 'ground out' the win. Just need to keep that spanner for another day! 😏

Edited by The Bluebells Are Blue

Thought the Buffs were well ahead in the first half although the goals were a wee bit fortunate, Monti the class act.

Another slow start from us, very frustrating as we never seem to dominate games early doors.

Very interesting getting and the Buffs have given themselves a right good chance.

As the for the much maligned Mr Strain, his touchline behaviour today was impeccable.

7 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Thought the Buffs were well ahead in the first half although the goals were a wee bit fortunate, Monti the class act.

Another slow start from us, very frustrating as we never seem to dominate games early doors.

Very interesting getting and the Buffs have given themselves a right good chance.

As the for the much maligned Mr Strain, his touchline behaviour today was impeccable.

A thought both teams were poor today..buffs held on  but could have made it 3 nil with Lewis hitting the post and in the end kilbirnie through everything at us the last 15 minutes buffs are grinding out results this year that in the past wouldn't have won or drew..keep the run going and adding points then it's upto the Talbot too catch us