Greenock Morton v Brora Rangers

vikingTON

No excuses that was God damn awful!
No idea what Hoppy is trying to achieve with the long ball down the channels to nobody. The football we're playing is not nice to watch.  
First half is as bad as I've ever seen Morton play. Why Nesbitt is not starting is a complete mystery to me.
The sad thing is I can't honestly saying we will win the reply.
Hoppy must be on the proverbial shoogly peg. 

#bringbackray

25 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tuesday 3rd December (7:45pm). Evidently both clubs preferred this to next Saturday. Fair trek midweek for away fans!

To be honest, I'm a Dundee United fan and was planning on going to Cappielow next Saturday. I wondered if the replay would take precedence over the league match. 

So do teams have the option of next Saturday or the following midweek do you know? 

36 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tuesday 3rd December (7:45pm). Evidently both clubs preferred this to next Saturday. Fair trek midweek for away fans!

It's a no brainer.

Might get a crowd (away)v Unt and a few Bob.

Most likely to get FA up north but a few bob for petrol.

Don't agree with most posters. Ton played better football but Borra deserved a replay. While they could easily have won it at the end.

Thank feck Cadden is back and Nesbitt must start. Billy King can go and Salkeld provides effort but doesn't seem able to control his piss.

Finally well done to the part time boys did not fall off the place at any time and in the first half had three up front.

20 minutes ago, Steven W said:

To be honest, I'm a Dundee United fan and was planning on going to Cappielow next Saturday. I wondered if the replay would take precedence over the league match. 

So do teams have the option of next Saturday or the following midweek do you know? 

Upto and including this round replays are the following weekend but both clubs can agree to midweek. Arbroath v Auchinleck is Wednesday coming.

It's unheard of in preliminaries and R1... rare-ish in R2... but common in R3. Out of the 16 ties there were 9 where the clubs had agreed to go midweek (some this week, some next week).

Starting from R4 - when Premiership clubs join - they must be midweek.

Out-run, out-fought by a clearly better organised Highland League outfit (just let that sink in), who at times looked happier passing the ball than we did... it would be unbelievable if it wasn’t already totally predictable.

Starting Salkeld in front of Nesbitt so we could hit long diagonals to him is straightforward sacking territory... when Nesbitt was on the left or, briefly, off McShug when Cadden came on, I thought we’d eventually win it; buggering that up by then sticking Sutton on was utterly fuckin depresssing to watch.

The Great Right-Back Saga continues, this time with Jacobs shunted out there for a total nightmare; guy looked like he wanted to stab somebody by the end... add in Strapp having one of his poorest games for us (that’s not having a go at him... he’s 19 and plays every week... it’ll happen) and you can see why their sensible strategy of congesting the central areas and pressing when it went wide worked perfectly.

Oh, and as every single Morton supporter knows by now, Millar and McAlister shouldn’t be starting together (see Jacobs, above).

Biggest concern, though, is that the Morton players looked so unbelievably unhappy; sick of their manager already? Worrying times.

McShug should have won it at the death, but that would have been a travesty. Brora fully deserved the replay (and could even have nicked the win).

B’Jesus, that was a game to remember for us and a great run home on the bus. I think we came to have a go I felt we were the better side in the first half. Morton were the better side in the second half but we fought for every ball and had a good handful of chances to have won it. Morton looked more comfortable when they were passing the ball in the second half rather than the long ball forward which didn’t really work for them. Hope a few manage up for the replay could be an interesting game.

On 18/11/2019 at 16:48, virginton said:

There's definite potential for an upset in this tie here - I'll take a draw for the massive away day up there regardless. 

Image result for it's happening

What's also happening is a total horsing and one of the most shameful results in the club's history in front of barely 150 folk if you're lucky. 

22 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

Concerning thing for Morton is they have been decidedly worse away from home this season.  Brora must fancy their chances of an upset.

We're not actually playing significantly better at home than away despite the opposite records though; results like yesterday (and the defeat to Ayr) point to the currently stark difference in our home away form reverting to a mean of mediocre pishness in the near future. 

Edited by vikingTON

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Let's be honest here, whoever wins this replay is going out the cup. Spend your cash on Christmas and new year instead lads.

Yes a shit draw.

PL team with a 1 div support, nae/very slim chance of a win and lucky if there's then Bob in it after St PL expenses reduction.

Come on the Borra.