Dumbarton v Forfar 23/11/19

By my reckoning this is the first time we have hosted the Loons at home in the Scottish Cup since January 1970.  That day a struggling visiting side won 2-1 to set up a home tie with the now-defunct Rangers of Glasgow - they lost that one 0-7.

Anyway, we need to show the same levels of commitment as last Saturday, and hope that McKee and Quitongo are fit to play.  As for the Loons, we should expect something of a new manager bounce which will make them dangerous opponents. 

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

59 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

By my reckoning this is the first time we have hosted the Loons at home in the Scottish Cup since January 1970.  That day a struggling visiting side won 2-1 to set up a home tie with the now-defunct Rangers of Glasgow - they lost that one 0-7.

Anyway, we need to show the same levels of commitment as last Saturday, and hope that McKee and Quitongo are fit to play.  As for the Loons, we should expect something of a new manager bounce which will make them dangerous opponents. 

We played them at home in a replay not so long ago, after a draw at Station Park. I think Brian McPhee scored a terrific equaliser in the first game. Might have been 2007?

We played them at home in a replay not so long ago, after a draw at Station Park. I think Brian McPhee scored a terrific equaliser in the first game. Might have been 2007?
Spot on. We won the replay 3-0 in front of 310 spectators. Forfar got through to face Rangers as Oki said but in 2007 we got to play Rangers too in the next round. The Berwick version[emoji16]

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
5 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

I honestly don't recall that tie, but I don't doubt that you are correct Lionel.

Don't blame you for casting this from your memory, as it turns out that this was during the dog days of the McCabe dynasty.

22 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

McPhee's industrial level cheating was off the scale in that match. 

14 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Well, this tie's really generating cup fever, innit? :rolleyes:

There should be some sort of seeding system that prevents teams from the same division being drawn against each other in the early rounds. I'm going tomorrow out of habit and boredom more than any enthusiasm or excitement for welcoming the Loons (no disrespect intended).

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

There should be some sort of seeding system that prevents teams from the same division being drawn against each other in the early rounds. I'm going tomorrow out of habit and boredom more than any enthusiasm or excitement for welcoming the Loons (no disrespect intended).

Isn't that why most fans go every week?

Guest bernardblack

The club have put on a free bus so should be a decent turnout from us.

Pressure is off really...wouldn’t expect to win the match but I can see us getting a draw and being in the hat for the next round!

I'm looking forward to it. No great expectations just hoping we are not as shit as last time. Free hit really.

The club have put on a free bus so should be a decent turnout from us.

Pressure is off really...wouldn’t expect to win the match but I can see us getting a draw and being in the hat for the next round!

8 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Isn't that why most fans go every week?

I can't speak for most fans but I'm sure people go for a number of reasons other than just pure habit. Tomorrow I'm likely heading along myself as others aren't bothering, I'm going purely because I have f**k all else to do. 

I've got absolutely hee haw on today and I'm still not sure if I can be arsed going to this.
I'm afraid you are very much in a minority on that BBPF. The town is buzzing - this morning in Argos I overheard two teenage girls discussing Rico's (quote) injury situation, then a guy at the bottle bank told me that when the draw was made his cousin rescheduled his wedding.

5 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
I've got absolutely hee haw on today and I'm still not sure if I can be arsed going to this.

I'm afraid you are very much in a minority on that BBPF. The town is buzzing - this morning in Argos I overheard two teenage girls discussing Rico's (quote) injury situation, then a guy at the bottle bank told me that when the draw was made his cousin rescheduled his wedding.

Wait- Dumbarton has an Argos now?