Things I love to see:

1. Sam Foley actually shoot instead of pass the ball when in a decent shooting position. 

2. Teams who waste as much time as possible then scramble about in a rush for the last few minutes when they go behind. 

Fully deserved win I thought and Foley’s goal was a peach. 

1 hour ago, fraser_smfc said:

1 hour ago, fraser_smfc said:

Incidentally I was quite surprised at the relative strength of the County bench: Foster, Erwin, Spittal, Paton, Watson...are these guys getting a look in normally or is there a good reason they're not starting?

There's a good argument to say that Foster, Watson, Spittal and Paton should be starting or getting minutes on the field, Erwin's still getting up to speed and a sub at best atm imo. 

2 hours ago, Lex said:

FT 2-1

Woof, needed that. Pay back for the same score line reversed in Dingwall earlier in the season, late winner then too.

We were much the better team second half but seemed to run out of steam in the minutes before the goal, looked like it was going to fade out for a draw.

Then Durmus hold up, lay off, screamer into the top corner from Sam Foley. Ball game.

Those 2 and Sean McLoughlin were our 3 best players today. Sean had a superb goal line clearance shortly before the winner.

3 summer signings from Goodwin all superb. And Obika got man of the match...

Delighted to be up to 10th again, would certainly take that come May. It’s going to be some battle down the bottom and us and County are both going to be right in about it. Bring it on!

Yeah I thought Ross County looked more athletic and mobile in the early stages with St Mirren being caught on the counter frequently and regularly but like you say by the second half it looked like St Mirren were more in control with just one period of panic in the back line in the second half which included the goal line clearance. 

A good result though, and for the second game in a row reasonable entertainment too. Bring on the Hibs

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Opinion probably not needed or wanted, but I think County have slightly better players, but St Mirren have a much better manager.

County had Brian Graham playing on the left at some points. St Mirren are just a simple side who know exactly what they want to do, from the times I've seen you I've no idea how you ot humped at Tynecastle to this Hearts side. 

All I can do is compare you to us, and both look more dangerous in attack, and less likely to hand an opponent a goal, so neither of you should be overly worried about bottom spot. County more likely unless the managers click on something/they change management. I've been fairly consistent in saying St Mirren look too solid to go down. 

My biggest surprise about this post isn't the drivel that was spouted,  it is the fact that 3 Saints fans liked it.

There isn't one Country player I'd take for our squad let alone our starting eleven. 

My biggest surprise about this post isn't the drivel that was spouted,  it is the fact that 3 Saints fans liked it.
There isn't one Country player I'd take for our squad let alone our starting eleven. 
Graham and Stewart have got 4 goals each whereas Obika and Mullen have got 2 each. I don't think it's a stretch to say that they would improve us. I like Henderson too.

Their defence is rotten though and I don't fancy either of their keepers.

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Graham and Stewart have got 4 goals each whereas Obika and Mullen have got 2 each. I don't think it's a stretch to say that they would improve us. I like Henderson too.

So you would rather have the 2 County forwards than ours ? Not for me , definitely not Obika anyway.

There is nothing better in football than a last min rasping winner. Second half performance warranted the 3 points. 

What the actual f**k is the script with Brian Graham who has no previous with our fans. He’s a fucking melt so get it right up him for all the nonsense after he opened the scoring.

Stewart was rank rotten today. Tho tbf left wing probably isn't his best position...

9 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

There is nothing better in football than a last min rasping winner. Second half performance warranted the 3 points. 

What the actual f**k is the script with Brian Graham who has no previous with our fans. He’s a fucking melt so get it right up him for all the nonsense after he opened the scoring.

I did wonder if Graham has always been a fanny of if it was a recent change for him. 

11 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Stewart was rank rotten today. Tho tbf left wing probably isn't his best position...

Why  didn't they play Stewart alongside Graham up front?

I thought McLoughlin and MacKenzie were  a tad suspect at times today.

Stewart would have been more effective through the middle.

Thankfully he didn't contribute too  much that bothered us today.

Foley's goal was a thing of beauty.😍

Edited by FTOF

It has obviously meant more to him than any of us. It was just his celebration it was his general being a bit of a dick all game that seemed very strange. 

We need more of away players celebrating infront of the home fans tbf.

It’s what makes the game. The last thing we need is a polite shake of the hand and stroll back to the centre spot.

As I’ve said before I’d be in favour of a law that books away players for not celebrating a goal directly infront of the home fans. If any of the home fans canny take it then they need to find a new hobby on a Saturday afternoon.

Makes it taste even better when you get a last minute winner [emoji4]

We need more of away players celebrating infront of the home fans tbf.

It’s what makes the game. The last thing we need is a polite shake of the hand and stroll back to the centre spot.

As I’ve said before I’d be in favour of a law that books away players for not celebrating a goal directly infront of the home fans. If any of the home fans canny take it then they need to find a new hobby on a Saturday afternoon.

Makes it taste even better when you get a last minute winner [emoji4]
I kind of agree with you here. I remember Hartley celebrating in front of the North Bank more than once. He was a bit of a pantomime villain and took pelters from our fans so I always thought fair enough.

Graham is a bit of a nonentity though, seemed like he was trying too hard.

Forgive my spelling error above, too much Malbec! 

He was a bit of a fanny all game, feigning injury, his petulant kick that got him booked, constant whining from the start. I can’t remember much positive that he did except score a sitter. 

I did think he was an ok top league player, now I think he is a dick.