Is there history with St Mirren and Brian Graham? Seemed odd that he sprinted to celebrate in front of the west stand. He's not a player I really have an opinion on.

Quite enjoyed that actually. Think it was in response to the shouts Ross Stewart had been getting from that part of the stand for the whole game.

Good darts.

I've somehow ended up watching this game. Both teams look vaguely dangerous in attack, but it seems to be due to both teams shitting it when forced to defend.

Defensive error decides this, IMO.

I've somehow ended up watching this game. Both teams look vaguely dangerous in attack, but it seems to be due to both teams shitting it when forced to defend.
Defensive error decides this, IMO.
That could be true for about eight teams this season every week.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

That could be true for about eight teams this season every week.

Definitely, fwiw you both look far more solid than we do.

FT 2-1

Woof, needed that. Pay back for the same score line reversed in Dingwall earlier in the season, late winner then too.

We were much the better team second half but seemed to run out of steam in the minutes before the goal, looked like it was going to fade out for a draw.

Then Durmus hold up, lay off, screamer into the top corner from Sam Foley. Ball game.

Those 2 and Sean McLoughlin were our 3 best players today. Sean had a superb goal line clearance shortly before the winner.

3 summer signings from Goodwin all superb. And Obika got man of the match...

Delighted to be up to 10th again, would certainly take that come May. It’s going to be some battle down the bottom and us and County are both going to be right in about it. Bring it on!

A deserved win for St.Mirren today, the better side for me but County were always dangerous. An outstanding finish to win it at the end. A bit of De ja vu with the first meeting. I know how the county fans will feel for the long drive home

Strange second half. 

For first 30 mins of the second half completely one sided. 

Then a flurry of subs and County came in to the game. And as the ball sailed over Hladky I thought ‘sucker punch’, but no. Great goal like clearance, then a fabulous winner!

Ross County lucky to end up with 11 on the park. Don’t remember them being so dirty and cynical. 

Opinion probably not needed or wanted, but I think County have slightly better players, but St Mirren have a much better manager.

County had Brian Graham playing on the left at some points. St Mirren are just a simple side who know exactly what they want to do, from the times I've seen you I've no idea how you ot humped at Tynecastle to this Hearts side. 

All I can do is compare you to us, and both look more dangerous in attack, and less likely to hand an opponent a goal, so neither of you should be overly worried about bottom spot. County more likely unless the managers click on something/they change management. I've been fairly consistent in saying St Mirren look too solid to go down. 

Thought that wasn't going to happen for us but it was well deserved. County were fortunate not to be down to 10 men and I thought we had a good penalty shout as well when Mackenzie had his jersey pulled.

I enjoyed County having to retake that goal kick in stoppage time. Poetic justice after the constant time wasting.

We deserved that in the end. Flynn and MacKenzie were both fantastic in the second half. Excellent strike from Foley, hope that gives him more confidence to shoot instead of squaring it in good positions. Obika came on to a game too and drew loads of fouls.

Andreu set up the winner and definitely made an impact. Hopefully him and Obika will start against Hibs.

No idea how County didn’t score from that shambles in our box just before the winner. I also loved Baxter accidentally wasting time at the end with that dodgy goal kick. [emoji2]

Another stinking performance by our defence by all accounts. The managers continued loyalty to Fontaine is bizarre.

We have 3 home games in a row coming up. Unfortunately they are against Celtic, Hibs and Killie who are all in decent form,so that could easily end up being 0 points.

The right result, particular on the 2nd half performance. Absolutely huge for us. 

With 5 points between bottom and 6th, these are the games you need to win. At least a point against Hibs on Tuesday and it will be a great return from 2 home games. 

28 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Thought that wasn't going to happen for us but it was well deserved. County were fortunate not to be down to 10 men and I thought we had a good penalty shout as well when Mackenzie had his jersey pulled.

I enjoyed County having to retake that goal kick in stoppage time. Poetic justice after the constant time wasting.

Will be interesting to see it again on Alba. 

One of those where it just looked so obvious that the ref probably thought “nah, I didn’t see that”. 

A Bishop Brennan incident. 

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Is there history with St Mirren and Brian Graham? Seemed odd that he sprinted to celebrate in front of the west stand. He's not a player I really have an opinion on.

I thought that was odd too, maybe he was responding to our bitterness that we're the only full time side he's never played for?

As if it needed to be said, that's a huge 3 points. I'd put it in the "must win" category before kickoff given how poor our away form has been. We should really be looking to beat every bottom 6 side (Hibs perhaps excluded for now) at home. We were poor in the first half, most balls to Obika returned nothing and our overall play was laboured. County looked threatening on the break, took their goal well and thought we were undeservedly level at the break. No idea what happened at the goal as I thought the referee had awarded a penalty before the ball hit the net. Clearly not!

Second half we were far better. We kept creating opportunities and Durmus should have scored before he was taken off. Bar one short spell, Saints were well on top and deserved the win. That wee bit of skill from Kyle Mc and the incredible finish from Foley being the difference. Given how much better we were in the second half, I thought we just edged it although County can count themselves unlucky. 

Incidentally I was quite surprised at the relative strength of the County bench: Foster, Erwin, Spittal, Paton, Watson...are these guys getting a look in normally or is there a good reason they're not starting?