St Johnstone vs Aberdeen

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just sort of desperately hoping the more the players play together, the better itll get, tbh.

That's not going to work with the standard of defenders we have this season. Duffy could play a thousand more games and still be worse than Tam fucking Scobbie.

Some endorsement that.

Hard few weeks coming up for Saints before a better run of games at Xmas. Target for me is 19 points after 19 games, then hopefully strengthen in the window.

Not expecting much at all from the next four fixtures. Don't have any real faith in the current defence but imagine it will evaporate altogether if we lose an early goal today.

Don't give us a chance at all today, a heavy defeat with any goal being a consolation. 

Just fast forward a month and hope we are in a reasonable shape to take on St Mirren, Accies and County. 

In terms of the team, a change of keeper and having someone able to get close to the striker, who will presumably be May.

Please prove me wrong Saints. 

Edited by Radford

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

Don't give us a chance at all today, a heavy defeat with any goal being a consolation. 

Spoiler

Hope I have is Aberdeen have a bad day. McGinn can be a bit patchy, Hedges I've mo idea about but I'll convince myself hes the same, McLennan is inconsistent. Main can have poor games. All that could mean Cosgrove gets no service and, unlike Rooney, I'm not sure he can create chances for himself.

All we would have to do is work hard out wide and stop crosses and we might be able to restrict Aberdeen. Going forward is obviously hard there, but you just keep plugging away and try and snatch a set piece goal or something on the counter. 1-0 disgusting win is fine.

All that plotting does feel pointless though, when we're liable to just collapse the first time the ball is near the box. Can fully envisage Aberdeen passing it around the edge of the box while our defence chasing the ball like a pack of dogs, before it finally gets to the spare man who simply knocks it home.

Put my desperate, bleating, thoughts in a spoiler so nobodies forced to read it. 

Tl;dr is "hope Aberdeen are really really shite today".

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

23/20 on my Ladbrokes app on Aberdeen.

Phree money surely?

You're getting Aberdeen (-2) for 10/1 on Paddy Power, which seems an absolute certainty. 

This match has the potential to be fairly harrowing from a Saints point of view. The conceding of early goals has dug away at the confidence of the team. If it happens again then there's every chance Aberdeen stroll on to a 3 or 4 goal win.

Have to hope we show the heart and fight we did against Accies and Hearts, and keep things tight at the back. Although Aberdeen are a stuffy team to break down, i still feel if we can avoid conceding, we can create ourself a couple of chances at the other end as long as we're in the game and confidence hasn't evaporated.

Tough match, and it's pretty disheartening to be going into it with the worry and lack of belief that Radford and Random Guy accurately describe. That's just where we're at this season. 

A point would be good, three would be our result of the season.

12 minutes ago, big al said:

Definitely not a certainty 

We've conceded two goals against St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton and then four against Hibs, in our last 4 games.

You've scored 3 goals in 3 of your last 4 matches.

On paper, this should be a hiding.

Edited by RandomGuy.

C’mon folks, we’ve been here before. Never see the Dandies as easy money.

Hard one to call today. I fully expect May to score, but also expect big Sam to score. It’s weird how I’ve got to the point where I always now expect Sam to score. What a year he’s had.

Anyway, can’t make it today, so could everyone give Consi a massive cheer for me please?

COYR

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've conceded two goals against St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton and then four against Hibs, in our last 4 games.

You've scored 3 goals in 3 of your last 4 matches.

On paper, this should be a hiding.

Not arguing with the point you're making, but the Hearts clean sheet was in amongst that.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Not arguing with the point you're making, but the Hearts clean sheet was in amongst that.

Me and you could've kept a clean sheet against them that night.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Really don’t like all this doom and gloom stuff from the Saintees on here. Heavy reverse psychology at play here.

We've just been beaten down by how fucking awful we've been, and I think the manager and players are the same. We can be fine, sometimes better, than opposition teams, and then we concede and that's it. 

McInnes is a fanny if he doesnt have you piling pressure onto us in the first 15 minutes.