Great moves that have been shitified through overuse

cb_diamond

Superkicks I don't mind because a kick was never realistic to me as a finisher anyways given the stuff that can't finish matches.

Definitely Destroyers. Good shout on DDTs too, but I think they're being used more sparingly now, to the point where you could probably have it as a finisher again.

Superkicks I don't mind because a kick was never realistic to me as a finisher anyways given the stuff that can't finish matches.
Definitely Destroyers. Good shout on DDTs too, but I think they're being used more sparingly now, to the point where you could probably have it as a finisher again.
Aye taking a full blown kick to the head isn't realistic to finish knock a human being out, fair point :/

1 minute ago, Vimto90 said:
1 hour ago, Andrew Wells said:

Aye taking a full blown kick to the head isn't realistic to finish knock a human being out, fair point 😕

Naw sure you've noticed, but it's not real life. Kicks to the head have been in abundance from the beginning in wrestling.

Naw sure you've noticed, but it's not real life. Kicks to the head have been in abundance from the beginning in wrestling.
A super kick isn't a standard kick to the head. Anyhow what a daft convo.

It is overused whether it is a good finish or not. Seems every match you hear that "noise" a super kick makes.

Slightly off topic but it is still relevant. I'd also like to see the practice of actually protecting finishers return. I get on the BIG matches, pulling out the false finishes for the finishing moves but I watched Lio Rush vs Angel Garza the other day and both have rather impressive looking finishers (I presume both are their finishers, Garzas was the wing clipper and Rush's almost like a springboard stunner) and both got kicked out of. It makes both finishers look weak as piss if neither move can put a man away in what was essentially a regular televised match. 

Edited by djchapsticks