Raith Rovers v Peterhead - Scottish Cup

Scary Bear

Yea I agree with that. Whatever, we're forced into changes with Davo and Spencer out for Tuesday, but we definitely need to change it anyway.
The defence actually deserve a bit of credit for today. Bar the first couple of minutes they limited any shots Peterhead had to long range efforts and munro didn't have a hugely significant save to make.

40 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Dingwall and Davo were mince. Davo is out, and I'd drop Dingwall back to the bench. It's not a Tait love in, its just that we need to do something  he'll bring some energy and enthusiasm to that turgid stuff we saw today. Alan too was shite.

PS I'd even have Grant in a forward midfield role from the start.

Having been accused of being blackmailed by Tait in exchange for mentions recently, I just find mirth in his mention.

I agree that Watson is the natural right wingback, but if he has a dodgy knee, he’s not a strong choice for the role. We’re looking at a bare cupboard, so we know McKay can fill the role....the only other question would be can Watson fill in at RCB in a three back, or do we play SAndo and Bene in the middle, McKay and MacDonald to the outside, and then four mids of some sort?

I with four back, I guess we could play Matthews, GAndo and Armstrong with Tait and Victoria advanced and Baird or Gullan on the point? But probably better to keep Joao for a mid second half sub and play two forward together.

Also, when do we roll out Thomson?

To tell you the truth I've hardly seen Tait. I'm just of the opinion that he couldnt do much worse than what we saw today, so I think it's fair to give him a chance. I think the defence only just managed to hold out today, with a doze of luck but I'd keep them as was - I dont see Forfar being as adventurous as Peterhead.  The forward line should be fine too, if we can get a more mobile midfield. I saw Joao warming up so he looks like he might be in contention for the bench at least. 

That was absolutely fucking awful. Can't believe we are in the hat, but we are. 

Davidson in midfield didn't work 12 years ago, and it won't work now. 

Some finish from young Bowie. He is absolutely miles ahead of Lewis Allan. 

That was absolutely fucking awful. Can't believe we are in the hat, but we are. 
Davidson in midfield didn't work 12 years ago, and it won't work now. 
Some finish from young Bowie. He is absolutely miles ahead of Lewis Allan. 
My nan is better than Allan etc

3 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

Highlights will be up at midnight. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Very sorry but just been informed that we are not allowed to show a package greater than 5 minutes for Scottish Cup games so we will have to re-edit this and put something up tomorrow when the rules allow.

Edited by Roath Raver

1 minute ago, Roath Raver said:

Very sorry but just been informed that we are not allowed to show a package greater than 5 minutes for Scottish Cup games so we will have to re-edit this and put something up in the morning

As ever, the media teams for SPFL clubs are given a ridiculous number of hoops to jump through while clubs in England/Germany will get theirs up an hour or so after the game. Our governing body make it ridiculously hard for you guys. The graft is always appreciated from yourselves! 

1 minute ago, Roath Raver said:

Very sorry but just been informed that we are not allowed to show a package greater than 5 minutes for Scottish Cup games so we will have to re-edit this and put something up in the morning

How long does it take to show Ziggy's goal?

The rest is a mere inconvenience.

Surprised you managed to find more than 5 minutes of highlights in the first place, so what a job you guys do!

also... we have to wait until after the domestic highlights programme has went up, which is tomorrow night. Like I say, apologies, assumed the rules were the same as the league when I said they'd be up at midnight. If it's any consolation, Kieron's goal looks very nice from 3 different camera angles so be sure to check it out!

Edited by Roath Raver

Only 3 positives to take from that dross yesterday.

1. We are (some how, incredibly) in the next round.

2. Great finish from the ever improving Bowie (there’s another £25k on his price tag).

3. A clean sheet with some players putting bodies on the line to make blocks.

i have little sympathy for the Bloo toners, yes the better team lost but we’ve been there more times than I’d care to count. The ref was an absolute joke although he maybe did let us off the hook with the penalty decisions, even then though we have had our own share of non awards too. 

Munro dealt with anything they threw at him, only Spencer’s header off the line (his only plus point) and  Conroys free kick had him beaten boy the woodwork came to the rescue there.

McKay played well as did MacDonald and Bene, S Anderson did not have a great game. I actually thought Davo had an excellent game, yes his legs don’t allow him to be a box to box midfielder but I thought he read the game well made some great interceptions and his distribution was better that anyone else in a blue shirt, unlucky with that pile driver he hit from the edge of the box, I was right inline and it would have been a beauty.

Other than 10 first half minutes Armstrong was disappointing but not as much as Spencer who had an awful game. Matthews did ok and Baird had a good game with little help from around him. Great headed finish from Ziggy who was our best player in the 1st half. 

I thought Allan, Anderson and Dingwall were all ok but like the rest this was generally a very poor display from the Rovers. That’s twice that Peterhead have got right in our faces and stopped us on the 18 yard line, McGlynn and Smudger need to work on a counter plan to teams that do that. Playing it out from the back is fine if you are allowed space to do so, if not we are simply putting ourselves under pressure.