Raith Rovers v Peterhead - Scottish Cup

Scary Bear

That was purgatory today. How we're through to the next round I have no idea. That first 30 minutes Peterhead absolutely destroyed us and even after they ran out of steam they still had comfortably the better of things.
Taking Baird off was a mental decision unless he was carrying a knock of some kind.

That was genuinely dreadful. I can’t believe we won, we certainly didn’t deserve to.

But we did. We’ve failed to win games we probably should’ve won this season so nice to see the reverse. Learn the lessons and move on.

43 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
58 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
Only two real positives from that today we're through to next round and managed to win by playing so badly. Peterhead definitely deserved more from the game by far the better team and the less said about Lewis Allan the better that performance was embarrassing.

Lewis Allan, just back from lengthy injury layoff and didnt play a full game? That Lewis Allan? What were you expecting?

Were you actually watching that? It was an absolute joke.

We need to drop some of these jobbers for Tuesday and take a gamble with youth. Thankfully Davo's banned, he was shite today.

Gamble with youth? You do know we don’t have a youth team right? The only youth we have who didn’t start today was Dylan Tait and he will be a certain to play on Tuesday due to injury and suspensions I’d imagine.

That was purgatory today. How we're through to the next round I have no idea. That first 30 minutes Peterhead absolutely destroyed us and even after they ran out of steam they still had comfortably the better of things.
Taking Baird off was a mental decision unless he was carrying a knock of some kind.

I thought putting him and Allan up front together was a poor decision and a waste of a substitution. He didn’t look happy when he came off.

2 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Gamble with youth? You do know we don’t have a youth team right? The only youth we have who didn’t start today was Dylan Tait and he will be a certain to play on Tuesday due to injury and suspensions I’d imagine.

yes he'll do

Smith, Watson, tait, probably forgetting someone. Wouldn't be going down that route for a league game though! Would rather we had done that today.

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:
43 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Smith, Watson, tait, probably forgetting someone. Wouldn't be going down that route for a league game though! Would rather we had done that today.

Yes you wouldnt normally but we're short and its hard to see it being worse than that midfield ineptitude today.

I’m still on 9 games for the season. Like the team, I looked out the window and just could not be bothered. I look forward to glory-hunting the f**k out the next round. Sevco away would be apt, given we won the cup at Ibrox 25 years ago. Failing that, i’ll take Aberdeen at home. 

It’ll be Bonyrigg Rose won’t it? 

Yes you wouldnt normally but we're short and its hard to see it being worse than that midfield ineptitude today.
That's what happens when you play a past it cb (who was never a cb in the first place) at cm. I actually thought davo was better second half in fairness to him. Tait and Matthews would do a job against Forfar midweek I'd like to think.

Hummmmm....you lot seem to be having a love-in for young Tait here....

Well, the post-game explains Watson’s absence. With Davo and Miller out, how do we line up? MacDonald and McKay wide, with Watson, SAndo and Bene inside? Or Watson outside and McKay inside. And if Watson can’t go, what then?

In the middle will depend on if we have 4 backs or 3 backs and 2 wingbacks.

Options will be interesting.

Hummmmm....you lot seem to be having a love-in for young Tait here....
Well, the post-game explains Watson’s absence. With Davo and Miller out, how do we line up? MacDonald and McKay wide, with Watson, SAndo and Bene inside? Or Watson outside and McKay inside. And if Watson can’t go, what then?
In the middle will depend on if we have 4 backs or 3 backs and 2 wingbacks.
Options will be interesting.
Watson isn't trusted at rb, his natural position ahead of mckay who is a cb. I'm fairly certain it would be the end of the universe if mckay played rb while Watson was at cb tbh (to be honest).

Dingwall and Davo were mince. Davo is out, and I'd drop Dingwall back to the bench. It's not a Tait love in, its just that we need to do something  he'll bring some energy and enthusiasm to that turgid stuff we saw today. Alan too was shite.

PS I'd even have Grant in a forward midfield role from the start.

Edited by Raith_Raver

Dingwall and Davo were mince. Davo is out, and I'd drop Dingwall back to the bench. It's not a Tait love in, its just that we need to do something  he'll bring some energy and enthusiasm to that turgid stuff we saw today. Alan too was shite.
Im not a fan of Allan in the slightest but it's evident he's not fit. Should have brought ando on at ht and kept baird on. Doesn't even need to be considered a tait love in to realise he's the only other cm we actually have available for Tuesday. Plus he's looked good enough when given a chance.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
3 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Im not a fan of Allan in the slightest but it's evident he's not fit. Should have brought ando on at ht and kept baird on. Doesn't even need to be considered a tait love in to realise he's the only other cm we actually have available for Tuesday. Plus he's looked good enough when given a chance.

Yea I agree with that. Whatever, we're forced into changes with Davo and Spencer out for Tuesday, but we definitely need to change it anyway.