Raith Rovers v Peterhead - Scottish Cup

Scary Bear

It’s at home, so Rovers must have a decent chance of progressing. If it was away, it would likely be a different story.

What’s happened to Rory McAllister of late? I haven’t noticed him doing much, but I see he was playing against Montrose yesterday. Who are Peterhead’s other star-turns?

The games at Stark’s Park have been a bit one-sided to date this season. We’ll be hoping that continues.

Edited by Scary Bear

Rory got a couple goals the other week but that was the first for a while, he missed both games at Starks which I think led to them being quite one sided, both games we had nobody up front to win/hold the ball so it kept coming back at us the whole game. Don't know if Si Ferry will be chanced on the plastic but on his game he can make a difference in the middle. Would certainly like  to see us compete more like we did at Balmoor a couple weeks back but will wait & see.

25 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I think the hospitality is good value but its a shite seat in front of pillars in the old stand.

I usually sit in the Main Stand and the view is fine. Just need to position yourself so the pillars aren’t blocking anything important like a goal.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

I usually sit in the Main Stand and the view is fine. Just need to position yourself so the pillars aren’t blocking anything important like a goal.

Yes. there's a good spot towards the North Stand end, but the trouble with the Hospitality seat is that its allocated (AFAIK).

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

Yes. there's a good spot towards the North Stand end, but the trouble with the Hospitality seat is that its allocated (AFAIK).

I thought they just sat in the back row of the directors box? I’ve only been to hospitality a couple of times and that was a few years ago. I don’t recall the view being that bad.

Should be a banker home win based on the last match at Starks Park which was embarrassingly one sided. The game at Balmoor was much more even so hopefully this game will be similar and not another drubbing for us. If Rory plays and we can get the ball to him we stand a chance of getting a result. If we are below par Raith will be in the next round.

Avoid the replay at all costs here. A Tuesday night at Balmoor before an Airdrie/Falkirk double header is the very last thing we need.

Reckon we might well unchanged from the Elgin win. Doesn’t sound like anyone will be coming back in.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Avoid the replay at all costs here. A Tuesday night at Balmoor before an Airdrie/Falkirk double header is the very last thing we need.

Reckon we might well unchanged from the Elgin win. Doesn’t sound like anyone will be coming back in.

A midweeker up there doesn't bear thinking about.

Yes I'd settle for an unchanged side and a similar outcome wouldn't go amiss either.

It's a rotten draw for both teams.  'm fed up of drawing familiar teams in the Cup. Would like a non-league team at Stark's. Both to give us a great chance of progression but also to relieve tedium. We wll now play Peterhead at least 6 times this season.