Frodo17

ShireShug1890

Well travelled to watch Glasgow Perthshire take on Shettleston after club being advised in a late am call that match was definitely on and surface was fine.On our arrival we are told that match was OFF due to unplayable surface which as i mentioned was deemed by Shettleston to be fine.Referee spent best part of five seconds before saying NO CHANCE!!! It would seem at NO point was this match ever going to take place especially when you consider home players still arriving after 13:00 for a 13:45 ko...Is this really the preparation for a match DEFINITELY ON of a team sitting top of league???Kinda makes you think NO....To make matters worse their manager decided not to speak to anyone associated with the visiting side instead sending a minion to take any flak from the fall out which is inevitable considering their negligence...The SJFA really need to step in and ask why NO inspection was requested,confirmed by the referee when one of Shettleston officials suggested it had been.This is a club who revel in making things awkward at best...This match was initially to take place at the seasons start but upon their request Glasgow Perthshire agreed to swith the fixtures....Before match conversations were helad as per normal and they were told of our kit BLACK/WHITE only for them to show up with a clash of kits.Purely an effort to cause unrest.So the thanks you get for agreeing to help another club with ground issues is at very least is to be treated with absolutely NO respect.My image of Shettleston is not one i would wish to have but sadly a  club with no integrity.Thanks kindly for a wasted afternoon.

Edited by Frodo17

Well travelled to watch Glasgow Perthshire take on Shettleston after club being advised in a late am call that match was definitely on and surface was fine.On our arrival we are told that match was OFF due to unplayable surface which as i mentioned was deemed by Shettleston to be fine.Referee spent best part of five seconds before saying NO CHANCE!!! It would seem at NO point was this match ever going to take place especially when you consider home players still arriving after 13:00 for a 13:45 ko...Is this really the preparation for a match DEFINITELY ON of a team sitting top of league???Kinda makes you think NO....To make matters worse their manager decided not to speak to anyone associated with the visiting side instead sending a minion to take any flak from the fall out which is inevitable considering their negligence...The SJFA really need to step in and ask why NO inspection was requested,confirmed by the referee when one of Shettleston officials suggested it had been.This is a club who revel in making things awkward at best...This match was initially to take place at the seasons start but upon their request Glasgow Perthshire agreed to swith the fixtures....Before match conversations were helad as per normal and they were told of our kit BLACK/WHITE only for them to show up with a clash of kits.Purely an effort to cause unrest.So the thanks you get for agreeing to help another club with ground issues is at very least is to be treated with absolutely NO respect.My image of Shettleston is not one i would wish to have but sadly a  club with no integrity.Thanks kindly for a wasted afternoon.
They done the exact same at kello turned up with a kit clash even though it was clearly stated that kello would be in white with black stripes, kello changed and shettlston players sniggering about kello need to change, then ref complained that the shettlston keeper was now clashing with kellos away kit, so kello had to the give them a keepers kit, which they then never wore, kello got the last laugh though as it worked against shettlston, as we hadn't won in the white n black, so on with the orange kit and won 3-1

Cant comment about yesterday as I didnt arrive until 1pm....shortly after the Shettleston Manager who had just arrived before me ,so your comment about him not wanting to speak is way off.....

On the first meeting the referee was contacted as he is always a day or two before the match,like any other visit to keppoch we always play in all white,as our away kit is all black...

the referee agreed again all white.

but my understanding is your new kit has an all white back with the number and this was a concern for the ref on matchday....simple mistake ,but by who

and as for kello the keeper opted to play in red training top as the kit you supplied,a good gesture I may add ....was like a nightgown on him 

18 hours ago, Town Crier said:

Cant comment about yesterday as I didnt arrive until 1pm....shortly after the Shettleston Manager who had just arrived before me ,so your comment about him not wanting to speak is way off.....

On the first meeting the referee was contacted as he is always a day or two before the match,like any other visit to keppoch we always play in all white,as our away kit is all black...

the referee agreed again all white.

but my understanding is your new kit has an all white back with the number and this was a concern for the ref on matchday....simple mistake ,but by who

and as for kello the keeper opted to play in red training top as the kit you supplied,a good gesture I may add ....was like a nightgown on him 

So its common practice for a manager to arrive at 13:00 for a 13:45 ko?????

That just adds to the point i was making...If,as you say he turned up late would seem he had a good idea of what was going on as

cant see a team at the top being that shabby.As for being way off we were still there @13:20 and at no point did he attempt to talk to

a Shire official which would be at least courtesy.The ref took no time to call off match so how your groundsman,who assured late am

game definitely on via a call from Shire official.....Kidology at best and disrespect at worst!!!