Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

Off topic but I'm too young for the Moon landing 

I do remember staying up late to see a live Sky at Night broadcast pictures of Halley's Comet from the Giotto probe 

You got a fuzzy picture of something and then they lost the signal. 

10 hours ago, Antlion said:

He was on his way to Meghan when that final living cell gave in.

58A73A2F-C536-4E3E-B573-2792DB74CC99.jpeg

Anybody else finding it impossible to see that picture without hearing the following as a background track in their head?

Also...

Screenshot_20220130-073239.png.cac219cffd39fa1143744d8692bc2067.png

limmy-limmys-show.gif.9b1deaa98f3ee81c3b8d27157fafe2b1.gif

philip-angry.jpg.4639b19f9281df49000209ff3de24417.jpg

ClutteredValuableBobolink-max-1mb.gif.4f172307faf4f285493b93256d92653b.gif

292544772_28CA197800000578-3085678-image-a-57_14319057391072.jpg.3747753fe0906e0dccf5162adbbae4ab.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

18 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Was the first man on the moon not in the middle of the night our time, and also during the summer holidays?

Aye your right. Definitely got herded into hall for launch of QE2 and TV picture was abysmal. Moon landing picture was equally abysmal. 

This is one of several Mandela moments in my life. I'm 100% positive I watched Neil Armstrong step onto the moon, live on the school telly. But yes, it was in the middle of the night and during the holidays.
Memory's a strange thing, I remember that, too, being completely convinced it was Apollo 11 and Neil Armstrong. But I also remember my old man wouldn't let me stay up to watch it (it was the school holidays and in the middle of the night as you say).

As someone else said, it was probably Apollo 12 we got to see live at school.

"The New York judge overseeing Virginia Giuffre’s sexual abuse case against Britain’s Prince Andrew has officially requested assistance from British and Australian legal authorities in obtaining testimony from potential witnesses outside the US.

Judge Lewis Kaplan’s formal request stems from petitions filed several weeks ago by both Giuffre and the Duke of York’s legal teams. Giuffre on 14 January requested that Kaplan ask British authorities for help in obtaining testimony from Andrew’s former equerry, Robert Olney."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/31/prince-andrew-case-british-australian-authorities-called-witness-testimony

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

"The New York judge overseeing Virginia Giuffre’s sexual abuse case against Britain’s Prince Andrew has officially requested assistance from British and Australian legal authorities in obtaining testimony from potential witnesses outside the US.

Judge Lewis Kaplan’s formal request stems from petitions filed several weeks ago by both Giuffre and the Duke of York’s legal teams. Giuffre on 14 January requested that Kaplan ask British authorities for help in obtaining testimony from Andrew’s former equerry, Robert Olney."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/31/prince-andrew-case-british-australian-authorities-called-witness-testimony

I for one am sure the British 'authorities' will bend over backwards to ensure justice is done in this case.