Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

4 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

The plan was no doubt for the BBC to appear to be asking tough questions and for him to come across as convincing in response. It laughably backfired.

Prince Philip to be announced as Andrew's new personal driver imo.

Two birds with one stone scenario.

Considering his main PR advisor resigned i'd imagine he's went against pretty much all advice in agreeing to the interview.  Although you'd surely think that one of the stipulations of him agreeing to the interview would be some degree of editorial control. Find it hard to imagine that went out last night without someone from the royal team giving it a once over, but maybe not considering how much of a disaster it was

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

When Prince Baldy married Kate, an American colleague of mine took the day off work so she could watch the television coverage. Given that her Facebook posts suggest she's virulently opposed to the concept of taxation, I asked her why, when the British poor were being crushed by austerity, such colossal public expenditure on something so unnecessary didn't bother her. Predictably, like most conservatives, she was just fine with tax dollars being spent on the rich - it's only when they're spent to help the poor that her Randian principles are invoked.

"But don't you think it's just wonderful that a commoner can marry into the Royal Family?" she gushed.

Well no. No, I don't. The very word "commoner" is disgusting. For me, it sums up everything that's wrong with our society and culture. This notion that rich people are definition, better than the rest of us and therefore entitled to special treatment. Not because they work hard, or do good with what they've been given, or are decent human beings. Not because they've done a damn thing to deserve it, but just because they were born rich. Laws, responsibilities, social norms of behaviour, none of those apply.

Until we as a society move past this hero worship of the rich, our obsession with celebrity, our unwillingness to question the notion that rich people are our betters, then these vermin will continue to treat "commoners" as their playthings. And they'll continue to get away with it.

Sadly, I don't see things changing any time soon. 

My mum is pro Royal.

I love nothing more than saying "kill the lot of them" Infront of her.

She loves to tell me they bring in millions and more than they cost.

I get people come to Britain and go see Buckingham palace etc but given these people who come here also go to other non royal buildings and 99/100 don't see any of the royals I don't see how they come to the conclusion that they bring in a fortune.

The buildings would still be there even if they weren't

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

My mum is pro Royal.

I love nothing more than saying "kill the lot of them" Infront of her.

She loves to tell me they bring in millions and more than they cost.

I get people come to Britain and go see Buckingham palace etc but given these people who come here also go to other non royal buildings and 99/100 don't see any of the royals I don't see how they come to the conclusion that they bring in a fortune.

The buildings would still be there even if they weren't

Just tell her that France gets alot more visitors than we do, so presumably executing the whole fucking lot of them would be much better for the Balance Sheet.