Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

12 minutes ago, btb said:

I agree, Epstein clearly being filed away as a "wrong 'un", Maxwell ends up doing the long jail sentence and the rich white men walk away unpunished. If PA hadn't felt the need to reveal to us in the Newsnight interview that he didn't sweat etc. but instead had just kept his head down he'd prob'ly still have his position & titles and his mummy £12m richer.

NB - I still reckon the £12M will be tucked away under Brenda's sundry expences and that we'll end up paying for it.

They could always send Charlie back to Qatar with a suitcase and some carrier bags...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Typo

17 minutes ago, btb said:

I agree, Epstein clearly being filed away as a "wrong 'un", Maxwell ends up doing the long jail sentence and the rich white men walk away unpunished. If PA hadn't felt the need to reveal to us in the Newsnight interview that he didn't sweat etc. but instead had just kept his head down he'd prob'ly still have his position & titles and his mummy £12m richer.

NB - I still reckon the £12M will be tucked away under Brenda's sundry expences and that we'll end up paying for it.

I'm not sure I'd be white-knighting Maxwell though. It's hardly like she's a poor black woman after all!

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure I'd be white-knighting Maxwell though. It's hardly like she's a poor black woman after all!

I don't think I am, she deserved the sentence she got, but I stand by my opinion that plenty rich white men who knew what was going on are walking away unpunished.

3 minutes ago, btb said:

I don't think I am, she deserved the sentence she got, but I stand by my opinion that plenty rich white men who knew what was going on are walking away unpunished.

Just my interpretation based on your sentence "...ends up doing the long jail sentence" like she's some kind of Patsy - she's anything but.  

Epstein was a (super) rich white guy and look where he is now.  Anyway, hopefully this is more the end of the beginning rather than the beginning of the end in terms of punishment being meted out and given those likely to be facing charges are not short of a quid or 2 there will be a line of folk looking to get justice one way or another. 

I hope Lizzie has a bottomless purse.

7 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I don’t buy into the suicide of Epstein. This story will continue to run. Hopefully with suitable convictions for the perpetrators. 

Unfortunately, I suspect there will be little justice other than financial for the victims and that's at best.  

1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Could we not get a uk based hacktivist group to stick Andrew on the FBI most wanted list as a starting point?

I think he's already on their radar so he'd better hope Virginia Giuffre is the only victim to pop her head up and name him.  

45 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Just my interpretation based on your sentence "...ends up doing the long jail sentence" like she's some kind of Patsy - she's anything but.  

Epstein was a (super) rich white guy and look where he is now.  Anyway, hopefully this is more the end of the beginning rather than the beginning of the end in terms of punishment being meted out and given those likely to be facing charges are not short of a quid or 2 there will be a line of folk looking to get justice one way or another. 

For me the Epstein side of the story was always the more interesting & relevant - in a career that screamed insider dealing right from the start he let himself become too high profile and paid the penalty but he was an outsider and thus easy to write off as a wrong 'un and be discarded. Also it's convenient to write off GM as a the sum of her relationships with her father and Epstein and ignore the bigger picture, like I said she fully deserves her sentence but I doubt procuring sex in return for inside knowledge of the financial markets has become a thing of the past.

Prince Andrew is a minor royal (post William having children) and quite clearly a fool whose idea that he could just tell us how it was and we'd tug our forelock and accept it backfired - small potatoes!

4 minutes ago, btb said:

For me the Epstein side of the story was always the more interesting & relevant - in a career that screamed insider dealing right from the start he let himself become too high profile and paid the penalty but he was an outsider and thus easy to write off as a wrong 'un and be discarded. Also it's convenient to write off GM as a the sum of her relationships with her father and Epstein and ignore the bigger picture, like I said she fully deserves her sentence but I doubt procuring sex in return for inside knowledge of the financial markets has become a thing of the past.

Prince Andrew is a minor royal (post William having children) and quite clearly a fool whose idea that he could just tell us how it was and we'd tug our forelock and accept it backfired - small potatoes!

I'm not sure it's as much a "sex ring" as fairly typical behaviour amongst a group of individuals whose wealth has allowed them opportunities and indiscretions the rest of us cannot access.  We've seen high-profile (relatively)  figures in the movie industry outed in the past 3-4 years but again I don't think their behaviour was any more than individuals taking advantage of their position to exploit desperate people.

For the avoidance of doubt - I'm not suggesting there was no collusion between various parties but I don't believe there is a huge conspiracy to unfold.  

6 hours ago, hk blues said:

I refer you to my earlier contribution 3 posts prior to this one.