Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

13 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Hang on... Woman gives Ponce Andrew three quarters of a million to help her get a passport; she then alleges it's a scam and he returns the money. Yet "there is no suggestion of any wrongdoing by the prince". So WTF did he take the money for?

The life of a royal.

"Here's three-quarters of a million pounds, your Highness"
"Of course! That's the least you owe me for being in my divine presence"

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

No doubt the same thing should happen here for the Earl of Inverness.

He's still The Duke of York. It's just the freedom of the city he got sacked from. Apparently, only The Monarch can remove titles.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

He's still The Duke of York. It's just the freedom of the city he got sacked from. Apparently, only The Monarch can remove titles.

Okay.  I just think that if he can't graze his sheep in York, then he shouldn't be allowed to bring them up to Inverness instead.

I don't think it would be appropriate.

Is it just urban myth that being granted the 'Freedom' of a town or city means that local hostelries are not really supposed to charge you for refreshments and lodgings?

I mean, if it is indeed the case, then that's Andy fucked if he ever wants to go on a cheap stag-do and then crash in a Travel Lodge in York.

Edited by Boo Khaki

31 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Is it just urban myth that being granted the 'Freedom' of a town or city means that local hostelries are not really supposed to charge you for refreshments and lodgings?

I mean, if it is indeed the case, then that's Andy fucked if he ever wants to go on a cheap stag-do and then crash in a Travel Lodge in York.

Yes, it’s an urban myth.  I’ve got my burgess ticket in Glasgow, and still get charged for my pints!

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

So unless you own sheep, it's pretty meaningless then?

I don't even think it gives you any privileges in regards to your sheep. It was previously used to grant peasants freedom from serfdom in Medieval times but as far as I can see you get f**k all from it these days. It's a pat on the back for being a good c**t. 

Assuming as the TV is now in full 40th anniversary Falklands swing some stories of his bravery and how he single-handed won the war are due to suffer. Or whatever it was he did that removed his inability to sweat.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I don't even think it gives you any privileges in regards to your sheep. It was previously used to grant peasants freedom from serfdom in Medieval times but as far as I can see you get f**k all from it these days. It's a pat on the back for being a good c**t. 

The Glasgow position (from the GGC website)

“Historically Freemen and Burgesses have full rights to trade within the Burgh, specifically on market days. Freemen do not have to associate with un-Freemen. They have the right to graze their cows on the common land (Glasgow Green); the right to fishing on the Clyde; the duty to patrol and guard the town (watch and ward); the duty to defend the town by arms - if they do not perform this duty they could be prosecuted for perjury of their oath, but if they were to be prosecuted they have a right to a prison cell of their own, that is without un-Freemen in it. They have the duty to pay the equivalent of today's valuation tax and the right to be present at all court hearings.”

My dad was in the Navy and his ship was over in the Falklands.

He remarked that Prince Andrew was an utter dick and widely despised by everyone. Seemingly he was exactly the type of arrogant, entitled moron you'd expect, expecting people to jump to his every command, and indeed did f**k all.

My old man remarked that another royal (possibly Charles?) was actually fairly sound and didn't hold himself as superior to others and spoke to people as people, not disgusting beings he felt were well below him, like nonce Andrew.

34 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

The Glasgow position (from the GGC website)

“Historically Freemen and Burgesses have full rights to trade within the Burgh, specifically on market days. Freemen do not have to associate with un-Freemen. They have the right to graze their cows on the common land (Glasgow Green); the right to fishing on the Clyde; the duty to patrol and guard the town (watch and ward); the duty to defend the town by arms - if they do not perform this duty they could be prosecuted for perjury of their oath, but if they were to be prosecuted they have a right to a prison cell of their own, that is without un-Freemen in it. They have the duty to pay the equivalent of today's valuation tax and the right to be present at all court hearings.”

So basically, you could have your coos make a mess of the Green, but the cooncil could force you arm yourself with a halberd and stand in the middle of the M8 challenging strangers?

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

So basically, you could have your coos make a mess of the Green, but the cooncil could force you arm yourself with a halberd and stand in the middle of the M8 challenging strangers?

That’s pretty much it.  For me, the most important bit is about getting a cell away from the common folk. 

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

My dad was in the Navy and his ship was over in the Falklands.

He remarked that Prince Andrew was an utter dick and widely despised by everyone. Seemingly he was exactly the type of arrogant, entitled moron you'd expect, expecting people to jump to his every command, and indeed did f**k all.

My old man remarked that another royal (possibly Charles?) was actually fairly sound and didn't hold himself as superior to others and spoke to people as people, not disgusting beings he felt were well below him, like nonce Andrew.

That would have been Anne, I'd guess.

Ol' Jug Ears is an utter cvnt.

• 1 month later...

My sister lives in England (the West Midlands) so I don't get to see her that often. She's up visiting at the moment so we've had a catch up.

She has her own catering business and a month ago had a marquee at the Malvern 3 Counties Showground in Worcestershire.

On one of the days she was told Princess Anne would be visiting. All morning there were security staff in her marquee checking under tables with sniffer dogs etc, and during the visit my sister said there were plenty of security on walkie-talkies.

So much for Nonce Andrew's impromptu visit to Pizza Express.