Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

18 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I could be wrong on this, but I get the impression that the The Rangers' performative love for the monarchy is just to GIRU the rest of Scottish society (who are naturally all fans of the Irish cheek). Not sure how many of them actually give a f**k otherwise.

Nice job m9. Tempted to have you round to do my fence.

Clean for the Queen 'n' all that.

Wait until the wind dies down and I'll be round

4 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Hard work, saving his pennies and utilising his undoubted talents and intelligence. 

He certainly didn't acquire his vast personal wealth from piloting a helicopter - that would be a decent wage, but not enough in itself to buy a skiing chalet in Switzerland with a book price of 25 mill.

It's time to storm the palace, lads.

I've been hearing this a lot but exactly how will we be paying?  It's not like Liz sends us a bill every year.  I'm pretty sure she gets an annual allowance and I very much doubt she will suddenly bump up her allowance.  
She'll be funding the payout from her private wealth. 
Which she spends on fuk all except nonce aid

8 hours ago, Antlion said:

Two things: 1) this jubilee bullshit will mean a lot to Lizzie and 2) Lizzie is not particularly bright or in touch with public feeling.

One of the things noticeable about the Windsors is that none of them have ever been notable for intelligence, still less any for having any sense of the public. Harry and William, IIRC, both barely passed exams (despite the public paying hand over fist for private tutors, copious cheating, and rules being waived because of their titles), while Charlie is also an idiot. Lizzie herself has never evinced the slightest academic interest or ability. These people live in a bubble.

The bit in bold. Is this about the royal family or the Scottish football authorities response to Oldco Rangers going tits up?

Edited by pozbaird

22 hours ago, Gaz said:

The queen doesn't have private wealth.

Queen Elizabeth II can attribute her personal wealth to her investments in jewelry, art and her two privately owned properties — Sandringham House and Balmoral Castle — Forbes reported.Nov 27, 2021

36 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Queen Elizabeth II can attribute her personal wealth to her investments in jewelry, art and her two privately owned properties — Sandringham House and Balmoral Castle — Forbes reported.Nov 27, 2021

The RFs wealth is a bit of a murky issue regarding what belongs to them and what belongs to the state obviously if we were to become a republic there'd have to be some sort of compo package worked out - as we're a football forum I'll liken her to a football manager who's too costly to sack, whether people will feel the same about Chuck who knows?

Edited by btb

5 minutes ago, btb said:

The RFs wealth is a bit of a murky issue regarding what belongs to them and what belongs to the state obviously if we were to become a republic there'd obviously have to be some sort of compo package worked out - as we're a football forum I'll liken her to a football manager who's too costly to sack, whether people will feel the same about Chuck who knows?

Surely just the cost of a scaffold, plus a few lengths of rope.... If we are going to do this properly?

32 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Cool. Remind me again how she (and her ancestors) got the money to invest in jewellery and art, and to buy Sandringham and Balmoral?

1 minute ago, btb said:

The RFs wealth is a bit of a murky issue regarding what belongs to them and what belongs to the state obviously if we were to become a republic there'd obviously have to be some sort of compo package worked out - as we're a football forum I'll liken her to a football manager who's too costly to sack, whether people will feel the same about Chuck who knows?

I think it's pretty well-defined as far as I can see - there are pretty exact figures given.