Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

Acht, this is where we are still at.

If we happen to be holders of a UK passport and examine the not so small print, you will find that we are subjects of the monarch, and not citizens of a country. 

Many might describe this situation as being an unsatisfactory state of affairs. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont have an issue with agreeing with him where the shoe fits. I do recall some pretty horrible takes from him over the years, specifically re addiction IIRC (il retract if that wasn't him)

Yeah, as I said, I dont disagree, but you can be right and still come across a bit..... odd. 

There is nothing odd about what he says here.  You know that I disagree with him elsewhere, so I’m not an @oaksoft defender.  On this he is 100% right.  

Claiming it is odd makes you OFTW tbh. And if you don’t think it does, maybe have a wee think about it for a bit.  

It's possible to think he's a sweaty nonce who should be in prison while acknowledging that such prosecutions are very difficult to achieve and being pleased that his victim has received an apology and a huge payout. I don't think anyone on here has defended Nonce Andrew. You can still show empathy with a victim of sexual abuse who has had to put up with smears and accusations for years, compounding the initial crime.

34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If this went to a trial it would have been drawn out for a long time. Throughout that time, Guiffre would have had to relive the trauma of what happened to her. She would have been attacked mercilessly by top lawyer scum, had her character unfairly criticised and made out to be something she is not, be made out to be a liar and just after money and, worst of all, that anything that did happen was her fault. Add to that the media pressure and the inevitable media lies, as well as online psychos having a go at her and sending her awful threats and abuse.

All of that would have dragged on for at least as long as the trial, and she would have had to put up with it all every single day, and may not even have won the case, despite the fact that the nonce c**t is guilty. It wouldn't be a trial of the facts; it would become a trial of public opinion, and she is up against a wealthy individual with a large and top team, with many media sources/outlets on their side. 

So she absolutely cannot be blamed or made out to be at fault for accepting a settlement now. She can hopefully now live comfortably and try to come to terms with her ordeals. The settlement is all but an admission of guilt from the nonce scum as well. She has definitely had a victory here, just sadly not a full one (which would involve the nonce bag of shit in jail). 

Anyone criticising her for this is simply wrong.

Agreed. So ach well, everyone knows the real story, but brush it under the carpet for rich royals. Jimmy Saville will be delighted with this.

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

It's possible to think he's a sweaty nonce who should be in prison while acknowledging that such prosecutions are very difficult to achieve and being pleased that his victim has received an apology and a huge payout. I don't think anyone on here has defended Nonce Andrew. You can still show empathy with a victim of sexual abuse who has had to put up with smears and accusations for years, compounding the initial crime.

Agreed. But you say his victim has been subjected to sexual abuse, presumably by him. But that's okay because he has lots of money. Maybe I'm missing the point. 🤷

This was a civil case so was never going to end in jail time. If it had gone to trial the best the plaintiff could get was an apology, a payment and a finding that she had been abused by Mr Windsor. She ended up with an apology, a payout and an acknowledgement that she was a victim of abuse (although without specifying the perpetrator) without having to go to court. Its a pretty convincing win.

Those outraged by the lack of punishment for the nonce should direct their ire at the US legal system which protected (and continues to protect) Epstein's sordid associates from justice in a court of law

3 minutes ago, Arabdownunder said:

This was a civil case so was never going to end in jail time. If it had gone to trial the best the plaintiff could get was an apology, a payment and a finding that she had been abused by Mr Windsor. She ended up with an apology, a payout and an acknowledgement that she was a victim of abuse (although without specifying the perpetrator) without having to go to court. Its a pretty convincing win.

Those outraged by the lack of punishment for the nonce should direct their ire at the US legal system which protected (and continues to protect) Epstein's sordid associates from justice in a court of law

👍 Fair enough. Although Epstein and Maxwell ended up in jail.. Imagine a finding that she had been abused by Mr Windsor, and all she got was an apology. Amazing. Sorry I abused you. Here's some money.