Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

37 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Who decides it's unfounded?  Isn't that the whole point of the jury i.e. to separate the mud from the shite?

That is the point of the jury, exactly, and each juror will form opinions on the evidence both as they hear it during the proceedings and then later in the jury room during deliberations.

However, the lawyers will have already assessed the evidence before the trial, and will decide (a) whether to put it before the jury, and (b) if they do put it before the jury, which assertions they are able to say the evidence supports. 

What I am saying is, if one side or another puts on record insubstantial evidence, or claims evidence shows things which it does not in fact show, that will hurt their credibility in the jury's eyes. 

In other words, the lawyers already know what's mud and what's shite, and if they chuck too much shite and the jury smells it, their case may be sunk.

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

It wouldn't take much of a lawyer to dissect that and make a difference between "meeting" and being "introduced to" though.  Or explain that the Secretary was "misremembering". 

I wouldn't be sure a letter to a national newspaper can be explained away as "misremembering" but I suppose that's the business of lawyers.

On the decision to make it a jury trial I don't see how it can be anything but bad news for the Prince, a judge would have limited himself what can be proven factual in what essentially boils down to a he said/she said argument whereas IMO a jury is more likely to plump for who they consider to be the more sympathetic character which makes the Prince toast.

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I would have thought Prince Andrew's appointment diary would be fairly comprehensive - even his private social life will be recorded somewhere, if only by the security services.

Aye, his diary would be very detailed with exact timings of comings and goings, who he met etc....a bit like the one the security forces and Met would keep for 10 Downing Street.....oh hud on........

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/27/lawyers-question-strength-of-prince-andrews-response-to-lawsuit

"British lawyers have cast doubt on the strength of Prince Andrew’s defence to Virginia’s Giuffre’s lawsuit and whether it can help him settle the case, thereby avoiding a “disastrous” court trial."

"There has to be a way out of this for Andrew that will avoid a jury trial because a jury trial is a complete disaster.”

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

16 hours ago, btb said:

I wouldn't be sure a letter to a national newspaper can be explained away as "misremembering" but I suppose that's the business of lawyers.

I was being sarcastic - that was the term Andy's team used to explain Virginia Giuffre's recollection of events.  

"Prince Andrew’s 30-year association with the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews has ended, after the club confirmed he is no longer an honorary member. The Duke of York informed the R&A of his decision, which should remove the potential for controversy around the 150th Open due to be staged at St Andrews in July."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/28/relief-as-prince-andrew-relinquishes-membership-of-royal-ancient-club?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

41 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

"Prince Andrew’s 30-year association with the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews has ended, after the club confirmed he is no longer an honorary member. The Duke of York informed the R&A of his decision, which should remove the potential for controversy around the 150th Open due to be staged at St Andrews in July."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/28/relief-as-prince-andrew-relinquishes-membership-of-royal-ancient-club?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

On 27/01/2022 at 10:54, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Andrew being a Prince with seemingly bottomless pockets, and generally appearing to be a bit of a p***k, will make it harder than normal to cast him as the victim.

In fact, just writing that now, it may (but may not) explain why the royal family have been so willing to strip him of all of his titles. It would help build a picture of an innocent man suffering greatly due to what they say are unfounded allegations. 

Hmmm..... 

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Even Prince Andrew doesn’t want to be associated with a bunch of golfers.

Sex traffickers, paedophiles, procurers, pizza parlours & pimps are allegedly his favourite things.
Chain pizza restaurants and girls who've been trafficked,
Preposterous lies when we all know he's at it,
Brown coloured prostitutes tied up with string,
These are a few of his favourite things.

4 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

As yet unconfirmed reports on his application to become a member of the Plebs and Underage Club

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Can we just call him Andrew Windsor the Nonce.
Let's drop this Prince bullshit

On the subject of exactly that bullshit, do the monarch’s offspring automatically become princes or princesses on birth? I only ask because The Crown had an episode of the awful Charlie being made prince of Wales. I always assumed he achieved that title purely by the remarkable feat of being born - what was he called before being made prince of Wales as a teenager?

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
Even Prince Andrew doesn’t want to be associated with a bunch of golfers.

Sex traffickers, paedophiles, procurers, pizza parlours & pimps are allegedly his favourite things.

Typical night out in St Andrews.

45 minutes ago, Antlion said:

On the subject of exactly that bullshit, do the monarch’s offspring automatically become princes or princesses on birth? I only ask because The Crown had an episode of the awful Charlie being made prince of Wales. I always assumed he achieved that title purely by the remarkable feat of being born - what was he called before being made prince of Wales as a teenager?

Yes, they're born princes or princesses. "The Prince of Wales" is a title traditionally bestowed by the monarch  on the eldest son and heir, once they come of age. It isn't automatic though so as and when Charlie-boy takes over the wheel, he may or may not upgrade William to Prince of the Valleys.

Edited by Shotgun