Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

We should name him Duke of somewhere that’s a total shithole.  The Duke of Cumbernauld.  A quick browse on Wikipedia reveals this fact about the place.  I think he’d accept being the Duke of Cumbernauld.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbernauld#/media/File:Small_Pond_on_Fannyside_Road,_Cumbernauld_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1321785.jpg

The Duke of Woking seems fitting.

5 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

If you personally met any of the royal family, would you address them as your royal Highness or whatever the antiquated term is for them?

I reckon most folk on here would claim to treat them with contempt, but give them the full HRH and bow or whatever it is you're meant to do when push comes to shove.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

I reckon most folk on here would claim to treat them with contempt, but give them the full HRH and bow or whatever it is you're meant to do when push comes to shove.

I personally hope never to be in a situation where I am in their presence, highly unlikely anyway. But I don't think I'd ever belittle myself to fawn over anyone.

3 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

I personally hope never to be in a situation where I am in their presence, highly unlikely anyway. But I don't think I'd ever belittle myself to fawn over anyone.

It's the upper class version of standing in the back row but eventually sitting down when the steward comes along.

Nonce Andy's parasitic Mills & Boon author ex-wife will always be there for him, oh yes indeedy........

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/14/sarah-ferguson-will-ex-wife-continue-remain-steadfast-prince-andrew

Promoting her Mills & Boon novel Her Heart for a Compass, Fergie – as she is known after her birth name, Sarah Ferguson – was effusive in her praise for Prince Andrew. “I completely stand by Andrew 100%,” she told the talk show Porta a Porta.

The happiest day of her life, she continued, was her wedding day back in 1986, “when I married the best man in the world”.

It's been pretty clear for a while that they're a pair of randy shagabouts, and only got divorced because it became public knowledge. Even now, I somehow doubt the royalwatchers would accept open marriages among those ordained by God to rule over them.

They're having enough trouble accepting the sex trafficked teenagers and grasping, corrupt obsession with money, but they'll probably get there.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Princess Anne came to officially open my workplace. I was asked to be in the lineup to meet her. I refused as I had absolutely no interest in meeting her

7 hours ago, Lofarl said:

We should name him Duke of somewhere that’s a total shithole.  The Duke of Cumbernauld.  A quick browse on Wikipedia reveals this fact about the place.  I think he’d accept being the Duke of Cumbernauld.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbernauld#/media/File:Small_Pond_on_Fannyside_Road,_Cumbernauld_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1321785.jpg

Did they not do this with Harry being made Earl of Dumbarton? 

Princess Anne came to officially open my workplace. I was asked to be in the lineup to meet her. I refused as I had absolutely no interest in meeting her
Edward rocked up to officially visit our block of flats back in 2018. My other half was quite enthusiastic about meeting a royal. I decided work was preferable.

37 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Came to mine too. I got booted out of my favourite meeting room so she and her security could base themselves in it.

Another little turn of the screw from Virginia Guiffre's legal team........

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/14/prince-andrew-sexual-abuse-lawsuit-testimony-virginia-giuffre

Giuffre’s attorneys said on Friday that they had “reason to believe” that Robert Olney, the Duke of York’s past assistant, has “relevant information about Prince Andrew’s relationship with Jeffrey Epstein”.

I have to confess that the sweatless wonder himself (and his wife) visited my workplace back in the late 80s. As far as I remember, nobody called him anything like highness/grace etc. It was all quite normal

ETA: He did come across as a bit of a dick, though. She appeared to be a bit better craic than him

Yeah, she came to our official office opening in 2017. Like you, I had no interest in meeting her, but plenty did.

38 minutes ago, Adam said:

Yeah, she came to our official office opening in 2017. Like you, I had no interest in meeting her, but plenty did.

My wife met her on a visit to Wishaw Hospital and said she was really nice and informal. I always got the impression she was the best of them...and she's  Zara's Mum.

30 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My wife met her on a visit to Wishaw Hospital and said she was really nice and informal. I always got the impression she was the best of them...and she's  Zara's Mum.

Agreed. It always pissed me off when the media would fawn over Diana as if she was some kind of saint while Anne was out there actually working for multiple charities. Getting her hands dirty and helping people without constantly drawing attention to herself.