Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

10 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

The language used is telling. This is described as a "set back" because the Prince might actually need to face the music. It might just be me but I'd say anything which means a potential child molestor faces justice could be described as something a bit more positively than a "set back". The press are on the side of these c***s, and it should never be forgotten. 

IMO there’s a very good chance of a settlement before this goes to trial.  It will be humiliating for the whole of the royal family but it might be the best that they can hope for and I would bet that no criminal charges will follow.  Giuffre just wants lots of money and will agree to not make any comment or disclose who much she is paid.

Betty will pop her clogs, her moronic son will finally take over and the whole thing will be swept aside by the establishment in a wave of patriotic euphoria.  That said in the era of social media the story will be kept alive.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

IMO there’s a very good chance of a settlement before this goes to trial.  It will be humiliating for the whole of the royal family but it might be the best that they can hope for and I would bet that no criminal charges will follow.  Giuffre just wants lots of money and will agree to not make any comment or disclose who much she is paid.

Betty will pop her clogs, her moronic son will finally take over and the whole thing will be swept aside by the establishment in a wave of patriotic euphoria.  That said in the era of social media the story will be kept alive.

That's  fair enough. Except it might encourage others to come forward. I doubt she was the only victim sent his way. Charles might be a bit less inclined to throw money at it.

Reading a Grauniad article on Maxwell which went off on a tangent to inform us that one should throw away a box of tissues once it becomes half full - lifestyles of the rich and infamous. 🤧

1 hour ago, btb said:

Reading a Grauniad article on Maxwell which went off on a tangent to inform us that one should throw away a box of tissues once it becomes half full - lifestyles of the rich and infamous. 🤧

I would have said "half empty". It could only become "half full" if you're filling it up, surely?

17 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

What a fucking disgusting comment.

10 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

^^^ Harvey Weinstein's lawyer found

It wasn’t a criticism, but I suppose folk will interpret them as they choose.

56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It wasn’t a criticism, but I suppose folk will interpret them as they choose.

How should "Giuffre just wants lots of money and will agree to not make any comment or disclose who much she is paid" be interpreted? 

Personally I have no doubt that Giuffre is trying to get as much money out of this as possible but... fair fucks. She was sexually trafficked as a teenager. I don't begrudge her making a profit out of a horrific part of her life. Should abuse victims have to disavow any financial gain to be taken seriously?

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

How should "Giuffre just wants lots of money and will agree to not make any comment or disclose who much she is paid" be interpreted? 

No doubt she'd like justice and revenge as well, but non disclosure is normally the main point of any pay off deal.

8 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

You can interpret it any way you want.  I don’t blame her for going after money, it’s all she can do in a civil case.  If there’s a settlement then her not agreeing to comment will be part of that.

Given your green dotting of another post confirms my suspicion that your beef is with me rather than the point I made.

Edited by Granny Danger

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You can interpret it any way you want.  I don’t blame her for going after money, it’s all she can do in a civil case.  If there’s a settlement then her not agreeing to comment will be part of that.

Given your green dotting of another post confirms my suspicion that your beef is with me rather than the point I made.

Of course that's what you meant 😂

I'm not sure what post, or what dots you're referring to, however the fact that you're monitoring this stuff is all a wee bit sad. I think, like many others (on both sides of the debate) you've allowed the Covid-19 Thread a pretty sizeable space in your head. 

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Of course that's what you meant 😂

I'm not sure what post, or what dots you're referring to, however the fact that you're monitoring this stuff is all a wee bit sad. I think, like many others (on both sides of the debate) you've allowed the Covid-19 Thread a pretty sizeable space in your head. 

Not monitoring anything!  I was referring to AsibButts post.  The fact that you’re referring to a completely unrelated thread suggests that it’s you that’s obsessed with it.

You’re one of the posters I never thought I’d put on ignore but I’ll do so now.  That will give you the last word; enjoy.

Not monitoring anything!  I was referring to AsibButts post.  The fact that you’re referring to a completely unrelated thread suggests that it’s you that’s obsessed with it.
You’re one of the posters I never thought I’d put on ignore but I’ll do so now.  That will give you the last word; enjoy.
The absolute STATE of that [emoji23]

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The language used is telling. This is described as a "set back" because the Prince might actually need to face the music. It might just be me but I'd say anything which means a potential child molestor faces justice could be described as something a bit more positively than a "set back". The press are on the side of these c***s, and it should never be forgotten. 

For Andrew in the grand scheme of things it is only a 'set-back' though - only a civil case, can't get the jail, probably don't even have to turn up to sit in the courtroom.

7 minutes ago, milhouse said:

For Andrew in the grand scheme of things it is only a 'set-back' though - only a civil case, can't get the jail, probably don't even have to turn up to sit in the courtroom.

The cost of the Royal Family might go up to 60p per head if it goes wrong for him...

2 hours ago, milhouse said:

I suppose but if, as I expect, he settles out of court he can forget about getting the Admiral's uniform back on - in public anyway! 

Edited by btb