McKinnon sacked

When you look back, it’s hard to think of any managerial appointment being as much of a gift as McKinnon to FFC.
Absolutely no major expectation or deliverables for half a season....prevent relegation if you can, but we know it’s a big ask. Then given the go ahead to sign near enough a full new team in January.

First unrest came when we reached 8th. “Great stuff McKinnon, now go finish the job”. That’s where he was hit with the first bit of expectation and pressure to achieve....and he fucked it up badly.

Given the money to sign a championship(ish) side for Seaside 1. So, instant expectation and pressure to achieve....and he fucked it up badly.

Seems he experienced expectation and pressure to achieve as soon as walked in the door at DU....and he fucked it up badly.

That’s the signature McKinnon that future employers need to understand from the get go....if you want to improve on where you are today, and you want to set even mildly ambitious targets for your manager, then stay the hell away from Ray McKinnon.

10 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Andy Thomson said last night that the Killers gig would gross the club £450k.

So either. 

This is already in the budget, in which case its not extra cash. 

Or it wasn't in the budget in which case the fans need to ask why such income wasn't being budgeted for. 

10,000 tickets at say £50 a ticket is 500k, add the hospitality packages then you take your expenses out, it will be significantly more than 25k.

These things cost a lot to stage it’s not a case of £50 x 10,000 = $$$

10,000 tickets at say £50 a ticket is 500k, add the hospitality packages then you take your expenses out, it will be significantly more than 25k.

That £500k will look great in the killers bank account. It certainly won’t be going anywhere near Falkirks though.

Surely it's down to whatever the club charged the killers promotion team to stage it there rather than something put on by Falkirk...
Even if doing it your way I doubt the killers come cheap on a tour [emoji23]

That’s not how these things work. Concert promoters and the artists are the ones putting on this gig, they get the lions share of profits

26 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Ps didn't realise that you didn't own the stadium yourselves it's owned by the council...Screenshot_20191117_105131_com.android.chrome.jpeg

It`s more complex than that. The council own parts of the Stadium and the Club own other parts. FCSL is the business side for hiring out the facilities. I believe the Club were involved initially on the board of this company but now it`s wholly council owned. That`s my take on it anyway, don`t know if it`s totally accurate.

20 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

It`s more complex than that. The council own parts of the Stadium and the Club own other parts. FCSL is the business side for hiring out the facilities. I believe the Club were involved initially on the board of this company but now it`s wholly council owned. That`s my take on it anyway, don`t know if it`s totally accurate.

I was lead to believe the arms length company (Falkirk Leisure Trust) part owned it with FFC? 

Just think. If he'd been emptied in May after getting us relegated and a semi-competent manager put in place we could be absolutely scooshing this league.