Scotland Vs Kazakhstan 19th Nov 2019

Gordopolis

11 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

most people can see he is poor - except for the EPL fanboys who equate English transfer fees to talent.....

Not necessarily, but our strikers we have to choose from are at hearts,.the scottish championship or a £20 million premiership player.  In paper it's a no brainer.  Do you think shankland will ever play in the premiership?  If not why not?  Will naismith get a move back to that league?  If not why not?

Edited by Kuro

4 hours ago, Kuro said:

Mcburnie should be our first.choice forward for.the.next few.years and probably will be.  Teams.don't pay.huge.amounts of money for a played cause.they think he's sound.

What's with. all the, random full. stops? Are. you under. the illusion this. adds. some kind . of emphasis to. your point?

22 hours ago, The OP said:

Forrest is definitely going to set up a goal for someone, he’s the main bright spark here. Scotland fans to moan he is pish unless he bags a hat trick.

He's a sand dancer with little end product. Anytime I've watched him play he's been gash....in fairness I did miss the game he scored awragoals

17 hours ago, greenockraver said:

gallacher hacking the kazakh boy for trying to break forrests leg was great though. nice wee mean streak that the team as a whole has been crying out for since broony retired, every scotland squad needs a no nonsense , snarling b*****d in the team and i say that in the most complimentary way possible

There's been a few pundits in the media saying Scotland need to play more like Livingston did last season...physical, hound opponents into mistakes and hitting on the counter. Gallagher was a big part of that and I would like to see him and Halkett play at the back for Scotland (once Halkett is fit obviously) as I think they'd have a great understanding and bring that mean streak the national side needs.

7 minutes ago, Lee Van Tee said:

What's with. all the, random full. stops? Are. you under. the illusion this. adds. some kind . of emphasis to. your point?

Worst Captain Kirk impression ever

Edited by Cptn Hooch

So which Scottish striker would you suggest is better than mcburnie?  And if so, why didn't Sheffield United but that player?  Could they not afford him?  Does said played just not want to earn loads of money?

Griffiths if fit and playing regularly is the obvious one.

Sheffield United presumably play a robust style with a big target man - maybe a fully fit Griffiths wouldn’t have suited that - and was outside their price range prior to them securing an EPL place.

Other than that - there are no standout forwards - but god help us if McBurnie is meant to be the answer based on evidence in internationals he’s played so far.

Another three years and Super Sam has a residency permit !

6 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Griffiths if fit and playing regularly is the obvious one.

Sheffield United presumably play a robust style with a big target man - maybe a fully fit Griffiths wouldn’t have suited that - and was outside their price range prior to them securing an EPL place.

Other than that - there are no standout forwards - but god help us if McBurnie is meant to be the answer based on evidence in internationals he’s played so far.

Another three years and Super Sam has a residency permit !

Really?  Outside their price range?  How much do you think he would cost?

I think when you have one striker at hearts, one in the Scottish championship, and a £20 million epl striker, those saying the £20 million guy shouldn't be playing have a bit of a case to be making.

32 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Really?  Outside their price range?  How much do you think he would cost?

I think when you have one striker at hearts, one in the Scottish championship, and a £20 million epl striker, those saying the £20 million guy shouldn't be playing have a bit of a case to be making.

Has mcburnie actually scored this season?

I wish the guy was good, but hes hardly ripping it up in the premiership eh

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Has mcburnie actually scored this season?

I wish the guy was good, but hes hardly ripping it up in the premiership eh

Once yes.  He ripped up the championship last season.  How have our other strikers fared in comparison?

4 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Once yes.  He ripped up the championship last season.  How have our other strikers fared in comparison?

He has started less than half of their games in the EPL scored once, played 9 times for Scotland full team and not scored as yet in my opinion at the moment i would have Naismith  for Scotland his work ethic is immense over the last 2 games he was cajoling the rest of the team pulling them up the park, always harassing the opposition winning free kicks continually in just 2 games he seems to be getting an understanding with McGinn and its paying off, i have yet to see any of that from McBurnie in a Scotland jersey. The price tag is irrelevant it doesnt gwt you goals or give you that work ethic Naismith has brought in the last 2 games, he may come good down the line but as it stands Naismith for me as starter.

I thought naismith did well also, he's certainly not a long term answer. But he has a level of intelligence and awareness that McBurnies never going to have.

We're really hoping for Griffiths to start playing and play like he was a couple of years ago. Unlikely, but it would be an absolute bonus for Scotland if he did.

20 minutes ago, clydebank kopite said:

He has started less than half of their games in the EPL scored once, played 9 times for Scotland full team and not scored as yet in my opinion at the moment i would have Naismith  for Scotland his work ethic is immense over the last 2 games he was cajoling the rest of the team pulling them up the park, always harassing the opposition winning free kicks continually in just 2 games he seems to be getting an understanding with McGinn and its paying off, i have yet to see any of that from McBurnie in a Scotland jersey. The price tag is irrelevant it doesnt gwt you goals or give you that work ethic Naismith has brought in the last 2 games, he may come good down the line but as it stands Naismith for me as starter.

Not for me, he's a vastly.inferior played who will be entirely ineffective and a complete passenger against any semi decent side.  Mcburnie hasn't had a run yet, look at Palmer and mcginn rtf not great for a while then get settled in look really good. 

Mcburnie just.needs that, naismith is utterly finished any prospective opponent in the playoffs would be delighted to face him as he offers nothing and is no threat at all, might as well be playing ten men.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

Not for me, he's a vastly.inferior played who will be entirely ineffective and a complete passenger against any semi decent side.  Mcburnie hasn't had a run yet, look at Palmer and mcginn rtf not great for a while then get settled in look really good. 

Mcburnie just.needs that, naismith is utterly finished any prospective opponent in the playoffs would be delighted to face him as he offers nothing and is no threat at all, might as well be playing ten men.

And that is what we are doing with McBurnie at the present time,Naismith is a defenders nightmare doesn't give a minutes peace wins free kicks pulls the players up the park McBurnie had not done that in any game for Scotland as yet. And the teams we can face in the semi are not all that. If McBurnie gave half the work ethic Naismith gave in the last 2 games then maybe just maybe but at present not for me

8 minutes ago, clydebank kopite said:

And that is what we are doing with McBurnie at the present time,Naismith is a defenders nightmare doesn't give a minutes peace wins free kicks pulls the players up the park McBurnie had not done that in any game for Scotland as yet. And the teams we can face in the semi are not all that. If McBurnie gave half the work ethic Naismith gave in the last 2 games then maybe just maybe but at present not for me

They're much better than the teams naismith has played the last couple of games.  I would say he's a defender's dream, no pace or mobility at all, can't run behjnd.you, will spend all game right in front of you where you can see where he is at all times.  You can step up and press as he has no threat running beyond you, completely ineffective in the air, not very strong, not a prolific goalscorer, not even an out and out centre forward yet that's where we.play.him.  If I was a defender I'd love to be playing against him, he's a total dream.

Compare to mcburnie,.6-3, strong,.mobile, good in the air, can drop off or run behind, rattled 25 last season in the.championship.  Defenders would.be much more worried about.mcburnie.

Edited by Kuro

4 minutes ago, Kuro said:

They're much better than the teams naismith has played the last couple of games.  I would say he's a defender's dream, no pace or mobility at all, can't run behjnd.you, will spend all game right in front of you where you can see where he is at all times.  You can step up and press as he has no threat running beyond you, completely ineffective in the air, not very strong, not a prolific goalscorer, not even an out and out centre forward yet that's where we.play.him.  If I was a defender I'd love to be playing against him, he's a total dream.

Compare to mcburnie,.6-3, strong,.mobile, good in the air, can drop off or run behind, rattled 25 last season in the.championship.  Defenders would.be much more worried about.mcburnie.

Im not anti McBurnie i want him to do well its irrelevant what he done last season in the championship as with any other striker in our squad we are talking about there here and now and next March so need to pick players in form he has started less than half of tbe games in the EPL this season 1 goal. We need to agree to disagree right now Naismith done a tremendous job the last 2 games doing what he does best, who ever leads the line in March has my full backing to get us to where we need to be. Their games are entirely  different the form players come March will be picked 

Just now, clydebank kopite said:

Im not anti McBurnie i want him to do well its irrelevant what he done last season in the championship as with any other striker in our squad we are talking about there here and now and next March so need to pick players in form he has started less than half of tbe games in the EPL this season 1 goal. We need to agree to disagree right now Naismith done a tremendous job the last 2 games doing what he does best, who ever leads the line in March has my full backing to get us to where we need to be. Their games are entirely  different the form players come March will be picked 

Well if we're talking about the here and now naismith has played 37 minutes of club football in the last three months.  

Just now, Kuro said:

Well if we're talking about the here and now naismith has played 37 minutes of club football in the last three months.  

Yet his game gave us cajoling and harassing defenders pulling players up the park talking to players winning free kicks linking well with McGinn more and thats all we can ask for. Clarke started him in both games and there is obviously a reason for that.

12 minutes ago, clydebank kopite said:

Yet his game gave us cajoling and harassing defenders pulling players up the park talking to players winning free kicks linking well with McGinn more and thats all we can ask for. Clarke started him in both games and there is obviously a reason for that.

Look he's shite accept it.