Scotland Vs Kazakhstan 19th Nov 2019

Gordopolis

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Calm down kuro, that's going too far. We might look dangerous going forward but we're still worryingly bad at the back.

Three wins on the spin was important, no matter the shiteness of the opposition.

Getting through the semi is an absolute must now. And then we'll have something to really look forward to.

Bollocks we're gonna win the tournament

The only problem with having no Studio analysis at HT or FT is being subjected to Crocker’s sanctimonious, patronising pish for an extra half an hour!!!

After his first two games where he looked hesitant and unwilling to commit forward at all I've been most impressed with Palmer. Much much better option than SOD now. 

Rest of the team is harder to pick. McGregor never seems to do much but pops up with a bit of quality now and again. 

Jack done alright tonight, nothing special but solid. Maybe him and McSauce are the midfield two that's the answer. 

Forrest/Fraser McGinn Christie is the only 3 in front of them that should be starting. 

Naismith has been a great player for Scotland over the years but he's not got much left in the tank sadly. Hopefully Hornby or one of the other strikers like Shankland can replace him when the time comes. 

Thank f**k McBurnie never seen a blade of grass under his foot tonight the useless f**k wit. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Second half wasnt even a contest, much more like it.

Think that Marshall, Palmer at right back and Christie and McGinn behind the striker are all positions that have been filled in this qualifying campaign.

You've obviously then got Robertson and McTominay who deserve to start too, and McKenna will, rightly or wrongly, be first choice as hes the only CB with any potential.

So you're just debating the McKennas partner, McTominays partner, then the left winger and striker. I'd be tempted to just keep Forrest and Naismith in there. McGregor or Jack would depend on the opponent.

Starting to see the pieces take place, I think.

Outside the Malta and San Marino type teams, it's been a very long time since we could say your first line about any Scotland performance.  Kazakhstan are not great, but they aren't a San Marino type team either.  

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I get the we’re just filling in but it’s clear that Palmer, Taylor and McGregor are not up to standard.  As much as he is a wee ned Jack has the the potential to replace the last influential wee ned Brown.   

Palmer's the best right back available by some distance, and Taylor is the third or fourth choice left back.   Agreed on Jack.  I think he starts most games from here on in.

Just now, Gaz said:

You just know that Ryan Jack is going to stagnate. Classic Paul McStay syndrome.

Jesus Christ give him a chance to at least do it before you mean about it.  You must be a hoot at parties this punch is good aye it'll be shite in the morning though.

I get the they're just filling in but it’s clear that Palmer, Taylor and McGregor are not up to standard.  As much as he is a wee ned Jack has the the potential to replace the last influential wee ned Brown.   

Palmer is as solid a right back as we're going to get just now. If he's fit, he plays IMO.

20 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Does McGinn now have two more goals than Charlie Nicholas? 

The bold Charlie will have scored 1,000  times more than McGinn ;)

That being said it was a top drawer second half performance from McGinn tonight.  A thoroughly good player.