Scotland Vs Kazakhstan 19th Nov 2019

Gordopolis

Just now, Aufc said:

Whilst i dont necessarily disagree about mctominay over jack, to say he is one of best midfielders in europe is a bit far

This season he's become one of the best midfielders in the epl, that makes him rightnup.there.  He'd pretty much get a game for anyone except barca or real now.  

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

There's been a few pundits in the media saying Scotland need to play more like Livingston did last season...physical, hound opponents into mistakes and hitting on the counter. Gallagher was a big part of that and I would like to see him and Halkett play at the back for Scotland (once Halkett is fit obviously) as I think they'd have a great understanding and bring that mean streak the national side needs.

Livingston still conceded 44 goals in the league last season and finished 9th. We may want to adapt our style to play a bit more aggressively, but I don't think that means we literally have to bring in those Livingston players. Killie conceded 31 goals last season, but I'm not going to suggest bringing in Kirk Broadfoot or Scott Boyd to play alongside Findlay in the play-offs.

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Apart from the 90 he played against St Mirren on 9th November?

Well that changes everything l take it all back, a game against st mirren definitely makes him van basten.

Edited by Kuro

46 minutes ago, Kuro said:

They're much better than the teams naismith has played the last couple of games.  I would say he's a defender's dream, no pace or mobility at all, can't run behjnd.you, will spend all game right in front of you where you can see where he is at all times.  You can step up and press as he has no threat running beyond you, completely ineffective in the air, not very strong, not a prolific goalscorer, not even an out and out centre forward yet that's where we.play.him.  If I was a defender I'd love to be playing against him, he's a total dream.

Compare to mcburnie,.6-3, strong,.mobile, good in the air, can drop off or run behind, rattled 25 last season in the.championship.  Defenders would.be much more worried about.mcburnie.

He is neither of those things. He's a gangly big boy who has average pace and average strength. 

He is good in the air though. 

Our striking options are not great and Mcburnie has shown he can score goals in the championship but he hasn't looked capable in any of the games he has started of being our cf in our style of play. 

I think Naismith is the most intelligent forward we have with clear leadership skills and obviously our manager with his decades in the game thinks so too. 

3 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

He is neither of those things. He's a gangly big boy who has average pace and average strength. 

He is good in the air though. 

Our striking options are not great and Mcburnie has shown he can score goals in the championship but he hasn't looked capable in any of the games he has started of being our cf in our style of play. 

I think Naismith is the most intelligent forward we have with clear leadership skills and obviously our manager with his decades in the game thinks so too. 

He does not have average strenght he's very strong and quite mobile.  Much more so than naismith.  You have no idea why he's picked naismith maybe he thinks mcburnie isn't fully committed.

Edited by Kuro

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

He does not have average strenght he's very strong and quite mobile.  Much more so than naismith.  You have no idea why he's picked naismith maybe he thinks mcburnie isn't fully committed.

Hes lanky, his body shape alone tells you he's probably not very strong. Watching him get pushed off the ball by Russian centre halves confirmed this for me. 

Quite mobile - did you see him on that breakaway towards the end of the Cyprus game? 

The fact he keeps turning up suggests he's committed, so doubt that's the reason. Clarke just appreciates what Naismith brings to the team I would think. 

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

Hes lanky, his body shape alone tells you he's probably not very strong. Watching him get pushed off the ball by Russian centre halves confirmed this for me. 

Quite mobile - did you see him on that breakaway towards the end of the Cyprus game? 

The fact he keeps turning up suggests he's committed, so doubt that's the reason. Clarke just appreciates what Naismith brings to the team I would think. 

3 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

Those russan cbs are monsters.  Do you think naismith would have outmuscled them?

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

Those russan cbs are monsters.  Do you think naismith would have outmuscled them?

No but he's a more intelligent player. He would have released the ball quickly, made clever angles to avoid it becoming a physical battle. 

Mcburnie isnt able to do that at the moment. 

I think there's a place for Mcburnie in the squad, but only when we are swinging crosses in or going direct with ten to go. 

6 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

No but he's a more intelligent player. He would have released the ball quickly, made clever angles to avoid it becoming a physical battle. 

Mcburnie isnt able to do that at the moment. 

I think there's a place for Mcburnie in the squad, but only when we are swinging crosses in or going direct with ten to go. 

How many times have you watched mcburnie?  Though you make your case well tbf. 

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Sheffield United had 20m to spend this summer and they chose not to use it on "Shonklund" or the ghost of Steven Naismith. If only they'd read this forum or talked to some biased Teuchters.

Two years ago naismith scored zero goals and got three games.In the league.mcburnie scored 25 in last season.