Scotland Vs Kazakhstan 19th Nov 2019

Gordopolis

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Just in case we end up with Steve Nicol syndrome or the likes.....

Aye you mean having a player playing for us who is a first choice for one of the biggest clubs in the world?  That'd be shite eh, we don't want that.

Edited by Kuro

12 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Aye you mean having a player playing for us who is a first choice for one of the biggest clubs in the world?  That'd be shite eh, we don't want that.

Ideally we would yes - if it came with the right attitude, fitting into the team setup on and off the park, and actually performing.

I don't for a minute think McTominay cannot tick all these boxes.................but then you have guys like Ryan Fraser, looking like he may well move to the European champions of club football, who plainly is a tad half-arsed about playing for his country.

I wouldn't be completely blinded by what club they play for, or how much they move for - otherwise McBurnie would likely be our shoe-in forward for the next few years.

Edited by tarapoa

Couple of points on Naismith:

1) While he wasn't brilliant last night, I don't think that any of our other options could do what he did do well - and what he does well suits those behind him.
Bigguns like Burke and Phillips don't link up too well; McBurnie hasn't really clicked yet; and Brophy and Shankland may have Naismith's workrate, but I just don't think they'll be as clever as him.
McBurnie's starts have all been in atrocious team performances, so I'd quite like to see what he's like when things are flowing a bit better.

2) Almost everyone was available for these games but Clarke still went with Naismith, so I think that suggests he'll be first choice.

11 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Ideally we would yes - if it came with the right attitude, fitting into the team setup on and off the park, and actually performing.

I don't for a minute think McTominay cannot tick all these boxes.................but then you have guys like Ryan Fraser, looking like he may well move to the European champions of club football, who plainly is a tad half-arsed about playing for his country.

I wouldn't be completely blinded by what club they play for, or how much they move for - otherwise McBurnie would likely be our shoe-in forward for the next few years.

Mcburnie should be our first.choice forward for.the.next few.years and probably will be.  Teams.don't pay.huge.amounts of money for a played cause.they think he's sound.

A dominant display that was rewarded with a comfortable win. For their goal, McKenna probably should have closed him down better, but there’s no way he should be getting blamed for that; it was an absolutely ridiculous strike. That’s two worldies we’ve conceded the past two games, so at least the defence isn’t making an arse of things.

Gallagher put in two comfortable displays so I wouldn’t be against dropping him. If him and McKenna are fit then they start for the play-offs. Not a chance should SOD be touching the RB position if Palmer is fit. Palmer has been much better from what I’ve seen and offers far more attacking. I thought him and McGinn were our best performers last night.

All positives with a somewhat depleted squad. Tierney, Robertson, McTominay and Griffiths all back we’ll pump whoever we draw and then lose the final. Magic.

5 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Mcburnie should be our first.choice forward for.the.next few.years and probably will be.  Teams.don't pay.huge.amounts of money for a played cause.they think he's sound.

RB Leipzig paid a lot of money for Oliver Burke, who is a guy that just runs in a straight line.........and doesn't do much else.

4 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

RB Leipzig paid a lot of money for Oliver Burke, who is a guy that just runs in a straight line.........and doesn't do much else.

So which Scottish striker would you suggest is better than mcburnie?  And if so, why didn't Sheffield United but that player?  Could they not afford him?  Does said played just not want to earn loads of money?

30 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

Do we have any opportunity to line up friendlies before the playoffs? We could really use a couple of games with our strongest team out beforehand, but I suppose all of our best players would just call off again.

Nope, no more international dates in Europe until the play-offs.

4 hours ago, Kuro said:

And just being shit.  He's an albino warlock whose legs deserted him years ago,being him along to unsettle the opposition by looking like an extra out of lord of the rings but don't have him in the squad.

Dear God, clueless   :lol:

John McGinn is by far and away our best player and should be given the armband.

Liam Palmer has solved our right back problem.

Ryan Christie is our most dangerous forward player.

Dec Gallagher strolled it.

Ryan Jack played well.

Callum McGregor is useless.

Scott McKenna should never play for Scotland again.

Guest Moomintroll
I believe so. This is his gimmick is it?
Never let him down yet in any of his incarnations yet, ffs don't start him talking about boxing whatever you do.

Guest DAVIDB69

He shouldn’t be as he is atrocious , teams pay 20 million in england for average players.

7 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

He shouldn’t be as he is atrocious , teams pay 20 million in england for average players.

That's true, but it they wanted any of our other strikers they could buy them no problem , yet they didn't.  No club at that level is interested in naismith or shankland etc.

Edited by Kuro