Scotland Vs Kazakhstan 19th Nov 2019

Gordopolis

I didn't think Naismith was that great last night either, to be honest. You get more of a shift out of him than some of the others, and he's much better at riling people up, winning fouls and all the dark arts, but he was well off the pace in the first half. I thought he linked up better in the second half, but he also missed a couple of really good chances through a lack of composure.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I didn't think Naismith was that great last night either, to be honest. You get more of a shift out of him than some of the others, and he's much better at riling people up, winning fouls and all the dark arts, but he was well off the pace in the first half. I thought he linked up better in the second half, but he also missed a couple of really good chances through a lack of composure.

And just being shit.  He's an albino warlock whose legs deserted him years ago,being him along to unsettle the opposition by looking like an extra out of lord of the rings but don't have him in the squad.

56 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Aye if they're talking utter shite I don't sugar coat it.  Let's be honest mate he plays for fucking man Utd and is becoming one of the best midfielders in Europe so he fuckin stroll into the Scotland team.  I have little patience for drivel, dropped for Ryan Jack jesus Christ.  Do you think man Utd are interested in ryan jack?

So McTominay just strolls into the Scotland team because he plays with Man United, irrelevant of form?

Naismith is the best available option up front for these games coming up, far from ideal and definitely past his best but I just don't see a better Scottish striker who is available. 

McBurnie is dreadful, then you have a list of guys who are short of the mark, Brophy, Shankland, Philips, Burke, Russel. Hopefully we can unearth someone between now and March or Fletcher or Griffiths can return.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Naismith is a good honest guy, he's a very intelligent footballer,  has great work rate and links play pretty well, however the bottom line is that he's not an out and out striker, he's lost his pace and ultimately he's pushing 34 so isn't exactly one for the future. Over and above that he's become pretty injury prone (as often happens to players of that age) so really while still an option as a squad player, I think we really need to be looking elsewhere for the striking berth.

11 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

So McTominay just strolls into the Scotland team because he plays with Man United, irrelevant of form?

Naismith is the best available option up front for these games coming up, far from ideal and definitely past his best but I just don't see a better Scottish striker who is available. 

McBurnie is dreadful, then you have a list of guys who are short of the mark, Brophy, Shankland, Philips, Burke, Russel. Hopefully we can unearth someone between now and March or Fletcher or Griffiths can return.

yes he does that's right.  There's a reason he plays for man utd, and none of our other midfielders are at similar levels.

interesting you talk about form then say naismith must start a game in four months time.

Edited by Kuro

Nah. He scored regularly (15 in 48) but never in a purple patch as prolific as McGinn's. 

Tbf, he was the last player to score in three consecutive games for us until McGinn!!!

2 hours ago, Kuro said:

To you, but you  obviously can't see what's in front of you and aren't in a position to judge.  It's 100% guaranteed mctominay comes straight back in, and so.he should as he's a top player and easily.the best we have.  Also good.chance of Bing next to.Jack not.instead of, you really don't have a scooby.

Cheers mate, that's a good shout.

I've just turned 40, and not played for about 4 years. But I've kept the weight down, I'll get out to the garden and practice.

3 hours ago, Kuro said:

Aye if they're talking utter shite I don't sugar coat it.  Let's be honest mate he plays for fucking man Utd and is becoming one of the best midfielders in Europe so he fuckin stroll into the Scotland team.  I have little patience for drivel, dropped for Ryan Jack jesus Christ.  Do you think man Utd are interested in ryan jack?

ryan jack has played well , why should mctominay walk back in? because you clearly dont like jack thats probably why

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

I would Mctominay ahead of Ryan jack all day long, he's at man utd for a reason. With regards to form, he has been one of the only, if not the only positive thing about man utd this season.

20 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If playing for Manchester United means McTominay is guaranteed a start, I assume that John Fleck also has to be a guaranteed starter as Sheffield United are above them in the league?

Are Sheffield United a better team than Man Utd?

15 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

I would Mctominay ahead of Ryan jack all day long, he's at man utd for a reason. With regards to form, he has been one of the only, if not the only positive thing about man utd this season.

He's been probably their best player this season and is now one of the top midfielders in Europe.