Scotland Vs Kazakhstan 19th Nov 2019

Gordopolis

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Before the past two games I would've said the only nailed down CB spot was for McKenna. However over the course of the two games he looked noticeably more shaky than Gallagher, who I thought looked pretty assured and should really retain his place.

Behave. People’s weird obsession with blaming Mckenna solely for every goal Scotland concede is baffling. Yeah he should have closed the man down quicker but it was a ridiculous strike and there there were multiple mistakes by other players in the lead up to it as well.

Gallagher was just as ropey as Mckenna was against Cyprus  but as none of his mistakes were punished it went unremarked upon. Fact is if it had been Mckenna that headed the ball backwards for Cyprus’s goal he would have been slaughtered for it (I don’t blame Gallagher for the goal either but that’s kind of my point).

Edited by Rodhull

13 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Behave. People’s weird obsession with blaming Mckenna solely for every goal Scotland concede is baffling. Yeah he should have closed down the man down quicker but it was a ridiculous strike and there there were multiple mistakes by other players in the lead up to it as well.

Gallagher was just as ropey as Mckenna was against Cyprus  but as none of his mistakes were punished it went unremarked upon. Fact is if it had been Mckenna that headed the ball backwards for Cyprus’s goal he would have been slaughtered for it.

gallacher hacking the kazakh boy for trying to break forrests leg was great though. nice wee mean streak that the team as a whole has been crying out for since broony retired, every scotland squad needs a no nonsense , snarling b*****d in the team and i say that in the most complimentary way possible

Edited by greenockraver

14 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Behave. People’s weird obsession with blaming Mckenna solely for every goal Scotland concede is baffling. Yeah he should have closed down the man down quicker but it was a ridiculous strike and there there were multiple mistakes by other players in the lead up to it as well.

Gallagher was just as ropey as Mckenna was against Cyprus  but as none of his mistakes were punished it went unremarked upon. Fact is if it had been Mckenna that headed the ball backwards for Cyprus’s goal he would have been slaughtered for it (I don’t blame Gallagher for the goal either but that’s kind of my point).

If we could have the £10M rated McKenna we'd all shut up...

Palmer was impressive. 
McKenna & Gallagher are too immobile for me.  Still need better there IMO. 
Jack is neat and tidy but lacks the Athleticism of a McTominey. If a straight  choice between them then the latter for me. 

Play McGinn in an advanced role or don’t play him at all.
Forrest flatters to deceive for me.

Get Steven Fletcher for March.

Palmer had a great game.

I'd have liked to see Forrest and Christie swap wings on occasion though.

First half was boring, one paced dross. Second half picked up and before Naismith scored he should have had two I can think of.

If McTomminay comes back in, it's for Jack and even then, not guaranteed. He's not shone for Scotland at all.

Centre half area still worrying. Their goal was a mess for us despite the good hit.

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Palmer is miles better than SOD. Even the staunched of Kilmarnock fans must be able to see that. 

O'Donnell has had a great run in the Scotland team - and I think  is still worthy of a call, but yeah Palmer seems the better option at the moment. 

SOD is labouring through a bit of a loss of form at club level, and doesn't look entirely happy. I wouldn't discount the possibility of another huge improvement in the future and another tilt at the RB berth.

Naismith playing as a false 9 worked well. Dropping in deeper to let all the other players a chance to overlap and create.  Think Griffiths and  Christie could maybe play that role aswell if naisy unavailable, would allow Fraser to come back in on a wing aswell.

It's a weird one for Greg Taylor as he's played well again, 2 assists in 2 games but will have  next to no chance of playing if Robertson and/or Tierney are fit.

Palmer was great second half, serious engine, overlapped well and covered when he needed to. SOD can do that aswell but hasn't been the same level this season. Again if Tierney is available i feel he'll play there.

I'd bring back Mctominay for Jack in next games.  While he improved second half just think Mctominay gives a different dynamic, big athletic guy, wins headers, strong and bit more positive. Jack a good option to have though.

Mcginn was exceptional, workrate of the guy is off the charts, he'll be at bigger clubs sooner rather than later. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Palmer had a great game.

I'd have liked to see Forrest and Christie swap wings on occasion though.

First half was boring, one paced dross. Second half picked up and before Naismith scored he should have had two I can think of.

If McTomminay comes back in, it's for Jack and even then, not guaranteed. He's not shone for Scotland at all.

Centre half area still worrying. Their goal was a mess for us despite the good hit.

Lol not guaranteed mctominay comes back in aye right you are then.

Edited by Kuro

I think last night proved once and for all that Naismith is the best current option as the no 9 or false 9. He leads the line so well, links well with the midfielders and wide players, draws crucial fouls in key areas (which leads to goals) and is so intelligent with his hold up play and runs. Aware that its kazahstan and Cyprus and hardly world beaters he is playing against.

A far better option even at this age than McBurnie, Burke, Phillips etc.  If somehow Steven Fletcher reconsiders or Griffiths can have a miraculous recovery then he has to play.

Just now, Stellaboz said:
2 minutes ago, Kuro said:
Lol not guaranteed mctominay comes back in aye right you are one then.

Why? He's been average or poor most of the time.

To you, but you  obviously can't see what's in front of you and aren't in a position to judge.  It's 100% guaranteed mctominay comes straight back in, and so.he should as he's a top player and easily.the best we have.  Also good.chance of Bing next to.Jack not.instead of, you really don't have a scooby.

8 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

I think last night proved once and for all that Naismith is the best current option as the no 9 or false 9. He leads the line so well, links well with the midfielders and wide players, draws crucial fouls in key areas (which leads to goals) and is so intelligent with his hold up play and runs. Aware that its kazahstan and Cyprus and hardly world beaters he is playing against.

A far better option even at this age than McBurnie, Burke, Phillips etc.  If somehow Steven Fletcher reconsiders or Griffiths can have a miraculous recovery then he has to play.

B ollocks he barely touched the ball, can't move.anymore, can't run in behid, it looks like he drops off cause he is so.fuxking slow.play passes him.by the time.he can control it.and turn, he draws fouls cause it takes.him three touches to control a ball and he's far too slow to get away. 

I guarantee you any half decent defence would have the easiest night they'll ever.have against him, he just offers nothing anymore he has.nothing left and is completely done. Very very easy to mark he's constantly in front of you and can't run away from.you.  

His last three goals for Scotland have been easy finishes borne out of luck that a 65 year old joe Jordan buries now and he's sclaffed a couple of them and people think that makes him good.

btw see if he wasn't finished, he wouldn't be at hearts.

Edited by Kuro

To you, but you  obviously can't see what's in front of you and aren't in a position to judge.  It's 100% guaranteed mctominay comes straight back in, and so.he should as he's a top player and easily.the best we have.  Also good.chance of Bing next to.Jack not.instead of, you really don't have a scooby.

Are you always this abusive when you disagree with someone? What a VL, seething teary mess you are.

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Are you always this abusive when you disagree with someone? What a VL, seething teary mess you are.

Aye if they're talking utter shite I don't sugar coat it.  Let's be honest mate he plays for fucking man Utd and is becoming one of the best midfielders in Europe so he fuckin stroll into the Scotland team.  I have little patience for drivel, dropped for Ryan Jack jesus Christ.  Do you think man Utd are interested in ryan jack?

Edited by Kuro