Scotland Vs Kazakhstan 19th Nov 2019

Gordopolis

17 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

7 goals in 6 games. When did we last have a player achieve a streak like that? I'm guessing Denis Law's early years.

Great to see us having a player who doesn't seem overawed at the prospect of scoring prolifically at international level.

Kris Boyd?

That second half performance was excellent, easily the best we’ve played under Clarke and you can see things starting to take shape. Serbia or Norway will obviously be a massive leap in standard of opposition should we make it to the playoff final, but we’ve got something to build on now.

52 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

The three of Forrest, McGinn and Christie behind the striker has a great balance and is just really pleasing to watch - definitely something to be persisted with. McGregor made a huge difference with a much improved performance after half-time, and, even if I still have some reservations about him, Jack also stepped up. Impressed by Palmer again. 

President of the McGregor fan club

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Some hit. It wasn't great by McKenna but that's what you're going to get when you play players of that standard unfortunately.  

I can't imagine Scotland coming back from this. 

2 hours ago, kenny131 said:

It would be outstanding imo

2 decent wins from 2. Got to love it.

Decent performance against a team we should absolutely be beating homr and away so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

On that performance, Palmer is a good option at right back, but i would still like us to try Tierney there to see if he can fit in. 

Naismith is another good option, but dont like him as an out and out striker. He's better linking midfield and attack.

Wasnt as convinced with Jack as others seem to be. Thought he looked good when he played quickly, but too often took 3 or 4 unnecessary touches. That would likely get caught out against better teams. McTominay and McGinn a must in the first XI, but I thought McGregor was better than Jack tonight and is therefore still ahead of him in the pecking order for me.

With Robertson, Cooper and McTominay to come back into the starting team and Tierney, Fraser and hopefully Griffiths to come back into the squad at least, its a decent place to be. 

Bring on the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Decent performance against a team we should absolutely be beating homr and away so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

On that performance, Palmer is a good option at right back, but i would still like us to try Tierney there to see if he can fit in. 

Naismith is another good option, but dont like him as an out and out striker. He's better linking midfield and attack.

Wasnt as convinced with Jack as others seem to be. Thought he looked good when he played quickly, but too often took 3 or 4 unnecessary touches. That would likely get caught out against better teams. McTominay and McGinn a must in the first XI, but I thought McGregor was better than Jack tonight and is therefore still ahead of him in the pecking order for me.

With Robertson, Cooper and McTominay to come back into the starting team and Tierney, Fraser and hopefully Griffiths to come back into the squad at least, its a decent place to be. 

Bring on the playoffs.

wouldnt drop gallagher for cooper after tonight. agree with the rest of that though

Edited by greenockraver

Palmer has given SOD some decent competition. He's been in the doldrums this season, needs to be more cavalier. He's getting there, though. SOD will rise again.

McKenna is your typical big, strong lump but his problem is that he's too 1-dimensional at the moment. Needs a move away from McInnes to reach his full potential. Findlay will take over the left CB role when he's back fit. Findlay is a modern CB: strong, pacey and can play football. McKenna and him might work together, with Findlay reading the game and telling McKenna what to do. Not sure how well he follows orders, though.

Forrest and McGregor were relatively disappointing again. McGregor woke up with about 10 minutes to go and started zipping passes about. Where had that been all game? Mind you, at least they didn't call off. I'm looking at you, Tierney, Robertson and Fraser.   

Taylor, Gallacher, Naismith all did well.

Jack has played himself into contention. He could be the disruptive, hard b*****d we need beside McTominay.

McGinn is an absolute machine. 

Christie could be even better than McGinn.

Great result!

Onwards and upwards!

15 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

wouldnt drop gallagher for cooper after tonight. agree with the rest of that though

Thought Gallagher played well tonight and certainly deserves to be in the squad at least for the playoffs.

McKenna still occasionally gives me Grant Hanley bombscare vibes so I'm not 100% convinced he's the long term solution at centre back.

At least its starting to look like we have half decent options at cb rather than picking the least worst two.