Scotland Vs Kazakhstan 19th Nov 2019

Gordopolis

I reckon that Christie could do a decent job at No.9 (certainly better than the other current choices), he's got the energy and work-rate to press and ball chase, he's comfortable taking possession and carrying the ball, positions himself well in and around the box and is a goal scorer. I have a suspicion that it hasn't been tried through fear of being accused of doing a 4-6-0. even though that was  9 years ago it still seems to hold strong in peoples minds.

Forrest can return to his favoured right-wing and CalMac can fill in on the left for this one, with McLean covering the centre.

Go with Devlin and McKenna purely out of the hope that club familiarity will have some benefit. 

scotlandkazakh-85fbccc387ad433f820a044c78aac0e9.jpg

McArthur was largely unconvincing for Scotland I thought, especially compared to the influence he has at Palace.

I agree, but in talking in styles of play, he is/was the closest thing we have/had to a “spoiler” since Brown!!! Though I’m sure Fleck could probably do okay in that role now if required!!!

Of McArhurs 32 caps I’d be interested to know how many times he actually started in a competitive game to make an influence.

From what I remember Strachan didn’t really fancy him and he had Brown and Fletcher in front of him. A real missed opportunity for a good international career IMO.

On 17/11/2019 at 13:29, craigkillie said:

Usually when people quote ticket prices they quote the actual price of the tickets, not other associated bits and pieces. The booking fee and postage are per order, not per ticket.

That would be the total cost for one person buying one ticket for themself and having it posted out, certainly. But, in practice, very few people buy one ticket for the game, and anyone buying a ticket now would be collecting it at Hampden.

Bullshit.

The price of the ticket is the amount of money you have to hand over to get the ticket. Trying to exclude booking fees because it suits your argument is mental.

The booking fee is ON EVERY TICKET. You could have found that out for yourself. 

9 hours ago, Davie fae Duke Street said:

I reckon that Christie could do a decent job at No.9 (certainly better than the other current choices), he's got the energy and work-rate to press and ball chase, he's comfortable taking possession and carrying the ball, positions himself well in and around the box and is a goal scorer.

scotlandkazakh-85fbccc387ad433f820a044c78aac0e9.jpg

Don't think this would be a bad shout at all. I'd be up for Christie up front.

Plus come March it's the perfect way to get all our best attackers on the pitch.

Forrest right, Fraser left and Christie up front

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Bullshit.

The price of the ticket is the amount of money you have to hand over to get the ticket. Trying to exclude booking fees because it suits your argument is mental.

I can honestly say that nobody I've ever spoken to about ticket prices, for anything, has included the booking fee.  This is quite an unusual thing to get so bent out of shape about - and what is the sum total of this absolute usuary?  £2.50?

The tickets are priced fairly IMO.

The winning formula20191119_073529.jpeg.642c4d273ebc13289cf2bee9b7f354de.jpeg

Not a bad 11 from the players available, but unless McGinn has been taken out the back and shot, there’s no way he’s not starting!!!

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Don't think this would be a bad shout at all. I'd be up for Christie up front.

Plus come March it's the perfect way to get all our best attackers on the pitch.

Forrest right, Fraser left and Christie up front

I've thought about Christie up front before a good few games, but I do wonder if the team at large are intelligent/good enough to play with a "false nine" and if a lot of his effectiveness would be lost playing the game with his back to goal. 

Forrest hasn't been "bad" as such for Scotland lately, but since his 5 goals in 2 games spell last year I'm not sure he's been particularly good either. If all three are fit and available for the playoffs, it would be Fraser on the left, Christie on the right and Forrest on the bench for me.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Bullshit.

I did "find it out for myself" before I replied to your original post. I read it, thought "I'm sure that's not right" and then logged on to the website, where I attempted to buy two tickets for the West Stand at £27. The total transaction price I was quoted was £59, which included £54 for the tickets, a single £3 booking fee and a single £2 postage.

The ticketing portal isn't available any more, but I have just confirmed this by looking at my order for two tickets for the Cyprus game in June.

So maybe before coming on here and MAKING AN ARSE OF YOURSELF, you should follow your own advice and actually "find it out for yourself".

12702507_ScreenShot2019-11-19at10_25_25.png.a99007c728e0b68d5c68b1a5978315b4.png

34 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe said:

I've thought about Christie up front before a good few games, but I do wonder if the team at large are intelligent/good enough to play with a "false nine" and if a lot of his effectiveness would be lost playing the game with his back to goal. 

Forrest hasn't been "bad" as such for Scotland lately, but since his 5 goals in 2 games spell last year I'm not sure he's been particularly good either. If all three are fit and available for the playoffs, it would be Fraser on the left, Christie on the right and Forrest on the bench for me.

It could very well turn out that way, but considering the limited and poor quality options we have just now, I'd say it's worth a try.

I'd say Forrest performed well enough in the Cyprus match there, especially considering he was not on his preferred side and they clearly made efforts to have an extra man on him. He did well in the build up to the second goal. He seems to be held at the bench mark of - if he didn't score then he was poor. Some people do the same with Fraser though.

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

I can honestly say that nobody I've ever spoken to about ticket prices, for anything, has included the booking fee.  This is quite an unusual thing to get so bent out of shape about - and what is the sum total of this absolute usuary?  £2.50?

The tickets are priced fairly IMO.

I think the problem comes in when the SFA try to price tickets at the start of the campaign, but we look at value as the campaign goes on.  Had tonight's game been a qualification clincher, or maybe even a final home game victory lap, the price remains the same as it is in real life, but it starts to look a bit more reasonable.  They also complicate things with their season tickets, meaning there's very little wiggle room if we get to the end of the campaign and suddenly we're utter shite and no-one cares*

I think they made some positive moves to lower prices for this campaign, but I'd still like to see them build something a bit more reactionary next time, so that if it comes to it, they can lower things slightly*

* Although to be honest, I don't think there's much appetite.  I remember posting around the San Marino game that it suits the SFA far more to have a more empty stadium with every ticket priced higher, than a more full one with prices slashed.  At the end of it all, the SFA probably care little about a packed Hampden if it's going to give them less money.  Unfortunately.

13 hours ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Marshall

Palmer. Gallagher McKenna. Taylor

McGinn. McGregor. Fleck

Forrest. McBurnie. Christie

This is what I would play too. Minimal changes from Saturday. We need to think about how we can maximise the striker position and McBurnie is playing at the highest level.

I honestly think folk get bored when saying who they would play. McGregor is as close to a complete midfielder as we have and he's just bossed it against Lazio home and away. But people would drop him for Kenny McLean, a nothing player for a dug shit Norwich team.

On 16/11/2019 at 19:27, tarapoa said:

Play Shinnie, preferably in midfield - he will be looking to get torn into the Kazakhs to exorcise a few ghosts

I've only read as far as this post on the first page but I'm confident there won't be a worse shout on the following 7 pages.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've only read as far as this post on the first page but I'm confident there won't be a worse shout on the following 7 pages.

We should put him where he played in the last game, because lightning doesn't strike twice or something.

2 hours ago, crazylegsjoe said:

I don't think it would get the best out of him either tbh. But our striking options are just so poor.

He's certainly got the pace and stamina to work a defence.

I'm not a celtic fan so not 100% sure, but I think he has played there for them before.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

This is what I would play too. Minimal changes from Saturday. We need to think about how we can maximise the striker position and McBurnie is playing at the highest level.

I honestly think folk get bored when saying who they would play. McGregor is as close to a complete midfielder as we have and he's just bossed it against Lazio home and away. But people would drop him for Kenny McLean, a nothing player for a dug shit Norwich team.

Play with no defence midfielder at all?

After watching Cyprus break onto our defence far to easily, I'd say that's a pretty crap team.

11 hours ago, GordonS said:

Bullshit.

This is nonsense, absolutely nonsense. 

The ticket costs something and that was what was being discussed, why add extras just to trh and prove your point. So say I go and drive to pick up the ticket do we add fuel price on now? Plus more miles on my car means depreciation so we add that? Upto you, mentalist