Scotland Vs Kazakhstan 19th Nov 2019

Gordopolis

23 minutes ago, geo87 said:

I’d keep same team as last yesterday, McKenna a-side everyone was decent enough. Need to stop chopping and changing all the time - need a settled side! (Appreciate it would help if c*nts would stop calling off every 2nd round of fixtures!)

The teams going to change anyway, with Robertson Mctominay Fraser Tierney to come back in.

I agree having a settled side is good, but we have different players who may be better vs different teams. Also either home or away makes a difference.

The teams going to change anyway, with Robertson Mctominay Fraser Tierney to come back in.
I agree having a settled side is good, but we have different players who may be better vs different teams. Also either home or away makes a difference.

Ah - Are all these guys available for Tuesday? Thought they had pulled out of both games.

That’s a positive if that’s the case

For those matches, my club don't charge £32 and £37 on a Tuesday night against really unattractive opposition.
Your club will typically charge the same prices they've charged all season, and most club matches in Scotland are against "unattractive opposition".

If you've paid £32 and £37 for the Scotland game then you've been ripped off too, because the tickets are £27 and £30.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Your club will typically charge the same prices they've charged all season, and most club matches in Scotland are against "unattractive opposition".

If you've paid £32 and £37 for the Scotland game then you've been ripped off too, because the tickets are £27 and £30.

That's before the unavoidable £3 booking fee and the £2 postage (which you can avoid by joining the thousands collecting in person - the one time I did that I missed 20 minutes of the game).

Did you think I hadn't checked? Go see for yourself.

Usually when people quote ticket prices they quote the actual price of the tickets, not other associated bits and pieces. The booking fee and postage are per order, not per ticket.

That would be the total cost for one person buying one ticket for themself and having it posted out, certainly. But, in practice, very few people buy one ticket for the game, and anyone buying a ticket now would be collecting it at Hampden.

36 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Shankland out, Brophy in.

:lol:

So we've got Lewis Morgan, who's played something like 100 minutes domestically this season, and Brophy, who has 2 goals this season, in the squad now.

Great stuff.

With the options we have available I'm starting to think the false 9 might be the pragmatic approach for us for this game and ones in the future too. Forrest, McGinn, Christie interchanging, and plug another man into our sieve-like midfield.

Naismith did okay yesterday but it just feels like he's too injury prone and old to build anything around him, and our other options are misfiring (McBurnie), in a career cul-de-sac (Griffiths), or not quite ready (Shankland)

P.S. I'm not a fan of the false 9 system. I prefer a striker regularly scoring goals in a functioning team, but we've been searching for both of those things to no avail for a good few years now. We had a functioning team for a while at the end of Strachan's reign but striker-wise Kenny Miller was the closest thing to a regular scorer and even then that was pushing the term.

McBurnie surely has to start now. I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt up till now but if he’s shite again on Tuesday the patience will start to wear off.
Why wouldn't Naismith start again? Haven't seen anything suggesting he's not available.

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
27 minutes ago, eez-eh said:
McBurnie surely has to start now. I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt up till now but if he’s shite again on Tuesday the patience will start to wear off.

Why wouldn't Naismith start again? Haven't seen anything suggesting he's not available.

just back from injury , not 100 per cent match fit but he does look like our best no. 9 in the short term

43 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

With the options we have available I'm starting to think the false 9 might be the pragmatic approach for us for this game and ones in the future too. Forrest, McGinn, Christie interchanging, and plug another man into our sieve-like midfield.

Naismith did okay yesterday but it just feels like he's too injury prone and old to build anything around him, and our other options are misfiring (McBurnie), in a career cul-de-sac (Griffiths), or not quite ready (Shankland)

P.S. I'm not a fan of the false 9 system. I prefer a striker regularly scoring goals in a functioning team, but we've been searching for both of those things to no avail for a good few years now. We had a functioning team for a while at the end of Strachan's reign but striker-wise Kenny Miller was the closest thing to a regular scorer and even then that was pushing the term.

I think Naismith is our best option in the short term but going with a '' false no. 9 '' brings back nightmares of  4 - 6 - 0