Cyprus vs Scotland - Donner Kebabs vs Haggis Suppers

jagfox

12 minutes ago, charger29 said:

There're are obviously arbitrary lines drawn by UEFA in order to create a format for a competition. Not sure you can use them to split nations into tiers based on performance.

Iceland are clearly not in the same tier as France. Bosnia & Herzegovina are clearly not in the same tier as Italy.

That's how tiers in football usually work. Celtic and Hamilton are in the same tier. Liverpool and Brighton are in the same tier.

57 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Bigoted for hoping we get pumped at football....that's a new 1. 

I find amusing when we get stuffed so as you would expect I.m happy lots

I wish you focused more on your grammar instead of worrying about the national team losing.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

The problem now is club takes priority over country and this goes for the mind set of supporters as well. Being a supporter of any club or the country you are born in and live in is a personal thing, a personal choice which is your own and shouldn't be defined by what others think. Why don't you defend players that play for your club playing for your country if they have done nothing wrong. Roasting a player just because of the club he plays for while playing for Scotland is complete fuckwittery and yes showing prejudice. If its Rangers then the Scotland team has had historical successes with Rangers players having a key role going back decades.

I'm old enough to remember when the clubs supporters used to set aside their differences to support the national team and not care which team the players played for. So much anger nowadays.

before the sixties ? When Rangers supporters chanted '' Henderson '' at Jimmy Johnstone ?

2 hours ago, swing_kinker said:

Was gonna say we have a history of struggling against them with Souness etc in the team. Don’t say that though because before 2000 every player was amazing and constantly smashed every team going and totally never embarrassed us at all no sir. 

The same Souness who was averse to tracking back the opposition's runners ?

Jack has been in top 5,maybe even the best player in scotland this season.if you think he is shite then you know fuckal about football.

I recall The Rat being decent for us - even being “linked” with moves to Napoli or Roma (the latter along with Tielemans if I recall) around 2015 time.

According to the Glasgow Press he’s somehow only developed the ability to play football recently.

That's how tiers in football usually work. Celtic and Hamilton are in the same tier. Liverpool and Brighton are in the same tier.
Their can be tiers within tiers. Also sometimes tiers can just be an opinion of how you group teams and not always based on tables/seedings/specific tournament formats.

Don't know where I'd put Scotland. Nations League has us at 21st in Europe & Fifa rankings has us at 29th in Europe. I'd say the fifa rankings are more reflective of where we are. A tier with the likes of Hungary & Slovenia. Good enough to consistently get 3rd/4th places in qualifying by beating the lower tier nations at home but not good enough in any away games to consistently challenge for places at final tournaments.

2 minutes ago, swing_kinker said:

Willie Miller managing to criticise the defence while picking out Palmer and Taylor and pretty much ignoring his hero McKenna....don’t think Palmer did much wrong

Sorry but he was not close enough to their goalscorer scoring