Cyprus vs Scotland - Donner Kebabs vs Haggis Suppers

jagfox

The defence, particularly the centre halves, looked like it was the first time they had played together (as it was). Gallagher in particular needs to be more aware of where his defensive partners are but as it’s debut you cannot be too harsh. I pity Clarke as he’s not been able to have a consistent selection with drop outs/ injuries and the fact that many his options aren’t up to much.

Christie was the pick of the attacking players. Our 2 more holding players, Jack and McGregor failed to dominate their Cypriots counterparts however this has been the case for quite some time no matter the pairing. Suspect it’s just the overall decline in quality of player we have available to us. McGinn continues to show good timing to get on the end of chances but would like to see him contribute a bit more to our overall play.

The ref had stinker between the Efrem shot then booking Taylor for getting kicked while not sending on the Cypriot number 6.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Willie Miller is getting stuck into Palmer for some reason.  I can't think why.

Gallagher did fine.  I'm not sure he's really a long term option, but he did okay against limited opposition.

Neil McCann joining in now too, saying can't believe Stephen O'Donnell dropped for him - utterly bizarre...

Will certainly take that. Thought both the fullbacks were as good as the two centre backs were poor.  Christie and Mcginn were good again. By far our best attacking threats. Mcburnie is a worry again. I still have no idea what sort of role he’s meant to be playing. 

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Will certainly take that. Thought both the fullbacks were as good as the two centre backs were poor.  Christie and Mcginn were good again. By far our best attacking threats. Mcburnie is a worry again. I still have no idea what sort of role he’s meant to be playing. 

Headless chicken roll.

9 minutes ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

For every imaginable temperature? Good for you, Partridge : come to the front of the class!

Nah, not every imaginable one, but having some idea - you know 'multiply by 2 and add around 30'  (or its reverse) that kind of thing shouldn't be beyond young Ali.

I actually suspect it's possibly time I let this subject drop.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Headless chicken roll.

At least the headless chicken tends to chase after the defenders and close them down. Mcburnie manages to make himself look too knackered to do that within ten minutes of coming on. Also, can’t afford to have Burke on and give someone else the headless chicken role.

45 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

This isn’t really a debate, the UK officially moved away from Fahrenheit in the 1960’s and now only relics use it. 

Crocker should not be using Fahrenheit as a measure of temperature because very few of the viewers will know what he’s talking about, but it’s really not a big deal, so I’ll let you go bore the tits off someone else. 

43 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Your appreciation of the timescale is ludicrously inaccurate.  Laughable in fact.

1965 actually. However, it was all a bit "bitsy". Joining the EU concentrated minds somewhat, but imperial units (on foodstuffs for instance) has never been abolished by law.

When I started studying in 1970, the building trade was in the process of going metric. Today, people - many of whom weren't born in 1980, let alone 1970 - still refer to pieces of timber as 4 x 2 and 3 x inch and a half or 5" moulded skirting, a 2'6 x 6'6" door, etc.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Mind when the consensus on here was that McGinn wasn't good enough because he was playing in the second tier of Scottish football. Kamberi.png.949c132c31af2eaea4a64ea3614d0c94.png

Well he wasn't at that point tbf.  He is now, that's why he isn't playing in the second tier of Scottish football anymore .

32 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Tierney???? Hahaha.

I’d give a fully fit Tierney a game over Robertson at the moment. Robertson has been pretty poor for Scotland apart from the goal against Cyprus.

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

Fair enough I shall let you enjoy today's  brilliant away win but will be back for the inevitable humping in the play offs to crow with delight. 

What a sad pathetic little man you are.  Rangers died btw lol.  That's never going to stop being funny.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:
42 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:
It was what it was a hard fought win against a team of similar standing to ourselves .

I'm afraid we're actually two tiers above them. Second tier nation v fourth tier nation.

I'm not sure we're second tier tbh.  3rd v 5th imo.

Good result. If we had conceded a last minute goal it would have blown away the tiny scraps of belief we have built over the last 180 mins.

Agree with most other opinions. Just to add:
Forrest looked very composed and threatening, choosing his runs and passes wisely - very much a player at his peak.
McBurnie? I don't think he suits the team and pressing approach we used today. If Clarke is going to continue to have us play this way then I'd rather have a nippy forward than him, £20m or not. But Naismith is a stop-gap, Griffiths is quite possibly done, Fletcher has obviously chucked it and Shankland is still a bit of an unknown (would be great if he got a big and successful move in January)

Anyway, it'd be great if we absolutely f*cked Kazakhstan on Tuesday. We won't, but it'd be great.