Cyprus vs Scotland - Donner Kebabs vs Haggis Suppers

jagfox

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

I've been one of the people defending mcburnie.

I take it all back, he's absolutely useless. How did he get on in front of Shankland?

Scrappy crappy win, but it's a win.

Hopefully with Tierney Fraser and Mctominay to come back in we can get better.

Tierney???? Hahaha.

I can't believe I'm about to agree with Willie Miller here but, Cyprus certainly had the better chances than we did.  Clinging on for a win against a team like Cyprus shows how far we have dropped of late and that was not exactly the most inspiring win.

Felt Christie was the outstanding performer for us, although I thought Liam Palmer had a really good game at right back and John McGinn put in a real shift.  But that defence is a huge concern, McKenna in particular was an absolute bombscare.  Conceding stupid free kicks like he did not only cost us a goal but nearly cost us late on as well.  Gallagher done alright and merits another go against Kazhakstan but not sure if long term he's any kind of solution.

Up front is also really concerning, thought Naismith battled hard but didn't look threatening, while McBurnie was awful when he came on, not sure why Shankland didn't come on ahead of him, but hey ho.

Hopefully a morale booster against Kazhakstan on Tuesday but the play-offs worry me

Pretty good result considering the call offs. Was impressed with Gallagher, Christie and Palmer.

Not convinced McGregor or McKenna should be starting if we have all options available. Yet to see either play to their much heralded ability for Scotland.

28 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes but only 5% of the population must be over 30.

PS. I'm not entirely sure you're right about the weather forecasts.  The point definitely stands though.  

So how come the Brexit vote resulted in Leave?

4 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Pretty good result considering the call offs. Was impressed with Gallagher, Christie and Palmer.

Not convinced McGregor or McKenna should be starting if we have all options available. Yet to see either play to their much heralded ability for Scotland.

Willie Miller is getting stuck into Palmer for some reason.  I can't think why.

Gallagher did fine.  I'm not sure he's really a long term option, but he did okay against limited opposition.

Wow. A win over little Cyprus in a meaningless game. Couldn’t keep a clean sheet and got out of jail with the “goal” that wasn’t given. So what if we finish 3rd in the league - does that get us qualification? No. Just another glorious Scotland failure.
And what would have been success tonight then? We beat a team above us in our group away from home. Should we have beaten them 8 nil as they are 'only cyprus'?

Just want to back up what Big Chief Toffee Teeth said; McKenna is a Rank Bajin, it baffles me that anyone other than Scott McKenna himself could try to claim he is worth 5 million. He's just a big lump, a brainless haddie at this level.  Forrest ignored Taylor's runs all first half, finally gives him the ball and Greg puts in a good cross for McGinn to finish well.  Not a pretty performance at all, but good 3 points. Hopefully someone other than McBurnie will start against the Kazakhs as well, wasn't very impressed with him when he came on.

Edited by David Merdy's Boots