Stranraer game this saturday

Given that I am missing a TV extravaganza of the Cyprus match, I wonder how many others are heading down to Stranraer. We have had a good run against them in the most recent period but I can remember some poor stuff (from our point of view) before that. We have improved recently and I would think that we are a better team than the one which won easily at the end of last season. I also know that Stranraer beat Clyde 3-0 last week so maybe it will be a tougher task than many would guess. We probably could have lost the drawn game earlier. Is the cold weather likely to affect any cancellation risk and is Jamie Hamill still playing? 

Win against Clyde aside it looks like Stranraer have improved a bit of late (as Airdrie have) with draws at East Fife and against Dumbarton follwed by a narrow loss to Montrose. Thay said, again like Airdrie, their home record is poor. 

I think I'd call it as a narrow Airdrie win - draw no bet - for Airdrie to go top of the league on Saturday night 🙂

It is important that the team do not become complacent after last week. There is no easy games in this league and no disrespect to Stranraer but we need to be beating Them home and away. In theory beating Falkirk was the hard part just need to make it count by winning tomorrow. Going top of the league will give the club a huge boost of confidence and hopefully the players react to that by holding on to it. 

37 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

As ayr aint playing this weekend .I'm being dragged down to stranraer too visit the birds family .might go along too this .As an ayr fan i really struggling to decide what end to go in hmmm .😁

Airdrie end obviously we are the nicest warm hearted amusing and optimistic fans around... and the banter is good we as a club don't swear shout or make gestures towards out team or management 100% behind the SFA I'm I cheery not abusive fan no matter how bad our team play!!!

Edited by Eric the half a b

6 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Airdrie end obviously we are the nicest warm hearted amusing and optimistic fans around... and the banter is good we as a club don't swear shout or make gestures towards out team or management 100% behind the SFA I'm I cheery not abusive fan no matter how out team play!!!

Aye that's true .Ayr and airdrie fans have a good relationship .hand shakes and scarf swaps whenever we play each other.

6 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Aye that's true .Ayr and airdrie fans have a good relationship .hand shakes and scarf swaps whenever we play each other.

Shared a few jovial days... all in good fun obviously. Defo better in the Airdrie side we can be misunderstood sometimes real nice people at heart 

23 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I wondered if I had made a post that had no response so welcome to fans from any other clubs, even Ayr United.  

I thought we just about deserved to win since we did have shots at goal. The first half was quite scrappy from both sides with the ball in the air regularly and no one quite getting passing moves. The only threat from Stranraer was a n occasional cross into the bar area which Hutton palmed well away. Our only good move of that half was a great run and pass by Roberts to Gallagher. It looked a goal all the way but I am sure a bobble took it just past the post. Possession was fairly even  and the home team did move a wee bit better. I quite liked their no 6 and the left back meant Callum Smith had a fair shift in defence. What Stranraer lacked was much threat up front and it looks like a long season of fighting with Forfar etc at the bottom end, but of course this is a weird League.

You have to say it was an "!ugly" win but that is a hard venue. The same team appeared for the third game in a row and the same formation and subs.. Murray was as animated as I have seen him especially at some strange decision or  lack off by the Ref, and  Murray  had an Airdrie tammy on! Top of the League for the time being. Who would have said that 6 weeks ago? No failures today again and the players went over to the fans at the end. The chant of " we're going up....." might be hyperbole but optimism rules the head.  And I got the Scotland score correct! On to the Coatbridge san siro.

8 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Who is it that videos the highlights for your games because he/she was fucking hopeless half the players kicking the balls were missing out the shots emoji23.png

If you think it's hard to watch, try editing it 20+ times a season 😬