Cowdenbeath v QP

All this outrage from the Cowden fans. Come on; your game is a physical one and you're doing very well on it. The irony of you complaining about anyone is off the spectrum.

You had 6 players and a coach booked, another sent off and your manager involved in a tunnel incident. Your no. 6 had a charmed life to stay on the park. Special award to the keeper for recovering from his leg injury to break Usain Bolt's 100m record to give it a massive GIRUY to the QP fans. What'll he be like in a big game if you win?

We had 56% possession but didn't manage to trouble the keeper, other than Davie Galt's efforts off the bar. We got sucked into nonsense rather than play the ball to feet.

The referee should have cracked down on things earlier.

We all move on.

5 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

What'll he be like in a big game if you win?

Can you send on the list of games fans and players are allowed to celebrate please? Clearly you are allowed to celebrate winning "big games" but what about medium games? What defines these games as well. Just so I know and do go making a fool of myself by celebrating a tiny game, how embarrassed would I be.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

David Cox not leading the way with the most bookings in the league (6) and equal first for red cards (1).

I get that he has his demons but he can't keep this up on the pitch for us. 

Only 7 players in the league have had 5 or more bookings so far this season.  Cox, Miller, Todd and Buchanan for us :lol: 

That isn't great reading and will no doubt cost us financially. What is frustrating is that Cox, Miller and probably Buchanan will have picked up the majority of these bookings for needless things. We don't have a big enough squad to deal with a list of suspensions.

Cox needs dropped even when available again. This is Allan's chance to shine.

31 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

All this outrage from the Cowden fans. Come on; your game is a physical one and you're doing very well on it. The irony of you complaining about anyone is off the spectrum.

You had 6 players and a coach booked, another sent off and your manager involved in a tunnel incident. Your no. 6 had a charmed life to stay on the park. Special award to the keeper for recovering from his leg injury to break Usain Bolt's 100m record to give it a massive GIRUY to the QP fans. What'll he be like in a big game if you win?

We had 56% possession but didn't manage to trouble the keeper, other than Davie Galt's efforts off the bar. We got sucked into nonsense rather than play the ball to feet.

We all move on.

Where is the outrage? It was a crazy game with a crazy ref and we got the three points. I found it all bemusing and a bit of a laugh. We aren't annoyed at the ref or QP for our red card, we are frustrated by our player. As you are no doubt with your lad that got himself sent off as well.

3 hours ago, Chester Desmond said:

The ref lost control early doors, which ultimately resulted in the two daft sendings off.  Didn't see the QP offence due to a 'no smoking' sign obscuring my view, but from what those who did see it Finnie couldn't have any argument.  Some debut.  Some folks here saying QP deliberately targeted Cox, but from my highly biased viewpoint it seemed to me that he was desperate to get needlessly involved in every incident.  

Other than the first 15 minutes or so Cowden did to Queen's what they've done pretty consistently most times we've played since we relegated them in 2016 and bullied us out the game.  That's by no means a criticism, its very effective and something we could do with.  That Queen's didn't create a chance from open play in the 40 minutes or so against 10 men was very disappointing and indicative of how poor a performance it was.  Great defensive display from Cowden in the second half though.  Never gave our players any time on the ball in their half.  Despite hitting the bar twice I don't have any complaints about the result, although I still can't believe that Galt's free-kick didn't go in.

Comedy stuff at the end.  Not a particularly dignified reaction from the Cowden keeper but hilarious none the less.  Wonder what he'd do if he won a particularly important game.  Someone earlier in the thread asked why he reacted like that, essentially he'd got a bit stick when he went down in the first half.  Nothing unusual, but it seemed to get under his skin.  f**k knows what happened when the players went off.  A QP player's family were alleging a headbutt.  I didn't see anything but they seemed fairly animated.  I doubt we'll hear anymore about it.

A pretty disappointing day out.

Pretty much this.

11 bookings and two red cards overall shows that both team were getting stuck in plenty. Of course I would never admit this during the match as I am completely biased over the 90 minutes but on reflection I don't see why some fans from both clubs are being so hypocritical. David Cox is an exception though, don't think I've seen a game he's played where he's not up to something daft. You could see his red card coming a mile.   

re the keeper incident after the whistle. He was getting a bit of stick off us first half because we thought he was feigning injury. He must have been injured though as he hobbled about most of the second half and stopped taking goal kicks . Or it was tremendous time wasting ( the sort I loved us doing when Gus was in charge)  Which was why I was surprised to see him forget his injury and bolt straight for our support at the final whistle. I was down giving him plenty of abuse back so fair enough, all part of the pantomime.  A couple of our bench got involved at this point and I saw Little and Bollan squaring up which then descended into the usual handbags between lots of bodies on the way into the tunnel area. Classic Scottish football stramash.

As for the game, yet another against Cowdenbeath where we failed to turn in a decent performance.  Mark Roberts' interview sums it up. They are definitely our bogey team. I thought the early offside call for our disallowed goal looked very tight indeed but apart from a couple of moments from Galt - one a pretty incredible effort from the free kick - we didn't deserve much. Our keeper also had a great save at the end  to stop them making it two. 

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We all move on.

The facts are that Cowdenbeath had 7 players booked - two were for challenges on an opponent - of the rest 3 were for unsporting behaviour and 2 for delaying the restart of play.  Queens had  6 cautions  - 5 of which were for challenges and tackles on an opponent and one for unsporting behaviour.  One player each was sent off due to violent conduct. 

Edited by Cowden Cowboy
Correction

4 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Pretty much this.

11 bookings and two red cards overall shows that both team were getting stuck in plenty. Of course I would never admit this during the match as I am completely biased over the 90 minutes but on reflection I don't see why some fans from both clubs are being so hypocritical. David Cox is an exception though, don't think I've seen a game he's played where he's not up to something daft. You could see his red card coming a mile.   

re the keeper incident after the whistle. He was getting a bit of stick off us first half because we thought he was feigning injury. He must have been injured though as he hobbled about most of the second half and stopped taking goal kicks . Or it was tremendous time wasting ( the sort I loved us doing when Gus was in charge)  Which was why I was surprised to see him forget his injury and bolt straight for our support at the final whistle. I was down giving him plenty of abuse back so fair enough, all part of the pantomime.  A couple of our bench got involved at this point and I saw Little and Bollan squaring up which then descended into the usual handbags between lots of bodies on the way into the tunnel area. Classic Scottish football stramash.

As for the game, yet another against Cowdenbeath where we failed to turn in a decent performance.  Mark Roberts' interview sums it up. They are definitely our bogey team. I thought the early offside call for our disallowed goal looked very tight indeed but apart from a couple of moments from Galt - one a pretty incredible effort from the free kick - we didn't deserve much. Our keeper also had a great save at the end  to stop them making it two. 

A reasonable summary - on the keeper front I think Queens clattered him a couple of times early on and Queens I think had the first two bookings so I had the felling they had come out with a plan to get stuck in. 

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

A reasonable summary - on the keeper front I think Queens clattered him a couple of times early on and Queens I think had the first two bookings so I had the felling they had come out with a plan to get stuck in. 

I have no problem with us getting stuck in. I was more concerned that we didn't produce any decent football alongside it, certainly in comparison to the previous two weeks. I do appreciate that Cowdenbeath are a far superior team to Stennie and Brechin however we should have done far better playing against 10 men for most of the second half. Your defending was impressive though.    

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We all move on.

Whats the point in that if you can't score our 44% obviously proved to be more productive. Only stat that matters is how many goals you score/concede. When was the last time QP scored against Cowden inopen play.

The ref was well out of his depth. As much control of the game as someones bowel after a strong curry.

Whats the point in that if you can't score our 44% obviously proved to be more productive. Only stat that matters is how many goals you score/concede. When was the last time QP scored against Cowden inopen play.
The ref was well out of his depth. As much control of the game as someones bowel after a strong curry.

11 v 10 should obviously be dominating possession

I agree with an earlier comment about QP and it's shamateurism. High time we brought the whisper to a shout.

On a quid pro quo basis, seeing as there's so much love on this thread, when will Cowdenbeath drop the "Football" from their club title. Never witnessed anything close to football at Central Park. And if you're looking for some fundraising ideas guys, maybe open up the field as a kids petting zoo with barnyard animals and the like. Have a barn dance in the away stand. Maybe a kids club called Baboonimation with the big goalie doing the dancing lessons. Or maybe have Gary Bam tell stories of his time as an actor in Dr. Who. Oh yes, fun times ahead!

Image result for Sontaran dr who monsters       Image result for gary bollan

Bam                                                                            Sontaran

33 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Never witnessed anything close to football at Central Park.                                                      

Correct me if I’m wrong but did your lot not win the league at Central Park? Must have been football played that day... so not only are you about as entertaining as a birthday party in Pizza Express with a royal you’re also an idiot. 

8 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Even David Galt? Shut up

Ok then. He gets off with it. No Glesga kiss for him. He must make you so proud.

9 starting total hatchet men and 3 sub total hatchet men

10 hours ago, an86 said:

Absolutely no problem with the keeper, although I was giving him pelters at the time. "GIRUY" is one of the finest aspects of the game. 

I have no problem with players giving stick back. It's funny when they do and usually fair enough. Our very own Fraser Mullen gave one of our fans a mouthful recently after being on the receiving end of some abuse. Great stuff.

Was a funny moment from Dubrowski.Sprinting half the length of the pitch( where was the limp?)  and giving it large to the away fans. Then he looked over his shoulder and saw two Queens players with steam coming  out their ears heading towards him. He tried to beat a hasty retreat to the dressing room while at the same time milking the applause from the home fans. Don't really know whether he made it unscathed or not.

10 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

David Cox not leading the way with the most bookings in the league (6) and equal first for red cards (1).

I get that he has his demons but he can't keep this up on the pitch for us. 

Only 7 players in the league have had 5 or more bookings so far this season.  Cox, Miller, Todd and Buchanan for us :lol: 

I like Coxy. He is entertaining to watch, although not always for the right reasons. He is like a Tasmanian devil or an angry little bear, like Ted in the fight scenes. He gets away with a lot more than others do. He almost costs us points, but I wouldn't change him. It would be boring if he wasn't there.

I agree with an earlier comment about QP and it's shamateurism. High time we brought the whisper to a shout.
On a quid pro quo basis, seeing as there's so much love on this thread, when will Cowdenbeath drop the "Football" from their club title. Never witnessed anything close to football at Central Park. And if you're looking for some fundraising ideas guys, maybe open up the field as a kids petting zoo with barnyard animals and the like. Have a barn dance in the away stand. Maybe a kids club called Baboonimation with the big goalie doing the dancing lessons. Or maybe have Gary Bam tell stories of his time as an actor in Dr. Who. Oh yes, fun times ahead!
s4_04_wal_12.jpg%26purpose=Computer%2520wallpaper%26summary=Up-close%2520and%2520personal.%26info=%26tag_file_id=s4_04_wal_12&key=e7d3684f3564741c58e59a0a429e6b07951a570a49ae9983aec7748208ea47fa       images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHLsRTbycru-AfsV9Wxpe5oD_CBFQba9Q6vsIff0t0fqJe6uC5%26s&key=6dd31833fb04a6a5977ba092f36fdc648271e22b37911d0781d4be3729dc5b1c
                             Bam                                                                            Sontaran
Word salad. Dear oh dear.

1 minute ago, iateallthepies said:

Was a funny moment from Dubrowski.Sprinting half the length of the pitch( where was the limp?)  and giving it large to the away fans. Then he looked over his shoulder and saw two Queens players with steam coming  out their ears heading towards him. He tried to beat a hasty retreat to the dressing room while at the same time milking the applause from the home fans. Don't really know whether he made it unscathed or not.

I thought he went into the new stand and started celebrating with the fans before heading to the dressing room.