Cowdenbeath v QP

Thugs. Ref caused it in the first place. Surprised it finished 10 v 10.

Other than cracking the bar twice QP offered nothing but violence.

Cowden like last week should have killed it off but today didnt pay the price.

Would loved to have been a fly on the wall in the tunnel after the game.

Agree with comments about QP 5 and keeper but Hamilton was MOM for me despite Buchanan having a good game.

Special mention for Todd’s mazy.

6 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Thugs. Ref caused it in the first place. Surprised it finished 10 v 10.

Other than cracking the bar twice QP offered nothing but violence.

Cowden like last week should have killed it off but today didnt pay the price.

Would loved to have been a fly on the wall in the tunnel after the game.

Agree with comments about QP 5 and keeper but Hamilton was MOM for me despite Buchanan having a good game.

Special mention for Todd’s mazy.

QP have always been like that " poor amateurs " Smith got a rough time today and the kick, right in front of the ref at the end was outrageous.

Men against wee guys, sadly. Bullied again. You need a nasty streak and a qualification in the dark arts if you're going to get anywhere in this league. We have some good players, but we don't have the sort of characters who won't take any shite. 

Queen's Park were an absolute gang both on and off the park. Where have all those angry fans come from normally just a bunch of sweety paper russslers they were almost as bad as Clyde fans with their seeth.

Quite dirty on the park as well with a nigly tacke about every couple of minutes they remind me of West junior teams with that style.

Cox was silly played into their hands for his red card they were trying to get him to go off on one all game and it eventually worked.

Now that they have abolished their shamateur status QP are just your run of the mill lower league cloggers. 

7 unbeaten games in a row against them now and now over 11 years since they won at Central Park.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Didn't realise we were playing a bunch of choir boys yesterday.

Cox didn't need any winding up from the Queen's players, he was on a different planet from the off. There were no QP players winding him up to launch a tirade at the referee after his yellow.

If we ever manage to beat Cowden again god knows what they will be like if that's what they're like after a win.

The ref lost control early doors, which ultimately resulted in the two daft sendings off.  Didn't see the QP offence due to a 'no smoking' sign obscuring my view, but from what those who did see it Finnie couldn't have any argument.  Some debut.  Some folks here saying QP deliberately targeted Cox, but from my highly biased viewpoint it seemed to me that he was desperate to get needlessly involved in every incident.  

Other than the first 15 minutes or so Cowden did to Queen's what they've done pretty consistently most times we've played since we relegated them in 2016 and bullied us out the game.  That's by no means a criticism, its very effective and something we could do with.  That Queen's didn't create a chance from open play in the 40 minutes or so against 10 men was very disappointing and indicative of how poor a performance it was.  Great defensive display from Cowden in the second half though.  Never gave our players any time on the ball in their half.  Despite hitting the bar twice I don't have any complaints about the result, although I still can't believe that Galt's free-kick didn't go in.

Comedy stuff at the end.  Not a particularly dignified reaction from the Cowden keeper but hilarious none the less.  Wonder what he'd do if he won a particularly important game.  Someone earlier in the thread asked why he reacted like that, essentially he'd got a bit stick when he went down in the first half.  Nothing unusual, but it seemed to get under his skin.  f**k knows what happened when the players went off.  A QP player's family were alleging a headbutt.  I didn't see anything but they seemed fairly animated.  I doubt we'll hear anymore about it.

A pretty disappointing day out.

Edited by Chester Desmond

14 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

The ref lost control early doors, which ultimately resulted in the two daft sendings off.  Didn't see the QP offence due to a 'no smoking' sign obscuring my view, but from what those who did see it Finnie couldn't have any argument.  Some debut.  Some folks here saying QP deliberately targeted Cox, but from my highly biased viewpoint it seemed to me that he was desperate to get needlessly involved in every incident.  

Other than the first 15 minutes or so Cowden did to Queen's what they've done pretty consistently most times we've played since we relegated them in 2016 and bullied us out the game.  That's by no means a criticism, its very effective and something we could do with.  That Queen's didn't create a chance from open play in the 40 minutes or so against 10 men was very disappointing and indicative of how poor a performance it was.  Great defensive display from Cowden in the second half though.  Never gave our players any time on the ball in their half.  Despite hitting the bar twice I don't have any complaints about the result, although I still can't believe that Galt's free-kick didn't go in.

Comedy stuff at the end.  Not a particularly dignified reaction from the Cowden keeper but hilarious none the less.  Wonder what he'd do if he won a particularly important game.  Someone earlier in the thread asked why he reacted like that, essentially he'd got a bit stick when he went down in the first half.  Nothing unusual, but it seemed to get under his skin.  f**k knows what happened when the players went off.  A QP player's family were alleging a headbutt.  I didn't see anything but they seemed fairly animated.  I doubt we'll hear anymore about it.

A pretty disappointing day out.

I don’t think it’s worthwhile trying to understand anything any goalkeeper does.

they are all mad.

David Cox not leading the way with the most bookings in the league (6) and equal first for red cards (1).

I get that he has his demons but he can't keep this up on the pitch for us. 

Only 7 players in the league have had 5 or more bookings so far this season.  Cox, Miller, Todd and Buchanan for us :lol: