Cowdenbeath v QP

I decided to turn up out of curiosity since I'd never been to Cowdenbeath before. Some observations.

1) For a team of gentlemen amateurs who play for the love of the game, Queen's Park do run a healthy line in professional fouls, dives, needling the opposition players into losing discipline, and moving the ball a few yards upfield when taking free kicks and the ref's not looking. Their gamesmanship is definitely professional quality already. I approve.

2) Central Park isn't as dismal as I was expecting from the reputation it has. It's definitely on the shabby side, but it is unusual and has a ton of quirks. I'm still not sure whether the fence is there for the motor racing or to separate the fans and players, eighties-style. Why was Hib's own Kev Dabrowski goading the QP fans at the end?

3) Cowdenbeath - both players and fans - rage and seethe a lot when they're a goal up. What must they be like when they're losing?

4) Cowdenbeath - the town - looks like a grim place to live. Can't remember ever seeing a high street anywhere else that has prominent buildings which are not only boarded up, but which don't even have a roof.

5) From the buildup, I was expecting a dismal 0-0 draw with apathetic players in front of apathetic fans. I wasn't expecting a 13-card shame game , but I'll take it. Good entertainment for a neutral, and the only thing missing was a last minute equaliser to set the crowd raging again.

All in all, a good day out at the fitba'. Would recommend.

9 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I decided to turn up out of curiosity since I'd never been to Cowdenbeath before. Some observations.

1) For a team of gentlemen amateurs who play for the love of the game, Queen's Park do run a healthy line in professional fouls, dives, needling the opposition players into losing discipline, and moving the ball a few yards upfield when taking free kicks and the ref's not looking. Their gamesmanship is definitely professional quality already. I approve.

2) Central Park isn't as dismal as I was expecting from the reputation it has. It's definitely on the shabby side, but it is unusual and has a ton of quirks. I'm still not sure whether the fence is there for the motor racing or to separate the fans and players, eighties-style. Why was Hib's own Kev Dabrowski goading the QP fans at the end?

3) Cowdenbeath - both players and fans - rage and seethe a lot when they're a goal up. What must they be like when they're losing?

4) Cowdenbeath - the town - looks like a grim place to live. Can't remember ever seeing a high street anywhere else that has prominent buildings which are not only boarded up, but which don't even have a roof.

5) From the buildup, I was expecting a dismal 0-0 draw with apathetic players in front of apathetic fans. I wasn't expecting a 13-card shame game , but I'll take it. Good entertainment for a neutral, and the only thing missing was a last minute equaliser to set the crowd raging again.

All in all, a good day out at the fitba'. Would recommend.

I take it you're talking about the  old Crown Hotel (without roof). Unfortunately it's been like that for years. I was reading somewhere that it could be gone for good soon. Not before time as it's an eyesore. As for the rage and seethe, well we are a passionate lot and when there's something to hold on to we are quite vocal. Thanks for visiting, haste ye back.

Edited by onecowden

Despite his howler of a cross field pass, thought Queens Park no 5( jamieson ?) looked a really good player in the making. Trialist keeper did well too. A close game, and a really gutsy win for us.Hamilton did well in midfield and everybody put in a shift.Cox's reputation goes before him and there's no doubt the Queens players targeted him but we can't go on like this. To get booked, and then get sent off before play has even restarted is ridiculous Dubrowski's antics at the end were a bit out but the ensuing mayhem was mental. All good fun though

I like Jordan Allan and don't think he was getting enough minutes this season, which made me think he was carrying injury still, when he come in, he couldnt get into the games and looked off the pace, despite the good movement, thats good news hes not out too long,  he definitely knows where the net is, when on his game, hows connelly being doing on loan? maybe good time to bring him back or let him continue with that team, if in form

40 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Despite his howler of a cross field pass, thought Queens Park no 5( jamieson ?) looked a really good player in the making. Trialist keeper did well too. A close game, and a really gutsy win for us.Hamilton did well in midfield and everybody put in a shift.Cox's reputation goes before him and there's no doubt the Queens players targeted him but we can't go on like this. To get booked, and then get sent off before play has even restarted is ridiculous Dubrowski's antics at the end were a bit out but the ensuing mayhem was mental. All good fun though

Plenty for the excitable to get excited about in this game, but these are observant comments. Not much in it but Cowden did well with 10 to see it out. I agree with all Mark Robert's comments here:

1 hour ago, Blue Oktober said:

Tough fought win & delighted with the three points great to have these guys travel all the way from Dublin to back us haste ye back 💙👏👋👏

DMW_Dublin_6418.thumb.jpg.176c84855e1535dc215f2c0999a9b9ab.jpg

How is Fraser? Is his arm healing ok?

11 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Jamie Pyper has been pretty good at right back these last 2 games

Pyper is ok. He just needs to have more belief. Believing in yourself is a huge factor in football.