Peterheid V Montrose

Our incredible run of six straight victories started against Peterheid, let's just hope they don't bring it to an end.

Peterhead coming off the back of two impressive wins will be full of confidence so this is a hard one to call.

Our record run of victories is seven so I'll stick my neck out and say we'll match it on Saturday - 2-0 to the Mighty Mo.

Pleasing result against Forfar, second clean sheet and now a zero goal difference, the run continues.

Peterhead away this Saturday who have put together two wins having lost four in a row. A very physical side with McAllister back scoring and he will be a handful for Dillon and Matty Allan.

Providing we battle hard and cut out the service to Mcallister I can see us picking up the points as we are creating enough chances to win. Hopefully Watson will be back and we are back to the recognised line up.

2 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Worst game of football I've ever seen.

Glad I didn't see it but it was excruciating watching so-called live updates on BBC website and Montrose Twitter wasn't exactly stellar in the update department either.

According to the stats, we appear fortunate to have got anything from Balmoor today, so while we dropped points for the first time in a while, glad we didn't lose.

ApologiesctMust apologise to Peterhead and their supporters for some idiot throwing a lighter at Greg Fleming. Not one of the regular fans but someone on the unofficial bus.  We have banter with opponents keeper but would never/never resort to this. Apologises were made to Greg at end by the regular  non plastic once a year supporters who were just out on the piss.

1 minute ago, watdeadlyone said:

Apologiesct Must apologise to Peterhead and their supporters for some idiot throwing a lighter at Greg Fleming. Not one of the regular fans but someone on the unofficial bus.  We have banter with opponents keeper but would never/never resort to this. Apologises were made to Greg at end by the regular  non plastic once a year supporters who were just out on the piss.

And you broke our floodlight. 😋 Vandals.

Not the best game of football but two comitted teams cancelling each other out. Fair result.

By any measure that was a pretty uninspiring game of football. Neither team deserved to win. A positive for us was 3 clean sheets on the bounce. Whoever threw the lighter should have been “dealt with” and then chucked out. Nobody needs/wants arseholes like that letting the rest of us down. As for the floodlight .. nearly shit myself when it blew.

Pity about the game itself but I thought both teams gave each other a fair amount of respect and that resulted in stalemate. Both sides were determined to give nowt away so it was gonna take a mistake or a bit of magic to break the deadlock and we got neither. The optimistic way of looking at it is that both sides got what they set out to achieve which was to keep unbeaten runs going. A reporter told me at half-time he hadn't written anything significant on his notepad until nearly half-time apart from 3 yellow cards!

I thought it was a bit dim in the second half but I didn't notice from the far side stand that a floodlight blew up. Don't think it was one of our lads who climbed up there but it could have been the legendary noise from the P'heid fans banging on the boards behind the away keeper's goals creating high pitched decibels! It explains what the security staff were doing though, picking up bits of glass from the pitchside. I thought they were picking up bits of sea shells dropped by dive bombing seagulls. On the fag lighter incident I wouldn't be surprised if the lad who threw it was just trying to do Greg Fleming a favour as the keeper had little else to do so might as well have had a fag. Apols though, it shouldn't happen and true fans don't do that sort of thing.

Crap game but fair doos.