EAST OF SCOTLAND CUP

Snowman

4 hours ago, LoveFitbaw said:

Took in the game last night. Thought after a nervy start cambusbarron had the better of the 1st half with neither side creating loads of chances. Goal ruled out for offside. Another half chance and then just before HT scored from a penalty. 2nd half Fallin came out and were the better team but again not creating loads of clear cut chances. Fallin did miss a penalty to make it 1–1 and then scored not long after with a great header. Fallin then had a man sent off for a 2nd yellow. Still thought Fallin were more in control but still neither side creating much. Fallin keeper had a great save with about 2 minutes to go as cambu had a few corners but I’d say 1-1 was probably fair.  Penalties a lottery. 

Good summary- I think both teams were very nervous  ,understandably but thought Fallin just shaded it although you could argue that Cambusbarron had the best chances.  Best of luck to Cambusbarron for the rest of the season and good luck to Fallin in the final.

1 hour ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Does seem a touchy point with a couple on here to a pretty reasonable question. Obviously can see both sides but for me if a Club has folded a few times and then someone just starts a Club up using the same name its not the same Club. Basically you could call yourself any Club name that previously folded and claim their titles??? Still its a great achievement to make the East Final

Definetely not a touchy point,

Point here is regardless of if Fallin have had times where they have struggled they have always had teams playing ammie football. So there history is about a small mining village who play out of there local pub (Fallin Miners Welfare) , its about a bringing that local community together and giving something for them to cheer about.

The Club is part of the village , like most ammie teams so we focus on that and we'll enjoy the good times and the bad.

Took in game last night. Think 1-1 was a fair result. Not many clear chances. Couple good saves from both keepers, especially the penalty save from big McGuiness. Think the fallin subs changed the game, Kyle imrie immediately changing the game. And even after the red card I think fallin still maybe just the better team. Some cracking penalties in the shoot out too. Just a shame it's an absolute lottery. All the best to cambusbarron for the rest of season and good luck to fallin in the final 👍