Healthy Eating

1 hour ago, virginton said:

It's really not 'healthy eating' at all though, given that it's stacked with sugars upon sugars from the dried fruits as well as the enormous stack of calories from peanut butter. You'd be as well just buying a Snickers and stop kidding yourself. 

Unless you have the palate and the cooking skills of a five year old then maintaining a healthy diet is not a sacrifice: there are plenty of ways to make vegetables delicious and a key part of your diet, while still having a magnificent steak or slice roll from time to time. The fat mess lobby will no doubt try to register their disgustingness as an identity choice soon enough though, which will bring an end to taking any sort of personal responsibility for their stupid lifestyle choices. 

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

Think I'll leave that sadact routine to the chump furiously blending and mashing pantry items in order to avoid the evils of 'processed food' tbh.

I can't help but feel that these posts go some way to explaining why you've got a mouth that looks like it isn't a stranger to a methadone queue. 

We've been using Hello Fresh for the last month and I can't recommend it enough.

No chance!! I did a trial of that and it nearly caused me a mental breakdown. Mrs Boo would come home expecting dinner to be greeted with the sight of every pan used or being used and me in a foul mood through having to do every tiny thing from scratch.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

If you're going to the gym regularly, dates and peanut butter are excellent and perfectly healthy options.

Particularly when the peanut butter ingredients are 100% peanuts and not calorie laden like certain posters assume just because their mum buys the Kraft stuff out of Asda and spreads it on their toast in the morning. 

Who do you listen to though - your gym's nutrition advice or some dafty on the interweb?

Screenshot_20191115-235332_Chrome.jpg

37 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Who do you listen to though - your gym's nutrition advice or some dafty on the interweb?

Oooft, imagine thinking that some steroid-doped moron from your local gym is qualified to dish out balanced nutritional and health advice. 

Oooft, imagine thinking that some steroid-doped moron from your local gym is qualified to dish out balanced nutritional and health advice. 

I think you are missing the point baw heed. His choice is absolutely fine as part of a varied and balanced diet. Im also sure he regularly partakes in exercise so dont see the problem

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

I think you are missing the point baw heed. His choice is absolutely fine as part of a varied and balanced diet. Im also sure he regularly partakes in exercise so dont see the problem

As is a Snickers bar, without going to sadact lengths to produce a processed snack that has essentially the same nutritional value. 

As is a Snickers bar, without going to sadact lengths to produce a processed snack that has essentially the same nutritional value. 

I agree the odd snickers is not going to kill you but not convinced it has the same nutritional value. Overall the calories may not be too different.

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

At night put some yoghurt + a squirt of honey in a bowl. Mix it up and then sprinkle in porridge oats. Roughly 1/3 of porridge to 2/3 honeyed yoghurt. Put it in the fridge overnight and eat for breakfast.
Provides steady energy to power you through to lunchtime.

So does two rolls 'n sausage.

57 minutes ago, virginton said:

Creating culinary masterpieces in the kitchen in under 20 minutes = "sadact lengths". Some boy.

Ainsley's not going to be happy one bit when he hears about this.