Healthy Eating

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

We have our vegan friend staying this weekend, anyone got any good recipes to try? I’m going to make Thai vegetable curry in the slow cooker but need something else.

For dessert?

Irritating video, but can seriously recommend this one.

https://www.theeasyvegan.org/vegan-sticky-toffee-pudding/

10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

We have our vegan friend staying this weekend, anyone got any good recipes to try? I’m going to make Thai vegetable curry in the slow cooker but need something else.

Carrot and leek risotto, caramelized onion and barbecue sauce quesadillas with vegan cheese, lentil daal, etc. Vegan Chilli and lentil bolognese are also decent.

• 10 months later...
On 27/11/2019 at 14:29, Marshmallo said:

I have a close friend who followed The Quavers Diet and he looks fantastic for it.

Saw I'd posted in this thread and was reading through wondering what my contribution was. I'm funny AF a lot of the time.

• 4 months later...

I decided to make a proper effort at healthy eating last March, after a post xmas bout of nonsense eating pushed me up to 15st. Crash diets are of course never the answer and are unsustainable so I tried to make a small number of changes that i could maintain, which were: 

1. Binning fizzy drinks. Even though I drank low cal stuff it bloats you like f**k
  2. Swapping a breakfast of cereal and toast for a bowl of 200g mixed fruit and 150g strawberry Skyr. Tastes lovely and is low in fat and high in protein
  3. Lunches are generally a chicken and bean wrap which is high in protein and a smaller version of breakfast for after
  4. Evening meals were largely unchanged as we were already eating reasonably healthy for those, we changed changed from having a takeaway every Friday to one a month.

By and large this boiled down to around 1200 cals a day, leaving a bit spare for wee snacks and coffees through the day so I've never felt ravenous as I probably would have done had i tried a fad diet. 

Prior to this I was still exercising regularly (80-100 miles a week on the bike, gym twice a week) but on those days I'd eat more unhealthy stuff because I'd exercised. Lockdown meant I could up my weekly bike miles to about 125-150 but I didn't change much else. Overall it's worked fairly well. I've dropped to 12St 7 since then and various other stats such as body fat % etc etc are also much improved. 

25 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I decided to make a proper effort at healthy eating last March, after a post xmas bout of nonsense eating pushed me up to 15st. Crash diets are of course never the answer and are unsustainable so I tried to make a small number of changes that i could maintain, which were: 

1. Binning fizzy drinks. Even though I drank low cal stuff it bloats you like f**k
  2. Swapping a breakfast of cereal and toast for a bowl of 200g mixed fruit and 150g strawberry Skyr. Tastes lovely and is low in fat and high in protein
  3. Lunches are generally a chicken and bean wrap which is high in protein and a smaller version of breakfast for after
  4. Evening meals were largely unchanged as we were already eating reasonably healthy for those, we changed changed from having a takeaway every Friday to one a month.

By and large this boiled down to around 1200 cals a day, leaving a bit spare for wee snacks and coffees through the day so I've never felt ravenous as I probably would have done had i tried a fad diet. 

Prior to this I was still exercising regularly (80-100 miles a week on the bike, gym twice a week) but on those days I'd eat more unhealthy stuff because I'd exercised. Lockdown meant I could up my weekly bike miles to about 125-150 but I didn't change much else. Overall it's worked fairly well. I've dropped to 12St 7 since then and various other stats such as body fat % etc etc are also much improved. 

1200 calories a day? Fuck me, I think i'd be dead within a week if I had so few, and I'm fairly lean.

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I discovered recently that fried fenchel is absolutely terrific. Thoroughly recommend with a good peanut sauce and other veg in a curry.

What the f**k is fenchel? Is this another random use of a German term like granite Apple?

Edited by Honest_Man#1
Fennel. It’s fennel.