Healthy Eating

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

I'd hate the thought of having watch what I eat so i don't. I'm going to die at some point and I'd rather enjoy my food. I'd rather die young than end up living for ages and being spoonfed whilst filling a nappy.

It's not that bad!

1 hour ago, microdave said:

I'd hate the thought of having watch what I eat so i don't. I'm going to die at some point and I'd rather enjoy my food. I'd rather die young than end up living for ages and being spoonfed whilst filling a nappy.

I find it bonkers the amount of folk (and it seems to be growing by the day) who want to be seen to be super duper healthy. 

I know of a guy who worked at my place about fifteen years ago ate well, jogged everywhere and basically lived his life like a hermit. He had his house paid off and a lovely wee nest egg. 

Died about a week after taking early retirement whilst getting his papers in the morning. 

At least his bairns could get pished off all that money. 

20 minutes ago, Dele said:

I find it bonkers the amount of folk (and it seems to be growing by the day) who want to be seen to be super duper healthy. 

I know of a guy who worked at my place about fifteen years ago ate well, jogged everywhere and basically lived his life like a hermit. He had his house paid off and a lovely wee nest egg. 

Died about a week after taking early retirement whilst getting his papers in the morning. 

Equally i hate fat greedy b*****ds who do f**k all, eat hunners of shite and cost the nhs a fortune.

The reality everything in moderation is fine. If you feel like you are putting on weight then get a bag of gear and a hauf ecky and the weight will drop off you

2 hours ago, microdave said:

Quote from Kingsley Amis:

"No pleasure is worth giving up for an extra 2 years in a geriatric home."

I don’t say anything but some of the diets I see at work are mental. Six packets of crisps and pies, chocolate. It’s like how a five year old would eat if they had a choice.

I have a friend who has a few problems, including being very overweight. It’s something he’s struggled with his whole life, I think he’s just decided this is how it is and is going to go for it.

We were on holiday a few years ago and I was sitting across from him when he got a coffee. The place had sugar lumps in a bowl rather than a shaker or sachets and he out eight lumps of sugar in his coffee, a normal sized cup of white coffee. EIGHT sugars. I mean, thats something I would’ve done when I was ten.

On 14/11/2019 at 03:10, MixuFixit said:

Dates, any nuts, peanut butter, wee bit of chocolate. Whizz in a food processor till it's a rough paste, roll into balls, keep in the fridge. Nice filling snack.

I made something very similar the other day - I cup of medjool dates, 1 cup peanut butter (couldn't find any almond butter), 1/2 cup cacao powder,  1 scoop whey protein powder, 1 cup dried cranberries, almonds and cashews fired in there, all mixed together then spread into a tray and left in a fridge for 2 hours. Cut into bars and it is sensational. 

13 hours ago, dorlomin said:

Steamed veggies help keep you full and are full of vitamins and minerals, a cheap steamer for the stove will be about £12 and takes a few minutes. 

I just put my veggies in a sieve, rest them over the pot of whatever I'm boiling and put the lid over that. 

9 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I made something very similar the other day - I cup of medjool dates, 1 cup peanut butter (couldn't find any almond butter), 1/2 cup cacao powder,  1 scoop whey protein powder, 1 cup dried cranberries, almonds and cashews fired in there, all mixed together then spread into a tray and left in a fridge for 2 hours. Cut into bars and it is sensational. 

It's really not 'healthy eating' at all though, given that it's stacked with sugars upon sugars from the dried fruits as well as the enormous stack of calories from peanut butter. You'd be as well just buying a Snickers and stop kidding yourself. 

Unless you have the palate and the cooking skills of a five year old then maintaining a healthy diet is not a sacrifice: there are plenty of ways to make vegetables delicious and a key part of your diet, while still having a magnificent steak or slice roll from time to time. The fat mess lobby will no doubt try to register their disgustingness as an identity choice soon enough though, which will bring an end to taking any sort of personal responsibility for their stupid lifestyle choices. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

It's really not 'healthy eating' at all though, given that it's stacked with sugars upon sugars from the dried fruits as well as the enormous stack of calories from peanut butter. You'd be as well just buying a Snickers and stop kidding yourself. 

Come back to me when you've calculated the difference in trans and saturated fats between a Snickers and my delicious dish.

8 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Come back to me when you've calculated the difference in trans and saturated fats between a Snickers and my delicious dish.

Think I'll leave that sadact routine to the chump furiously blending and mashing pantry items in order to avoid the evils of 'processed food' tbh.