McDonalds ordering screens, Braehead.

pozbaird

39 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Make your own burgers, and give McDonalds & 5 Guys a big GIRFUY. Here’s my method, and it seems to go down well with anyone who’s tried them. Dead easy....

Get same sized packs of 5% fat beef mince and pork mince.

Mix very well.

Add a pinch of salt, black pepper, and a tablespoon of wholegrain mustard - mix very well.

In a plastic burger press, make the mix into burger shapes and place them on a baking tray, cover with a clean tea towel and chill in fridge overnight.

From chilled, fry for 15 mins on each side.

Serve on toasted buns with whatever the hell you like - cheese, onion, tomato, lettuce, crispy bacon, pineapple, fried egg....

Try this sauce - equal measures tomato sauce and mayo’. Mix well. Add a pinch of black pepper, and get a wee jar of those sweet pickle ‘cornichon’ things. Slice a handful of them, add to the tomato sauce / mayo mix and spread on your toasted bun.

Luvvly jubbly.

Fat is flavour. 5% is far too little.

For what it's worth, a McDonalds wage is aspirational for me, and my employers have frozen wages for everyone at my pay grade and under for the past two years. A few months back, the union proposed a 1% pay rise, which was slapped down by the high heid yins, who immediately passed a 6% pay rise for themselves. It's so bad that management will be on the same pay as entry level staff if there's a rise in minimum wage come April.

That said, the idea that I should be annoyed at the prospect of McDonalds staff getting a pay rise is mystifying. The Tories have absolutely won if this is a common attitude and people deserve exactly what's coming.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Make your own burgers, and give McDonalds & 5 Guys a big GIRFUY. Here’s my method, and it seems to go down well with anyone who’s tried them. Dead easy....

Get same sized packs of 5% fat beef mince and pork mince.

Mix very well.

Add a pinch of salt, black pepper, and a tablespoon of wholegrain mustard - mix very well.

In a plastic burger press, make the mix into burger shapes and place them on a baking tray, cover with a clean tea towel and chill in fridge overnight.

From chilled, fry for 15 mins on each side.

Serve on toasted buns with whatever the hell you like - cheese, onion, tomato, lettuce, crispy bacon, pineapple, fried egg....

Try this sauce - equal measures tomato sauce and mayo’. Mix well. Add a pinch of black pepper, and get a wee jar of those sweet pickle ‘cornichon’ things. Slice a handful of them, add to the tomato sauce / mayo mix and spread on your toasted bun.

Luvvly jubbly.

AC165EFD-CE62-4A10-90FA-77EB36B0AEFE.png

12 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Fat is flavour. 5% is far too little.

As I use equal measures of beef and pork mince, there’s a higher fat content in the pork, so 5% lean beef in the mix works well. If I was just using beef mince, I’d certainly go for a higher fat content.

On 13/11/2019 at 10:16, MONKMAN said:

Why aren’t these workers entitled to push for better pay and working conditions, from an employer making obscene amounts of money?

Also, if someone who’s been to uni, college etc is unhappy that McDonalds workers would be earning more than them, then fire a CV into their local branch.

Or participate in some form of collective action to stand up for themselves 

9 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I thought he was going to ask for a reasonable amount but his wife advised him to ask for silly money to see what they'd say and they agreed to it without question.

:lol:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2999370/rangers-kevin-kyle-wage-ally-mccoist/

On 12/11/2019 at 21:53, John Lambies Doos said:
On 12/11/2019 at 18:54, pozbaird said:
These new-fangled screens you place your order on at McDonalds instead of talking to a human being at the counter? Good to see a big corporation like McDonalds has top-drawer proof readers before they install the things....

249217A7-8911-428C-930D-279942D48BE1.thumb.jpeg.c8ba905029eaf8669b967eb1ca668e2b.jpeg

Existed in French McDonald's last two years....

And in the UK,  seems it's just the backward places it's rolling out in now.

On 13/11/2019 at 12:35, Hedgecutter said:

This is what cheeses me off about the Tories slagging off the Scottish government about how they've turned it into the most taxed part of the UK.

This is a part of the UK where I've had free university tuition that has allowed me to get a skilled job and pay more tax into the system than I would have otherwise, claim ongoing repeat prescriptions, bus passes etc, etc... and you know what?  I'm happy to pay that little bit more into the system when I can afford it and it helps improve the lives of others like it has done for me. 

If anything, I'm actually rather proud that I live in that part of the UK that isn't as motivated by greed through penny pinching and wilfully and knowingly shafting the less well off to do it.  The blue will hopefully soon get wiped from the political map north of the border (come on Dumfries, you need the EU more than the Tories), and it'll be absolutely glorious, especially if they need to work out which English constituency MP will  be the Scottish Secretary.

‘Happy to pay more tax’.

Sets up company structure in order to actively avoid paying more tax.

Interesting.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Yer man on 30k a year - Can’t believe Corbyn thinks people shouldn’t be billionaires, nothing wrong with being successful at all.

Also yer man on 30k a year - Imagine thinking those lazy, unskilled good for nothing’s should get a comfortable wage. Fucking Corbyn. 

The lower middle income Tories who don’t even vote Tory for their own personal benefit but because they have an inflated opinion of themselves as better than those on a lower wage or on benefits and want them kept down are the worst c***s. 

Meanwhile, at a McDonalds ordering screen in Braehead, Nicola Sturgeon orders chicken nuggets and a strawberry shake, before wondering if Labour plan to nationalise thread drift.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

In fairness, your thread was absolutely terrible, you should be thankful for the McDonalds workers trying to score themselves some workers rights and distracting from the fact that you made a thread on a spelling mistake. 

I thought this was one of my better threads. I’m crushed. 😀

Does anyone remember the Mega Mac burger?
It was like 2 Big Macs joined together.

This was before people got healthy and didn’t want tablespoons of salt each day.

Aye I remember it, mainly for a friend challenging another friend (who’s built like The Undertaker) to see how many bites he could eat it in. 4 and a half was the result [emoji1]