Rangers Colts v Wrexham

Raith_Raver

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Ideally you would want a Celtic v Rangers final every year, but the clubs keep voting to keep them out the league. However, I expect they'll eventually bribe and chest their way in.

Hopefully not. we have been fortunate so far in never having drawn a Colt team in this, would certainly not attend such a game. The competition has become a farce with many teams even from the lower leagues fielding weakened teams against Colt teams. If they ever made it into the actual league system that would be the end of it for me I would head to either Highland League or Juniors.

5 hours ago, peternapper said:

Doncaster will have a sticky patch down his leg after that. Hopefully somebody puts a decent team out against them to get shot of this embarrassment. 

Not many teams have put full strength sides out in this competition anyway but the Solihull side was probably the closest. Would be interesting to see if teams will put out better sides now they are in the semis.

Don't think Caley or Thistle will chance players with the league taking priority, would imagine Rovers would take it a bit more seriously. This competition is getting to the stage that even the teams it was meant to give some chance of picking up a cup are not bothered with it.

Edited by peternapper

4 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Don't think Caley or Thistle will chance players with the league taking priority, would imagine Rovers would take it a bit more seriously. This competition is getting to the stage that even the teams it was meant to give some chance of picking up a cup are not bothered with it.

Take it seriously ?

No chance, we’ve a league to win.

BTW since when was John Flanagan under 23 ?

Edited by Beastie Russell

3 hours ago, TavTastic said:

Not many teams have put full strength sides out in this competition anyway but the Solihull side was probably the closest. Would be interesting to see if teams will put out better sides now they are in the semis.

I think Solihull played more or less their first team squad against Kelty and the Colts. Last year both Borehamwood and Sutton played their first teams. The Welsh sides always take the competition seriously and play their strongest teams.

PS I think we put out a strong side against Ross County colts and it was definitely more or less a first team against Glenavon, so McGlynn seems to have his eye on it.

Edited by Raith_Raver